The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

10 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Part of me thinks he'd have been better sticking around and the club did do a lot for him, taking a chance on him after bad injuries and supporting him through a very sticky spell just after covid killed the season.

You could probably argue he owes more of that to Tommy Wright - who took another chance on him this season - than the club…

19 minutes ago, saint-johns-toun said:

I had never even heard of salford city until 10 minutes ago...

They've had quite a lot of media exposure since 2014 after being taken over by Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt, Gary Neville and Phil Neville (and latterly David Beckham). I imagine their transfer budget would blow ours away.

As others have said, no chance we are competing with what Salford can offer. As far as I am aware, Hendry and his Dad have made no secret of the fact that he wanted to return to England and have been trying to get a club sorted for him for months.

As far the narrative that he felt forced out by Callum Davidson or that the club could have done more to keep him, I'm not buying that. Davidson was the man that initially recommended Hendry to the club and gave him ample opportunities to prove his worth. Similarly, the club were never competing with the wages on offer, particularly when Hendry had expressed his wish to move to England.

Think they are a club that goes through players like water. The number of players they have bought and sold in recent years in pretty high, hopefully he will make a success of it. Sure they have just put in a new management team with Nicky Butt and Neville working with the former Man Utd under 23 manager. 

Have to laugh at some of the comments about Callum not fancying him and not wanting to play him etc. He put him out on loan to get his confidence and brought him back as a success for us. I would say for that he deserves some credit. Also look at the video of the 2 Callums after the last game it is pretty obvious that CH does not hold any grudges, indeed some would say Saints put him in the shop window to get his move South and at least double his wage i would think. .  

I wanted him gone after the Arbroath game, tbh, so I can't place any blame for Davidson writing him off really.

Frustrating to lose him for nothing but Salford would blow us away financially.

A player who's suffered the injuries Hendry has isn't passing up an opportunity like that either.

2 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Can't blame him. It's clear he wasn't in Callum's plans until he was almost forced to play him.

Agreed, I wish him well and thank him for saving us from relegation.

Think he will do well provided they play to his strengths and don't play him as a lone striker.

Poor guy will have to put up with Bobby Madden who is going to be refereeing in league 1 and 2 in England.

Edited by Cagey

With Siegrist going to Celtic " will be get s a game ahead of Hart " I assume it is still on the cards for Zander to go to Arabs. A bit quiet on that front.

IF Ross gets the United job will he sign McCart , as he was interested when at Hibs.

When does the transfer window close. Is it the end of July or August.

19 hours ago, mainstand said:

Think they are a club that goes through players like water. The number of players they have bought and sold in recent years in pretty high, hopefully he will make a success of it. Sure they have just put in a new management team with Nicky Butt and Neville working with the former Man Utd under 23 manager. 

Not only players but since they flew up the pyramid and got to join the bigger boys league they have had significant changes in Management and coaching staff on a fairly frequent basis. They had 2 coaches who had been with them for quite some time until they got promoted from or to the Conference when they were sacked unceremoniously, despite some impressive scalps during their tenure. Some of the guys who took over did not last long as the Class of 92 don’t like, what they consider, failure to progress. Callum should enjoy the challenge.

A bit board so looked into our signing take from it what you wish me in hope a back 4:

Constidine (35) from Aberdeen where he played left side of a back 4 not a back 3.
2021/2022 He started  4 games and came on as a sub once not much football played. 
Injury 19 August 2021 “The 34-year-old suffered a cruciate ligament injury in the first leg of the Europa Conference League play-off against Qarabag in Baku last week and had an operation” He returned from injury on 19 March and started 1 game between then and the end of the season. Checked the last 2 seasons he has never played in a back 3 at Aberdeen

Wright (27) from Hibs Where he played midfield. In the 2 seasons there he played 37 times and scored 2 goals (with us he started 36 games and scored 0 goals) In his first season with us His first season he suffered a knee injury in a match against Kilmarnock in November 2018. In August 2019 he returned to playing after nine months out. He rejected a new contract and left us  in June 2020. 
SPFL Season 2020-2021 He played Right Midfield and Left Midfield. Starting eleven: 9, Substituted in: 8, On the bench: 11, Injured: 3, Goals: 1, Assists: 0 
SPFL Season 20021-2022 He played Right Midfield Left mid Field and Attacking Right Midfield Starting eleven: 7, Substituted in: 10, On the bench: 11,  Injured: 0 Goals: 1, Assists:0
He never played wing back at Hibs 

Edited by Johnny B

4 hours ago, Johnny B said:

A bit board so looked into our signing take from it what you wish me in hope a back 4:

Constidine (35) from Aberdeen where he played left side of a back 4 not a back 3.
2021/2022 He started  4 games and came on as a sub once not much football played. 
Injury 19 August 2021 “The 34-year-old suffered a cruciate ligament injury in the first leg of the Europa Conference League play-off against Qarabag in Baku last week and had an operation” He returned from injury on 19 March and started 1 game between then and the end of the season. Checked the last 2 seasons he has never played in a back 3 at Aberdeen

Wright (27) from Hibs Where he played midfield. In the 2 seasons there he played 37 times and scored 2 goals (with us he started 36 games and scored 0 goals) In his first season with us His first season he suffered a knee injury in a match against Kilmarnock in November 2018. In August 2019 he returned to playing after nine months out. He rejected a new contract and left us  in June 2020. 
SPFL Season 2020-2021 He played Right Midfield and Left Midfield. Starting eleven: 9, Substituted in: 8, On the bench: 11, Injured: 3, Goals: 1, Assists: 0 
SPFL Season 20021-2022 He played Right Midfield Left mid Field and Attacking Right Midfield Starting eleven: 7, Substituted in: 10, On the bench: 11,  Injured: 0 Goals: 1, Assists:0
He never played wing back at Hibs 

And your point is , caller.

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

And your point is , caller.

Point is both will be asked to play in a position which is nor natura; if he plays back 3 and Wright as wing back Hence I hope back 4   And missed through injury As I said you take from it what it what you wish or ignore it and hope for the bestir.

20 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Not only players but since they flew up the pyramid and got to join the bigger boys league they have had significant changes in Management and coaching staff on a fairly frequent basis. They had 2 coaches who had been with them for quite some time until they got promoted from or to the Conference when they were sacked unceremoniously, despite some impressive scalps during their tenure. Some of the guys who took over did not last long as the Class of 92 don’t like, what they consider, failure to progress. Callum should enjoy the challenge.

Graeme Alexander being one

On this topic (sort of), I think we're about to go through a bad period for Scottish football. Firstly, I think the OF are getting stronger and pulling further away from the rest. Secondly, quite a few Scottish managers have moved down South recently and will be offering contracts to anyone half decent who has left an SPFL club. In previous years players like Rooney & Hendry might've moved on to Hibs, Aberdeen and perhaps back to us after a few years. This means clubs like us have our best players picked up for nothing to go and play in League 2, whilst we replace them with poorer quality.

2 hours ago, Linky said:

On this topic (sort of), I think we're about to go through a bad period for Scottish football. Firstly, I think the OF are getting stronger and pulling further away from the rest. Secondly, quite a few Scottish managers have moved down South recently and will be offering contracts to anyone half decent who has left an SPFL club. In previous years players like Rooney & Hendry might've moved on to Hibs, Aberdeen and perhaps back to us after a few years. This means clubs like us have our best players picked up for nothing to go and play in League 2, whilst we replace them with poorer quality.

This is why it is more important than ever that we invest in developing our own players.

We should invest money in quality coaches, cutting edge training facilities and a competitive academy rather than paying guys like Conway, Bryson, Ambrose and Considine the wages we have recently. Not to mention fees paid for likes of Vertainen, Bair and others.

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

This is why it is more important than ever that we invest in developing our own players.

We should invest money in quality coaches, cutting edge training facilities and a competitive academy rather than paying guys like Conway, Bryson, Ambrose and Considine the wages we have recently. Not to mention fees paid for likes of Vertainen, Bair and others.

100% this well said sir.