The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

58 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

In the past Carey and Wright would have been the sort of signing I would have been relatively excited about, apart from the fact he(Carey) is a on the wrong side of 30.

It begs the question:

Michael O’Halloran, Drey Wright, Ali Crawford, Cammy MacPherson, David Wotherspoon and now Graham Carey.

All players who are either very comfortable with the ball at their feet and like to look forward or are deemed “exciting game changers” by current or previous managers.

Can Callum turn us into a slick total football side and move away from the slow predictability we witnessed this season?!?!

Not sure how and when some of the aforementioned players will be utilised though.

I think I’m just comparing our business this summer with last year, which largely consisted of a bunch of untested kids on loan! 

Hoping lessons have been learned. Reading that Carey is more of a number 10 these days but might be an option for that LWB slot too? 

14 minutes ago, cristo said:

Where are the Graham Carey rumours coming from? Decent player, similar to Chris Miller if it's the same guy I'm thinking of. Ex County, Fakes?

He's joined the squad in Spain - you can see him the video that has been released.

20 hours ago, JDee said:

Think Carey plays as a 10 these days.   Bit of a short term signing but at least we should be a danger from dead ball situations again. 

Think him and considine will be shrewd signings.

If Carey signs , that will be the 3rd outfield player, ages totalling 95 years.

So much for bringing the average age of the squad down.

Having said that, Liam retiring at 35 is replaced by a player of the same age.

24 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

I read somewhere that Hendry and CD rate Bair highly. I think he may lead the line this season. Let the beast within, loose.

Bair didn't get a great deal of game time but wasn't impressed by what I have seen.

Fingers crossed that Hendry is right. Wouldn't rely on anything Davidson says especially after just playing him for about an hour in half a season.

Edited by Cagey

3 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Bair being an extraordinary athlete means nothing if he can't actually play football. 

Is he an extraordinary athlete? In the appearances he made for us he didn't look like he had much pace at all. I can only hope he benefits from a proper pre-season, but I'd been hoping for the same for Eetu and it's looking increasingly like he'll be off.

4 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Is he an extraordinary athlete? In the appearances he made for us he didn't look like he had much pace at all. I can only hope he benefits from a proper pre-season, but I'd been hoping for the same for Eetu and it's looking increasingly like he'll be off.

I think that was said by Hendry at one point.