The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

10 hours ago, Scott1884 said:

He was saying it in the papers last week

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/3424287/theo-bair-callum-hendry-st-johnstone/

“In all the teams I’ve been involved in, he’s probably the biggest athlete I’ve seen,” said Hendry.

“He’s got everything and I think he’ll get up to speed with a good pre-season.

“There is nothing stopping him going on and scoring goals for Saints this coming season.”

18 minutes ago, Linky said:

Not a chance. He's on £29k a week.

Wow the report on the news down here mentioned how Boyle’s preference is to stay in a top flight for the World Cup, the report never mentioned his wages, the news reported that Morecombe were keen I wonder if they could afford those wages?

29 grand a week, bloody hell

1 hour ago, rik2304 said:

Cover at LB/LWB as neither Booth nor Gallacher are expected to be fit for the start of the season.

Don't know how long the loan is for.

Not a wing back plays left back from brother in law who is a glory hunter Celtic supporter , They have signed an Argentinian to compete with Taylor so no longer required. He said he is a good player.

Courier also backs this up by stating "Celtic left-back Adam Montgomery joins St Johnstone on loan — St Johnstone have signed Celtic left-back Adam Montgomery on loan, The 19-year-old, who spent time with Aberdeen last season" .

Why waste a loan on someone to fill in as cover unless they hope to sign him at the end of the season

Edited by Johnny B

More than happy with that signing. The lad is clearly seen to have potential and we need someone to cover that area whilst we have two left backs injured. I don't want too much of the budget used up on a player that might not even make the squad in a few months time. If he is a complete disaster then James Brown can easily shift across again.

Much more concerned about how we get between the sticks and as our goal scorer.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Not a wing back plays left back from brother in law who is a glory hunter Celtic supporter , They have signed an Argentinian to compete with Taylor so no longer required. He said he is a good player.

Courier also backs this up by stating "Celtic left-back Adam Montgomery joins St Johnstone on loan — St Johnstone have signed Celtic left-back Adam Montgomery on loan, The 19-year-old, who spent time with Aberdeen last season" .

Why waste a loan on someone to fill in as cover unless they hope to sign him at the end of the season

Maybe we will be going 4 at the back next season then. I thought Carey was probably cover for left wing back.

Don't think Dons fans were happy with Montgomery.

One concern I have is that we have never brought a right back or left back through the academy as far as I remember.

Edited by Cagey

On 6/26/2022 at 10:57 AM, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Ross Doohan currently at Tranmere on loan from Celtic coming to end of 4 year Celtic contract, 24 yr old 6 ft 1 numerous Scotland youth caps, 30 games for Tranmere last season. Zander will know him well, ,   P 

Played from 17 with Tony Gallacher at Scotland games too

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

Maybe we will be going 4 at the back next season then. I thought Carey was probably cover for left wing back.

Don't think Dons fans were happy with Montgomery.

One concern I have is that we have never brought a right back or left back through the academy as far as I remember.

We did the young lad who's name escapes me but played a spell before ending up at Dunfermline 

2 hours ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Arron Comrie

that is hi, thanks. 

also in order to get the wing backs through the youth system you would really need to have them playing that way, know some teams do it but if a manager at first team level plays a certain style the rest of the club will adopt that style to. Do youth squads play a 3 or 4 at the back.

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

We did the young lad who's name escapes me but played a spell before ending up at Dunfermline 

Comrie. He had a bad game against Jordan Jones at Killie and Saints fans never rated him after that. I liked him.

St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson will turn his focus on signing a goalkeeper and bolstering his attack after securing left-back Adam Montgomery on loan from Celtic (The Courier)

I am pleased to hear this as a goal keeper and 2 strikers are rather important if we are to survive. It is probably just me but I thought they were more important that a left back :)