The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

Clearly we need a goalkeeper and a striker but personally I see it as a bit of a red flag that CD has said nothing about being in the market for a central midfielder. We've lost all three of Bryson, Butterfield and Craig since the end of the season and have no real ball-playing central midfielder in the squad. We spent way too much of last season trying to play Murray Davidson in that position and I'm convinced that played a huge part in our problems. We desperately need someone who can collect the ball from the defence and pick out a pass. Unless one of either MacPherson or Gilmour is going to seriously step up this season, I'm struggling to see how that issue is going to be resolved.

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Clearly we need a goalkeeper and a striker but personally I see it as a bit of a red flag that CD has said nothing about being in the market for a central midfielder. We've lost all three of Bryson, Butterfield and Craig since the end of the season and have no real ball-playing central midfielder in the squad. We spent way too much of last season trying to play Murray Davidson in that position and I'm convinced that played a huge part in our problems. We desperately need someone who can collect the ball from the defence and pick out a pass. Unless one of either MacPherson or Gilmour is going to seriously step up this season, I'm struggling to see how that issue is going to be resolved.

The keeper position is going to be an interesting position to fill. At best I can see it being filled by someone on loan, not too sure if it will be done before the league group stages start.

The pressure on Melke is going to be immense this season, he is quality and we will need to somehow pick up two more to go with him, on our wage structure it’s going to be tough.

Upfront will be May and hopefully maybe Eteu if he is not away, I really don’t know where we will find an out and out striker from?

19 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I agree and recently said similar on another thread. We desperately need a player in the middle of the park who is a leader and comfortable on the ball. So many of our problems last season came from struggling to keep possession of the ball, which resulted in our defence constantly having to face wave after wave of attack from the opposition.

We need someone in there in the mould of a Morris or Millar who will take control, be comfortable in possession and organise others around them.

6 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

The keeper position is going to be an interesting position to fill. At best I can see it being filled by someone on loan, not too sure if it will be done before the league group stages start.

The pressure on Melke is going to be immense this season, he is quality and we will need to somehow pick up two more to go with him, on our wage structure it’s going to be tough.

Upfront will be May and hopefully maybe Eteu if he is not away, I really don’t know where we will find an out and out striker from?

I have my doubts that Eetu will be here . The thought of May as our sole striker gives me the fear. Even if he was to regain his goal scoring ability I can't see him playing week in week out.

Have no idea when we will see Kane and how he will be after his injury and long lay off.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I have my doubts that Eetu will be here . The thought of May as our sole striker gives me the fear. Even if he was to regain his goal scoring ability I can't see him playing week in week out.

Have no idea when we will see Kane and how he will be after his injury and long lay off.

The question marks over Kane are massive, he will need more then a few bounce games when he is cleared for a full return to try to get his timing back.

55 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

My worry with Hallberg is that we'll end up playing him further back because we'll be overloaded with forwards/attacking midfielders but have a shortage of options further back in the midfield. I think we saw last season that Hallberg's really at his best when playing just behind or to the right of the strikers and he has the ability to get assists and create chances.

Saw a video of Bair scoring in training on twitter. The fact that they chose that clip may suggest Bair is being prepped to be the main striker from the start of the season.

Rumour is that we're interested in Callum Timmins from Perth Glory in Aus. 22 year-old centre midfielder. Although Dundee Utd and another club also interested.

55 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

The question marks over Kane are massive, he will need more then a few bounce games when he is cleared for a full return to try to get his timing back.

May and Kane are not the answer to our goal scoring problems. It may seem harsh, but they are part of the problem. I love them both. They put in a shift, take a hammering from defenders but they do not score goals.

We can’t keep running with a squad of non-scoring strikers if we are to address this issue.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Where does Max play?

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Saw a video of Bair scoring in training on twitter. The fact that they chose that clip may suggest Bair is being prepped to be the main striker from the start of the season.

I think that's reaching a bit. I think it more likely means it was the best video of a goal that the person doing the filming happened to get, so they stuck it up on the club account.

52 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

Where does Max play?

Seems to be more of an attacking midfielder from what little I've seen/read.

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I’d still like us to go for Scott Alan 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Eetu apparently signing for Linfield. Don't know if it's a loan or permanent. Hope it is permanent and he gets as far away from Davidson/McLean as possible.

You really are bitter and twisted about the 2 of them aren't you.  Nothing worse than a woman scorned they say well I think they have found it :laugh:

Everyone is forgetting that despite a decent start in the European ties we were rocked with losing key players at the "window" and the general shape of the team seemed to change weekly.

I'm not saying the personnel we have is enough to suggest a decent season, we need to unearth a striker, but let's not forget that we got the job done by staying in the league and were definitely going in the right direction as the season came to a close.

If CD can get his ideas and formation across to the players in pre season we might get a positive start to the season and promote some confidence.

There is still plenty of time left in the market. Having said that, we are distinctly weaker at the moment as a squad than we were this time last year. My concern is that Callum doesnae ken what a decent striker is...Callum Hendry and Vertainen pumped on loan last season would verify that.

Are we really going into a season with confidence with Chris Kane and Stevie May?

3 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Everyone is forgetting that despite a decent start in the European ties we were rocked with losing key players at the "window" and the general shape of the team seemed to change weekly.

I'm not saying the personnel we have is enough to suggest a decent season, we need to unearth a striker, but let's not forget that we got the job done by staying in the league and were definitely going in the right direction as the season came to a close.

If CD can get his ideas and formation across to the players in pre season we might get a positive start to the season and promote some confidence.

I agree, but loads of those players are now away...Rooney, Hendry, Clark, Middleton, McCart...

1 hour ago, Havana Saint said:

There is still plenty of time left in the market. Having said that, we are distinctly weaker at the moment as a squad than we were this time last year. My concern is that Callum doesnae ken what a decent striker is...Callum Hendry and Vertainen pumped on loan last season would verify that.

Are we really going into a season with confidence with Chris Kane and Stevie May?

Rumours are that the Chairman wanted to offer over and above to Hendry, but that Davidson said that Kane will always be his first-choice striker when fit, so it wasn't worth it.

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Think they’ve had plenty time now to get the right guys in

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

^^^ see that right there, that's Boris levels of deflection.

We never won a game out of our first 10(ten) fixtures. Callum Davidson sanctioned the players leaving as well as dithering on players coming in, losing out on some decent ones. Eventually signed 19(nineteen) of which they contributed in something ridiculous like 38 percent of minutes. Paid fees for utter garbage. Baffling lineups, playing loads of players out of position and seemed utterly clueless on how to change things when his preferred system was found wanting. Don't even get me started on his interviews, oaft.