The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

2 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

no loss

Yep, last thing we want in our squad is a young striker with a bit of raw talent who's played for Finland U-21s and looked interested in at least trying to bring some flair and creativity to our painful, predictable, hopeless, goal-less approach. 

I can understand people thinking Eetu didn't do enough when he was here, but what I can't understand is people not thinking it might have been a good idea to try to develop and encourage and get the best out of this player, instead of chucking him in the bin. It's just absolutely bizarre to me that the club invested so much time, money and resource in getting him here, but don't seem to have been willing to invest anything in him at all once he was actually our player. They practically spent longer trying to get his work permit sorted than they did actually giving him a chance to play. It's an absolute embarrassment the way we've treated this guy.

8 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Yep, last thing we want in our squad is a young striker with a bit of raw talent who's played for Finland U-21s and looked interested in at least trying to bring some flair and creativity to our painful, predictable, hopeless, goal-less approach. 

I can understand people thinking Eetu didn't do enough when he was here, but what I can't understand is people not thinking it might have been a good idea to try to develop and encourage and get the best out of this player, instead of chucking him in the bin. It's just absolutely bizarre to me that the club invested so much time, money and resource in getting him here, but don't seem to have been willing to invest anything in him at all once he was actually our player. They practically spent longer trying to get his work permit sorted than they did actually giving him a chance to play. It's an absolute embarrassment the way we've treated this guy.

Like yourself always found this one a bit strange that he got such little game time. 

None of us know, however,  what has been done behind closed doors by the player or the Club to make the move a success. Folk seem really keen to jump on this as being something the Club or the manager in particular has done wrong. Is it not just possible that the player has not fitted in with the other players and coaches at the club and not made the level of commitment and desire that they have looked at from him. I think sometimes you just have to accept or acknowledge that those at the Club will a bit more about what is happening than we do. 

It's a shame it has not worked out for him and hopefully he goes on to be a success somewhere, who knows he might be recalled come January and be a success at the Club. 

It’s weird the club obviously seen something in the lad to take him on and then to not give him a good go is baffling, does anyone think Ciftci deserved a game each week when he couldn’t score in a brothel with 200 quid in his hand

12 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Most of the players I'd have wanted we'd have to have moved on months ago, as it is we've, yet again, gone into a Summer window without anything in the works to strengthen us.

Like who?? and how do you know they didn't try?  It is very easy to hide behind a statement like the one you have made above. 

Pretty happy with the Carey signing. Been playing at a high level regularly last season so clearly still has the legs and will add some quality going forward. I would normally be thinking signing a 33 y/o attacking mid would be hard to justify but ye doesn’t appear to have had any major injury problems through his career. 

hopefully bag a few worldies too. 

surely we’ll be shifting some midfielders out now :laugh:

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

Like yourself always found this one a bit strange that he got such little game time. 

None of us know, however,  what has been done behind closed doors by the player or the Club to make the move a success. Folk seem really keen to jump on this as being something the Club or the manager in particular has done wrong. Is it not just possible that the player has not fitted in with the other players and coaches at the club and not made the level of commitment and desire that they have looked at from him. I think sometimes you just have to accept or acknowledge that those at the Club will a bit more about what is happening than we do. 

It's a shame it has not worked out for him and hopefully he goes on to be a success somewhere, who knows he might be recalled come January and be a success at the Club. 

This is my take on the Etu signing as well.

We have plenty experts on here who know everything but the reality is we know nothing of what goes on behind the scenes and if the lad didn't toe the line you can't be part of what needs to be a close tight knit group of players. When the morale and displine goes down the pan the team becomes fractured.

13 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

This is my take on the Etu signing as well.

We have plenty experts on here who know everything but the reality is we know nothing of what goes on behind the scenes and if the lad didn't toe the line you can't be part of what needs to be a close tight knit group of players. When the morale and displine goes down the pan the team becomes fractured.

Is Macca part of the problem though? First Melamed, then Vertainen and possibly Bair. 

Just sayin’

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

Folk seem really keen to jump on this as being something the Club or the manager in particular has done wrong.

Surely the club could have avoided much of the rumour, innuendo and discontent amongst the support if it had simply issued a short statement such as '... out on loan to gain experience improve fitness etc.'  Of course they are not obliged to keep fans informed.

3 hours ago, pezza70 said:

It’s weird the club obviously seen something in the lad to take him on and then to not give him a good go is baffling, does anyone think Ciftci deserved a game each week when he couldn’t score in a brothel with 200 quid in his hand

In my view It is that situation that has compounded the issue. Why was one player given so much time to prove he couldn't score and the other didn't get a fair chance.  If he wasn't ready for SPL standard football just say so in a carefully worded statement.

36 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

...we know nothing of what goes on behind the scenes and if the lad didn't toe the line...

:unsure:

Edited by Indicator

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Is Macca part of the problem though? First Melamed, then Vertainen and possibly Bair. 

Just sayin’

Melaned got offered a contract extension and played in a number of games  nobody has said hair has any problem other than comi gbin without having done any pre season 

19 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

I've seen some comments online of folks pinning some hope on Theo Bair to score goals. I know he wasn't played much, but when he was on he seemed sluggish or lacked intent to harass and get stuck in. That's pretty key to the Scottish game or at least the way we play on often poor surfaces.

Should see some of the surfaces up here:shock:

23 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

'Headed in the right direction'

Screenshot_20220630-160227_Chrome.thumb.jpg.78e42a748c674c7dc36d440b2e226bd9.jpg

In two of those games the priority was to avoid injuries and suspensions, not the result. If you ignore the under-strength teams put out against Celtic and Hibs, that's 5 points from 4 games. Add in the two previous first-team games - wins against Motherwell and Livingstone, and it's 11 points from the last 6 we actually tried in. That would be 4th in the form table. 

8 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Not sure if it has been said elsewhere but Glen Middleton amongst others have been told they have no future at Rangers and free to move on.

Not sure If Saints will be interested....maybe aye maybe naw

Would love to see him back, fully fit he would be a great addition to our squad 

9 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Not sure if it has been said elsewhere but Glen Middleton amongst others have been told they have no future at Rangers and free to move on.

I was talking to Glen Middleton's cousin last week and he said that Glen really enjoyed being at Saints and had a lot of respect for CD. So maybe aye!

9 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Not for me unless we’re changing system.

He’s clearly got talent but he needs to be playing regularly in his best position or he’s wasted. 

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'd take Middleton back but can only see it happening if it's another loan. Why would he take a wage cut to come here when he can stick it out at Sevco for another year and earn as much money as possible.

They are expected to get rid of him. He isn’t liked by Gio

14 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I would guess that Carey has filled his position in the squad, so would doubt it unless it's a cheap loan.

2 hours ago, Mad on saints said:

They are expected to get rid of him. He isn’t liked by Gio

Maybe so but he has a contract with them so he could choose to sit and wait that out, unless they're willing to pay it off. It may be easier and more cost effective for them to just shove him back out on loan again for the final year.

24 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Middleton plays center forward for Scotland's U21's. Pretty successful. Coud be an option against winger?

Don't think he was good as a lone striker for under 21s. Certainly wouldn't cope with big centre half in premiership.