Eetu back out on loan again - from the BBC

pezza70

18 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I really think there's a player there with Vertainen and would love to see him get a good, confidence-building pre-season under his belt and start the season all guns blazing for us, but I just don't see Davidson ever showing any faith in him or getting the best out of him.

Its funny I was thinking about the Eetu situation something strange going on, if a member of the coaching staff is being a real erse then they need to be gone not the young lad. Is the secret seven still going about maybe they know what's going on. Defo think there some games going on and the fact we haven't a shed load of strikers hanging about makes the situation worse. my early morning ramble, cheers guys have a good day

I can see where the 'Linfield are interested' part of this story comes from. It's less clear where the 'club won't stand in his way' bit comes from.

Is it a story from Linfield, in which case it could be based on optimism? Is the source his agent, in which case he might be demonstrating (false?) interest to raise his profile? Or has anyone at the club indicated to the journalist he can go? 

Without knowing where the story is coming from it's difficult to read anything into it.

Probably far less to the Eetu story than we are probably all imagining. 

Think a lot of hope was pinned on him being Saints new goalscorer before the European games and that never really worked out.

He will probably never appear in a Saints shirt again, it happens.

This is why it's a risk to sign someone on the back of recommendations and video footage. It worked with Melamed previous season but not last season. Other clubs waste money like this all of the time.

At least with Considine and Wright we know what we are getting.

Barring that interview after the game at Ibrox, I'm not sure what else the club has done wrong?

It is possible that Davidson came out with that quote in the heat of the moment? He is not the only football manager to have said something reactionary after a game and regret it later. Perhaps he apologised to Vertainen after?

Is it possible that an experienced coaching staff of Callum Davidson, Steven MacLean and Alex Cleland all watched him in training and thought he was not good enough? Is it possible that his attitude and effort were poor? 

Seems to me like certain sections of our support are just looking for any reason to try and create a story to suit their narrative of wanting Davidson out. 

49 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

Barring that interview after the game at Ibrox, I'm not sure what else the club has done wrong?

It is possible that Davidson came out with that quote in the heat of the moment? He is not the only football manager to have said something reactionary after a game and regret it later. Perhaps he apologised to Vertainen after?

Is it possible that an experienced coaching staff of Callum Davidson, Steven MacLean and Alex Cleland all watched him in training and thought he was not good enough? Is it possible that his attitude and effort were poor? 

Seems to me like certain sections of our support are just looking for any reason to try and create a story to suit their narrative of wanting Davidson out. 

Perhaps an experienced coaching staff should have done some more due diligence before signing him then? Rather than wasting time/money.

2 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Perhaps an experienced coaching staff should have done some more due diligence before signing him then? Rather than wasting time/money.

How many managers have a 100% success rate with transfers? 

Can do all the due diligence in the world, but sometimes a player just does not settle at a club.

1 hour ago, Aitchy said:

I think eyebrows were being raised about the treatment of Vertainen quite some time before any significant number of fans wanted Davidson out (and people were flagging similarities with what happened with Melamed), so I'm not sure that argument quite adds up.

Completely accept that the coaches may have decided they just don't rate him, but he's not the only player to receive this treatment and he's far from being their only unsuccessful signing, so at some point it's only to be expected that fans will start to wonder whether the fault lies with the people who are making the signings and coaching the players.

22 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

AFAIK they didn't have any choice the boy was brought in by former HOR and management were not ammused

See this is what I'm not sure of. Genuinely can't see a scenario where Davidson wasn't in agreement with either the structure or who that structure brought in. 

There's been rumors of both so it's very unclear what the story is.

2 hours ago, rik2304 said:

See this is what I'm not sure of. Genuinely can't see a scenario where Davidson wasn't in agreement with either the structure or who that structure brought in. 

There's been rumors of both so it's very unclear what the story is.

Callum had no say in the appointment of Grieve  no relationship or trust and Grieve was initially allowed to sign players without the managers say so.

9 hours ago, pezza70 said:

So did CD approve of all the signings in the mid season window, if so why not play them as they were his boys?

Exactly. Callum is a master at blaming anything and everything but himself.

In my opinion, unless they are remarkable at their job, those are the worst types of employees.

12 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Grieve was initially allowed to sign players without the managers say so.

Sorry but how do you know this? 

Previously on here @RandomGuy has said that he had some involvement with the club on transfers and that Callum was given final say on transfers. I find it very hard to believe that this would not have been the case. What possible benefit could there be in having a guy at the club given free reign to sign players without any form of final approval from the manager?