Eetu back out on loan again - from the BBC

pezza70

10 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Sorry but how do you know this? 

Previously on here @RandomGuy has said that he had some involvement with the club on transfers and that Callum was given final say on transfers. I find it very hard to believe that this would not have been the case. What possible benefit could there be in having a guy at the club given free reign to sign players without any form of final approval from the manager?

Apparently that was happening at Hibs and look how that turned out.

Callum Davidson had the final say on all signings. He'd just won the double, do folk really think the club would randomly decide to remove power from him and upset him?

Vertainen was one Grieve sourced and put forward, as, to my knowledge, the idea was Davidson would say what he wanted ("exciting attacker who can create chances for himself and others") and Grieve would do all the scouting work, put a list of names forward by how he rated them, and Davidson would select his choice from the list, negotiations would start with Davidson fully involved and he'd then sign off on it once it was done.

That's how it worked in the Summer and that's how it worked in January. 

Callum Davidson himself has said, numerous times, it was his decision to sign Vertainen, so I've no idea why people have decided he was some helpless figure is coming from

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Sorry but how do you know this? 

Previously on here @RandomGuy has said that he had some involvement with the club on transfers and that Callum was given final say on transfers. I find it very hard to believe that this would not have been the case. What possible benefit could there be in having a guy at the club given free reign to sign players without any form of final approval from the manager?

You will just need to trust me on this but it's 100%on the nail ,I can't reveal where my information Is from because it would betray a trust and end any future snippets 

Let's just say this person knows ,through his position and wouldn't make anything up. 

59 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

That's the point. Different ITK folk claiming different things. 

Think the issue is both Davidson and Grieve are Saints fans and have friends in the support. Both will pushing their own version of events out to their friends and these people will defend it.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Callum Davidson had the final say on all signings. He'd just won the double, do folk really think the club would randomly decide to remove power from him and upset him?

Vertainen was one Grieve sourced and put forward, as, to my knowledge, the idea was Davidson would say what he wanted ("exciting attacker who can create chances for himself and others") and Grieve would do all the scouting work, put a list of names forward by how he rated them, and Davidson would select his choice from the list, negotiations would start with Davidson fully involved and he'd then sign off on it once it was done.

That's how it worked in the Summer and that's how it worked in January. 

Callum Davidson himself has said, numerous times, it was his decision to sign Vertainen, so I've no idea why people have decided he was some helpless figure is coming from

So are you now claiming you know for a fact what happens at Saints, so you must be either a member of the board or SB in disguise. 

14 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

So are you now claiming you know for a fact what happens at Saints, so you must be either a member of the board or SB in disguise. 

Eh....other people can be involved at a club without being on the board or the chairman :laugh:

11 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Think the issue is both Davidson and Grieve are Saints fans and have friends in the support. Both will pushing their own version of events out to their friends and these people will defend it.

I know Lark has great contacts at Saints,so are you friends with Grieve? You claimed to have some role within the club,regarding signings,so was he your source ?

RandomGuy has explained previously what he was doing for the club, I don’t think he needs to tell the whole story again (unless of course he wants to) 

RandomGuy’s version of events tie in to what I’d heard previously. Very much a team effort but Davidson always had the final say on who we spoke to and then ultimately who we signed. Some of the players the manager brought to the table were signed, some of Grieves were too. I don’t think we’ll ever be any the wiser who’s responsible for what signing (although you can probably make educated guesses based where some of the players were sourced from). 

It’s all academic now anyway, Davidson is still here, Grieve is away. We’ll see soon enough if Davidson can muster up a good window this summer without Grieve’s help (a solid if unspectacular start with the 2 signings made already, in my opinion). Whatever happened, the appointment clearly didn’t work in the way any of us hoped it would. Wright always talked about wanting a head of recruitment, so maybe Grieve just came a bit too late to have the kind of impact that he could’ve had under different stewardship. 

I've zero interest in going through it all again, I made things clear a month or so ago and got myself in bother so won't be repeating it.

I'm also now just tired of the finger pointing everyone is doing in regards to last season, nobody comes out of it well and lessons need to have been learned from it, instead of just brushing it off as the fault of others.

Folk can believe what they want about what happened but I won't be speaking about it on here again, it's not helping anyone to dredge this all up every few weeks anymore.

12 hours ago, Kyle said:

RandomGuy has explained previously what he was doing for the club, I don’t think he needs to tell the whole story again (unless of course he wants to)  

I must of missed this explanation. But if, as he says he got into trouble over it all, why still come on here ‘disclosing’  company secrets which Saints like to keep to themselves? I have been privilege to lots of insider info over the last 40 years but it stays with me and that’s why I am still privileged to get snippets.

I didn't see anything that made me think he was the answer to any of our problems last season, and getting him out to Linfield was a good solution.

I hope he has a good pre season and comes back pushing for that floating No.10 role behind Kano if we pay that system.

6 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

I must of missed this explanation. But if, as he says he got into trouble over it all, why still come on here ‘disclosing’  company secrets which Saints like to keep to themselves? I have been privilege to lots of insider info over the last 40 years but it stays with me and that’s why I am still privileged to get snippets.

Me too,never seen any explanation,only a bit of a huff for whatever reason :?:

10 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

3 hours ago, dave mc said:

Me too,never seen any explanation,only a bit of a huff for whatever reason :?:

There was an explanation and it was quite a lengthy and in depth one as well. I'm not surprised there were repercussions as it was an eye opener and named names, egos, failed targets and why they were failed targets.

In the past now though and as he says, things need to be learned and they surely can't make the same mistakes this season. 

39 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

There was an explanation and it was quite a lengthy and in depth one as well. I'm not surprised there were repercussions as it was an eye opener and named names, egos, failed targets and why they were failed targets.

In the past now though and as he says, things need to be learned and they surely can't make the same mistakes this season. 

Must of missed this is there a link to it please