22/23 SPFL League Table

Linky

It’s too early to tell, so feel free to update this before the season starts, but what do you think the end of the season table will look like?

At the moment I’m going for:

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Hearts

4. Hibs

5. Aberdeen

6. Dundee U

7. Motherwell

8. Livi

9. St. Mirren

10. Kilmarnock

11. Saints

12. Ross

Our only hope is that Mackey can’t pull off such a great season again. Every other team, apart from Killie have strengthened and settled. Dundee U might be a bit bumpy with the loss of their manager, but I still expect them to finish strongly. 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

What a depressing read you lot are. 

The one good thing is that you were all wrong with your predictions last season so expect you to be just as wrong this season. 

Give us you prediction Mr Glass half full.

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

What a depressing read you lot are. 

The one good thing is that you were all wrong with your predictions last season so expect you to be just as wrong this season. 

I think at this time last year most of us were predicting another top 6 finish after winning the Double, but got that horribly wrong - not sure how that's a good thing though!

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Give us you prediction Mr Glass half full.

3 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Without checking did you submit your selection??

My prediction is in the top 2 of bottom half. 

1. Celtic
2. Rangers
3. Aberdeen 
4. Hibs
5. Dundee Utd
6. Hearts

8. Saints
8. Ross County
9. Motherwell
10. St Mirren
11. Killie
12. Livi 

Edited by mainstand

I honestly think next season will be much better than last. Last season we had horrendous luck with injuries and refereeing decisions neither can be as bad again especially with the introduction of VAR later in the season. Hopefully I am not being overly optimistic but I do think we have a top 6 level squad (the goalkeeper position is a worry though)and I do think we should be showing more faith in the very talented youngsters we have either in the squad or out on loan.

21 hours ago, mainstand said:

My prediction is in the top 2 of bottom half. 

1. Celtic
2. Rangers
3. Aberdeen 
4. Hibs
5. Dundee Utd
6. Hearts

8. Saints
8. Ross County
9. Motherwell
10. St Mirren
11. Killie
12. Livi 

I'd be absolutely over the moon with that as a final table, which is in itself a bit of a sad reflection of where we are as up until very recently I'd have described any Bottom 6 prediction as quite pessimistic for Saints.

• 2 months later...

The computer has spoken: A supercomputer prediction via MyBettingSites suggests Rangers will be unable to catch reigning champions Celtic for the Scottish title, Heart of Midlothian will secure third place, struggling Dundee United will be relegated and Kilmarnock will need a play-off to avoid dropping back down to the Championship.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9493064/supercomputer-predicts-rangers-celtic-title/

51 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

The computer has spoken: A supercomputer prediction via MyBettingSites suggests Rangers will be unable to catch reigning champions Celtic for the Scottish title, Heart of Midlothian will secure third place, struggling Dundee United will be relegated and Kilmarnock will need a play-off to avoid dropping back down to the Championship.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9493064/supercomputer-predicts-rangers-celtic-title/

I think I'll still be pretty surprised if Dundee Utd end up finishing bottom.

On 9/22/2022 at 8:57 AM, garydavidson said:

Give it a few more games and the predictions will all change again

On 10/1/2022 at 10:51 PM, Havana Saint said:

Win on Wednesday and I would say at this stage we are staying up. Utd look dreadful.

Think it's a bit early to be making that kind of judgement. After the Killie game, we have seven games until the World Cup and six of those are against teams currently above us in the league. I think those games will go a long way towards telling us whether we're going to be looking towards top six or looking back over our shoulder.

United were awful on Saturday but still have a lot of time to turn the corner.