Spare Tickets Anyone?

RFCFletchSAINTS

Eh--------------- and Blu & White's attitude doesn't help..........

Why?

If they want to whinge all day about their wee pal not gettin a ticket whilst a *** does ?????? So ?????

yes, but there is no point rubbing it in. Look, I actually agree with what you are saying, just not the way you say it. :wink:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The true fans were at Ayr and Falkirk (best game of the season by far) and all the rest of you are glory hunters :roll:

Games like Falkirk are what following saints is all about. Go to the game with mates, have a drink before a good laugh at the game and you can pick your seat all sit together and sing (and clap , you had to be there to understand) the team to a great result. To tell the truth I prefer these days to the likes of Hampden which although it was great the singing was all split up

Nick. I know you are upset about this, and Blu & White's attitude doesn't help, but I don't think it is fair to have a go at Saints. There is no way they could have known what the demand would be. We are ALL surprised by this.

Im not having a go. I spoke to a Director on Sunday night who said the board felt if you wanted a ticket you would get on. I thought the same. Its fair to say I think everyone mis judged how quickly the tickets would sell.

All I was saying is I felt this game should be for the fans who deserved it - not fans who become Saints fans because of the Celtic game. Im sure B and W's attitude may have been different if he never got a ticket.

i have been reading some of these post about glorry hunters and i have to agree with some points!

Okay, i have to say, half of our fans at hampden against celtic must take a liking to rangers or even celtic? i didnt mind that, just because they were in our end and singing along with us! And to be honest i wouldnt mind them coming on a regular basic, like to home games and even away games if some do. For the hamilton game, am not saying i ddo not want these glorry hunters there but when i hear that season ticket holders dont get tickets for this very important game and like mr rangers fan on theforum has, that boils my piss! am not saying he isnt alowed to the game because he has the same opertunity as every other saints fan to get tickets for this game! i would put the blame on the club for this, as i felt there should be a season holders should get first crack as these tickets however they might of thought about that and had such little time, they might have decided against it, so all in all - there cudnt of been done much about it

HOWEVER when i hear people saying that there going to the big games like celtic and hampden and they says " i had a season ticket a few years ago"

a few years ago? we were in the spl then eh? oh so is this when we were going through our bad spell?

and now we're doing well, they come back, i say get ****ed to these people!

st. johnstone - family club - friendly club - keep believing!

The true fans were at Ayr and Falkirk (best game of the season by far) and all the rest of you are glory hunters :roll:

Games like Falkirk are what following saints is all about. Go to the game with mates, have a drink before a good laugh at the game and you can pick your seat all sit together and sing (and clap , you had to be there to understand) the team to a great result. To tell the truth I prefer these days to the likes of Hampden which although it was great the singing was all split up

you forgot to mention war meetings in a bowling club before the match

The true fans were at Ayr and Falkirk (best game of the season by far) and all the rest of you are glory hunters

Falkirk was a great day out but was fooking freezing, shouldnae have that problem on saturday, anyone know the forecast out of interest???

Rodgers,

Can you estimate to the nearest one thousand pounds, how much you have spent following our team ? There are a lot of us older lads out here that over the years have spent lot of our money following the team we love but with other commitments we cannot be there every saturday. I remember arguing with my mother in the eighties when i was still at school about attending Berwick Rangers on a Tuesday night, she let me go. I think i attended every game home and away when we were in the third division. Would that now make me a glory hunter if I know flew from Singapore pre weekend to this game ?

Rodgers,

Can you estimate to the nearest one thousand pounds, how much you have spent following our team ? There are a lot of us older lads out here that over the years have spent lot of our money following the team we love but with other commitments we cannot be there every saturday. I remember arguing with my mother in the eighties when i was still at school about attending Berwick Rangers on a Tuesday night, she let me go. I think i attended every game home and away when we were in the third division. Would that now make me a glory hunter if I know flew from Singapore pre weekend to this game ?

NO! i knew someone would say something like this! am not having a go at people who cant attend the games for any reasons because i have my problems getting to some games aswel! its the wee neds that support rangers or celtic and turn up thinking up thinking there a saints fan am having a go at!

am sorry if you took this the wrong way?

Rodgers,

you was a mummys boy back in the 80's she out in slingherore with you.to be fair you got a point though and i got ma ticket

Nick. I know you are upset about this, and Blu & White's attitude doesn't help, but I don't think it is fair to have a go at Saints. There is no way they could have known what the demand would be. We are ALL surprised by this.

I'm not so sure about that. I said on here before the QoS game that I reckoned we'd pretty much sell out if things went our way last weekend, and I'm sure there were others saying similar things. The sell-out might have been considered unlikely, but it was still a possibility - impressive, but not that surprising in my opinion given the number of fans we took to Hampden just 2 weeks ago.

Saints should have recognised that possibility and said that, for Monday only, the sale would be for season ticket holders only, with two tickets allowed per season ticket book. That would have been it - risk of complaint killed, the usual priority arrangements in place, and everyone more or less happy. Can anyone really offer an explanation as to why Saints didn't play things on the safe side and do this? I don't see why the short time-scale would have prevented them from making that arrangement.

It would have been best if regular [ not just Season ticket] supporters got first choice but unfortunately it can't now happen. Hopefully some of the part timers will become full timers in the future.

By the way I know 4 Season Ticket holders who were respectively Celtic/Celtic/Rangers and Aberdeen supporters as youngsters so they can change. My own Dad's job took him all over the country so he supported Aberdeen when he lived there but changed to Saints when he moved here in the sixties. Now 4 of his family are Season ticket holders.

i would put the blame on the club for this, as i felt there should be a season holders should get first crack as these tickets however they might of thought about that and had such little time, they might have decided against it, so all in all - there cudnt of been done much about it

This is no fault of the club they said there was just no time to arrange for this sort of sale. even radford never thought we would sell all the tickets :)

its all the club could do to make sure they shift the tickets as quickly as possible so that people that do not live in perth, like myself and may others, could get their tickets in the post in advance of saturday.

im no a season ticket holder but they should have got first dibs on the monday. main thing saints did wrong was to let folk walk away with bucket loads of tickets.if they had only let folk hae 2 each or even 4 and stuck to it.

pisses me off **** have got tickets and real saintees havnt

Your totally right RM, games like that are the bread and butter for fans, and define what kind of fan you really are!

*** ****!

just because you've come to a 11 saints game you think you can call yourself a saints fan, get ****ed! i know people that havent got tickets for this game and want them who go every week for manay years to watch saints!

too right rodgers.to even pick a user name that starts with rfc shows who he really follows.

Something I've mentioned on here in the past, but I reckon the club should hand out vouchers at the turnstiles every now and again, unpublicised and at the smaller games where you generally only get the core support coming along. That way, people who aren't season ticket holders but still go regularly to games would have a way of getting higher priority than the "general sale" when it comes to the bigger games in which tickets are scarce.

Funny this topic- for around nine seasons I was a season ticket holder at McD, but after setting up my own business I have HAD to miss an awful lot of games this season (including all the big cup games, etc), due to another commitment I'll miss the Hamilton game aswell.

But I will be buying a season ticket for next season, as my work-load is settling. Do you think that I am a Glory Hunter if I buy a season ticket?

I personally don't care if little Rangers Neds buy tickets for the games, I'll take their dosh thank you very much (aslong as they keep their stinkin Old Firm traits at the door)

I can see why people that missed the game might be frustrated and annoyed, but as said surely people could have got tickets on the monday through family, friends, taking a sicky, etc, etc?

Thank you.I am a glory hunting bar steward........................