Team For Next Season

OldPoster

McManus is under contract, McInnes will be offered an extension under the terms of his existing one and I hope that he stays as he's an excellent player in the middle of the park. Not sure about Lawrie, isn't he still under contract?

Gary, none of the targets you mentioned will be at Saints next season. Taylor's been here before and is too injury prone; Higgins isn't better than what we've got and Coyle doesn't rate Templeman, he said so at the sponsor's do on Thursday after someone mentioned the player to him.

Coyle rates Jackson so might get a better chance next season. I have complete faith in the players that Coyle will bring in next season will be good enough for us to provide a better challenge on the league

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nairn Saint
McManus is under contract, McInnes will be offered an extension under the terms of his existing one and I hope that he stays as he's an excellent player in the middle of the park. Not sure about Lawrie, isn't he still under contract?

Gary, none of the targets you mentioned will be at Saints next season. Taylor's been here before and is too injury prone; Higgins isn't better than what we've got and Coyle doesn't rate Templeman, he said so at the sponsor's do on Thursday after someone mentioned the player to him.

Coyle rates Jackson so might get a better chance next season. I have complete faith in the players that Coyle will bring in next season will be good enough for us to provide a better challenge on the league

Watch Mr Coyle isn't selling you a clasic dummy re Templeman! :)

Had we managed to win the league, I think we'd need to make quite a few changes, as we have quite a few players who in my opinion would struggle. As it is, though, I'd like to see as many of the current team kept as possible - so my only definite "outs" would be Lilley, Jancyzk and Halliwell.

"Ins" - possibly a back-up keeper depending on what Cuthbert decides to do, and I'd love to see the club trying to get Morais back onboard for next season. Number 1 target though, assuming Scotland goes and Lilley too, has to be a striker. Personally I think Offiong is a bit rubbish and we should be looking for better than him, but there's no denying that he's scored some nice goals against us.

Had we managed to win the league, I think we'd need to make quite a few changes, as we have quite a few players who in my opinion would struggle. As it is, though, I'd like to see as many of the current team kept as possible - so my only definite "outs" would be Lilley, Jancyzk and Halliwell.

"Ins" - possibly a back-up keeper depending on what Cuthbert decides to do, and I'd love to see the club trying to get Morais back onboard for next season. Number 1 target though, assuming Scotland goes and Lilley too, has to be a striker. Personally I think Offiong is a bit rubbish and we should be looking for better than him, but there's no denying that he's scored some nice goals against us.

Watch this space Colin Samuel will be a sainty!

Still no clearer on Cuthbert's situation where he claimed in an interview a few months ago that he had another year on his contract despite the Official Site reporting he'd only signed for a year last summer. I might e-mail Paul Smith on Monday and ask for clarification. I like Morais but the fact is he hasn't broken into the side really so is it worth really chasing him? Still young though so might improve as he's not played much first team football in his career.

Agree about a striker. I think Peaso and Savo has the makings of an excellent partnership with Savo playing off the shoulder and Peaso creating things but definitely need another option. I don't think we'll change our style too much so need another guy that's going to get in behind defences, not a useless big lump like Lilley. I think Jackson is ready to make more of an impact but need at least one more on top of that. Agree also about Offiong. Goals are spectacular whilst he'd be decent, I'm not as excited about him as some.

Still no clearer on Cuthbert's situation where he claimed in an interview a few months ago that he had another year on his contract despite the Official Site reporting he'd only signed for a year last summer. I might e-mail Paul Smith on Monday and ask for clarification. I like Morais but the fact is he hasn't broken into the side really so is it worth really chasing him? Still young though so might improve as he's not played much first team football in his career.

I think Morais could be a revelation in the First Division if he gets a pre-season under his belt with us. I like the fact that he's got a bit of skill and flair going forward, but also seems to have a good attitude and works hard. he seems to have settled in well - if there was a chance of us signing him, I'd go for it in a second.

Agree about a striker. I think Peaso and Savo has the makings of an excellent partnership with Savo playing off the shoulder and Peaso creating things but definitely need another option. I don't think we'll change our style too much so need another guy that's going to get in behind defences, not a useless big lump like Lilley. I think Jackson is ready to make more of an impact but need at least one more on top of that. Agree also about Offiong. Goals are spectacular whilst he'd be decent, I'm not as excited about him as some.

I agree that Milne and Peaso could potentially work very well together, but sadly we have to bear in mind the fact that both are very injury prone. I'd like to think Peaso's put those problems behind him of course, but sadly there's no guarantee.

The thing, for me, about Lilley is that he's had a pretty impressive career, scoring a lot of goals and going around some fairly big clubs in his time, plus he's not really that old - yet the difference in quality between him and Peaso, who's basically only ever played for Saints and has played most of his football in the 1st Division - is like night and day. That was particularly obvious yesterday when Peaso went off and Lilley came nowhere near him with his contribution. Lilley's been a big disappointment and hasn't been at all like the Derek Lilley I remember rating in the past. Hopefully Jackson will get more of a chance next season, and I'd like to see more of Doris too, but realistically I still can't see either of them playing all that much next season. Coyle will go out and sign one - perhaps even two - new strikers, and they'll both be ahead of the youngsters in the queue. He'd probably also still play Hardie or McLaren up front ahead of either of them.

I hate to say it, but if I was the manager of a middle-lower SPL club at the moment - such as maybe Motherwell, Dundee United or even, dare I say it, Gretna - then Peaso and Hardie would be right at the very top of my wanted list right now. I just hope there aren't going to be too many raids on our squad over the summer.

Filipe was offered a contract. But we don't want to pay Millwall for him so i doubt he will be here next season!! If the gossip is to be believed. ;O)

If that's true then Millwall will just be testing the water. If Club X (no, Player X doesn't play for them!) are prepared to pay £10k for him then they'll take that. If not then he might end up a Saint.

If we can keep everyone (with the exception of Halliwell, Lilley and Jancyk) IMO we would only need three players

-Centre midfielder- Another face in there for when legs start to tire, etc. I feel the likes of Sheerin would benefit from a game off once in a while.

(Gardyne from Celtic has been given rave reviews)

-Right Winger- I'm presuming Morais is off and if so someone on the right side who runs at people would be great.

-Striker- With the assumtion that Scotlands off, we would defo need atleast one striker, maybe two, depending on Coyle's willingness to give Jackson and Doris a chance!

Last week at the players night he said "Millwall want me back but if im not playing by the time the transfer window shuts in august i'll be straight back up"

To be fair he probably tells lots of people lots of different things - hes not exactly been a revelation in his time here, but to be fair to him also he's not exactly had the chance.

If we can keep everyone (with the exception of Halliwell, Lilley and Jancyk) IMO we would only need three players

-Centre midfielder- Another face in there for when legs start to tire, etc. I feel the likes of Sheerin would benefit from a game off once in a while.

-Right Winger- I'm presuming Morais is off and if so someone on the right side who runs at people would be great.

-Striker- With the assumtion that Scotlands off, we would defo need atleast one striker, maybe two, depending on Coyle's willingness to give Jackson and Doris a chance!

I wouldn't mind another defender either. Dave Mackay is out of contract at Livi and would be ideal as he can play anywhere across the back four. OC tried to sign him two years ago but Livi were in the SPL then. I think he'd be a great signing.

Agree with everything else though. We're not miles away, just need a bit more depth.

If that's from a "good source" Victor will be after you!

All that nonsense hype that I fell for based around the triple signing we were going to make on that never to be forgotten midseason monday was the last straw.

I just dont believe anything thats said, especially on here, until the club officially announce it.

I reckon there should a a shout for a little more steel in the middle of the park with Hardie. Gardyne is a good player but potential problems with lower SPL teams wanting him.

Wots the chances of signing Don Cowie fae Ross County. Hard player and pitches in with the goals?!?!

Offiong, Nope! It's another poor shout. Better players than him. Didn't do much on Saturday apart from score a goal he was allowed to set himself up for for 20mins!!

If we are seriously wanting to go up then we need to buy SPL quality not mid 1st Div

More chance of Don Revie unfortunately as he's signed a pre-contract with ICT.

Shitebags!!!

Let me think of another player!!

There was that guy for Clyde who smacked the post in the second half a week or so ago. Couldnae get his name but he seemed quite good going forward. Stevie Masterton I think?

Also, same game, the guy at centre half who was captian me thinks?!?!

Shitebags!!!

Let me think of another player!!

There was that guy for Clyde who smacked the post in the second half a week or so ago. Couldnae get his name but he seemed quite good going forward.

Also, same game, the guy at centre half who was captian me thinks?!?!

Steven Masterton is the midfielder. Decent enough player I agree. Centre-half (although he's only about 5'0") was Michael McGowan. I really like their centre-half McGregor who was in the team of the season but was injured the other week.

I've always liked Craig Bryson from Clyde but heard that a couple of SPL clubs were in for him. One might have been Killie I think.

He's announced he's leaving Clyde and it looks like he's going to Killie. OC tried for him in January but it would have involved a Saints player going in the other direction.

McGregor is a quality shout, him and Rusty in the middle?

Options and possibilities are massive tho, reckon OC knows who he wants and with SS as assistant, should be ok.

What about Kenny "The Doc" Deuchar??

Steven Masterton is the midfielder. Decent enough player I agree. Centre-half (although he's only about 5'0") was Michael McGowan. I really like their centre-half McGregor who was in the team of the season but was injured the other week.

He's announced he's leaving Clyde and it looks like he's going to Killie. OC tried for him in January but it would have involved a Saints player going in the other direction.

Pity we didn't get Bryson when we tried in January as he's always looked good whenever I've seen him. What would be the chances of getting Lawson on loan again? Doubt he'll get much of a game at Celtic.