Levein's Report Card

Northern saint

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Aye Stan Harris doesnt deserve any criticism really.

If Steve Brown and Flaherty had still been here then MacLean wouldve gotten until January and we'd already be relegated.

Should we bring back Macca after the split to save us from relegation again .

The problem as fans is we don't see what is happening in the training sessions, analytics, person to person interactions.  We can only judge by what we see on the pitch.  As the varied thoughts on how players perform, we see things differently as well.  

For me, the question has been our lack of stability in selection yet those out of form retain their places.  We play so narrowly; we gift half the pitch to our opponents.  The negative first halves gift the ascendency to the opposition.  It tells the players the management don't trust them and I believe that hasn't helped the players.  The lack of forward passes, not helped by few showing the endeavour to create space for one.  The tendency to pull back further and further.  

Some say Levein urges them up the park.  Well, if they won't play the way he "wants" (I'm not convinced he wants them up the park) drop them for players who will play up the park.  His substitutions have been poor, ill-timed, and far too often remove any threat to our opponents.  

The negativity is seen by the empty seats, even the lack of engagement on sites like this one.  It's groundhog day, repeatedly.  

Can we do better, yes!  Will we, I hope to be convinced.  If County start to convert even a third of the chances they create we'll be in big trouble.  Will Levein/Kirk actually have a go at three points from the first minute, not the last ten?  

Will Levein allow the new players to have a few games to bed in, gain match fitness and they'll astound us or will it be change and change and change until the end of the season?  

46 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I assume like me he knew what we were in for.

We knew what we were in for each week with Davidson and MacLean, yet it seems he carried on going. After years of sticking by us while we've been terrible, it seems odd to me to decide to stop going when we appoint a new manager.

19 hours ago, Hendo said:

The best thing that can happen to the club is to get out of this structural limbo. Manager and the governance structure are not cutting it. New owners wielding a big broom are needed.

I'm a season ticket holder and i've not attended since he was appointed. I won't be renewing unless there is significant change at the club. That includes the CEO going.

😂 I've seen some wild takes on this Forum in the past, but f*** me this is up there. 

yeah, lets get rid of the CEO, the same CEO who agreed to come out of retirement (whilst still trying to get back to full health following a spell of illness) for no reason other than to help the club he loves. 

Oh, and lets not forget, he is doing so whilst not taking a single penny from the club in the process.   To be honest Hendo, fans like you we could probably do without, so I'd urge you to stay away.  

1 hour ago, Northern saint said:

The problem as fans is we don't see what is happening in the training sessions, analytics, person to person interactions.  We can only judge by what we see on the pitch.  As the varied thoughts on how players perform, we see things differently as well.  

For me, the question has been our lack of stability in selection yet those out of form retain their places.  We play so narrowly; we gift half the pitch to our opponents.  The negative first halves gift the ascendency to the opposition.  It tells the players the management don't trust them and I believe that hasn't helped the players.  The lack of forward passes, not helped by few showing the endeavour to create space for one.  The tendency to pull back further and further.  

Some say Levein urges them up the park.  Well, if they won't play the way he "wants" (I'm not convinced he wants them up the park) drop them for players who will play up the park.  His substitutions have been poor, ill-timed, and far too often remove any threat to our opponents.  

The negativity is seen by the empty seats, even the lack of engagement on sites like this one.  It's groundhog day, repeatedly.  

Can we do better, yes!  Will we, I hope to be convinced.  If County start to convert even a third of the chances they create we'll be in big trouble.  Will Levein/Kirk actually have a go at three points from the first minute, not the last ten?  

Will Levein allow the new players to have a few games to bed in, gain match fitness and they'll astound us or will it be change and change and change until the end of the season?  

Considine said as much in the post match press conference against Hearts that the manager wants them to play a specific way and they’re trying to do it