Summer transfer window 2024


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

If we were to loan out C Smith, Max and Ferguson it would leave us with:

Does anyone really think Max is going to get loaned out? I think Levein sees him as very much part of the first team here.

Not sure what happens next for Connor Smith. I just can't see what he brings or where he fits in. I'm not even really sure what his position is. I struggle to see him being involved in games at all, unless he really does well in pre-season and shows he has something about him that we've not seen yet. Just a really odd signing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Not sure Ali Crawford and Cammy Ballantyne were “lost”.

You know what I mean. Regardless of the quality of our outgoing players, midfield has been a crisis area and nothing has currently changed apart from the fact that we’ve lost a regular starter and two other salaries. 

Edited by The Real Saints
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Does anyone really think Max is going to get loaned out? I think Levein sees him as very much part of the first team here.

Honestly, no. But it would be what's best for him. Unfortunately it seems Levein will use him anyway.

He should have been loaned out at the start of 22/23, instead of barely playing and being sent to Falkirk in January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Not sure what happens next for Connor Smith. I just can't see what he brings or where he fits in. I'm not even really sure what his position is. I struggle to see him being involved in games at all, unless he really does well in pre-season and shows he has something about him that we've not seen yet. Just a really odd signing.

I think they saw him in the 5-2-3 shape, as one of the attacking midfielder/winger players supporting a striker.

We obviously ended up moving away from that pretty quickly so he never really fit and now just seems lost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

You know what I mean. Regardless of the quality of our outgoing players, midfield has been a crisis area and nothing has currently changed apart from the fact that we’ve lost a regular starter and two other salaries. 

Wasn’t a dig at you, just couldn’t let an opportunity pass to slate Crawford…

In all seriousness though, we had too make championship level and league one midfield and it was a bloated area of the squad. 4 or 5 could leave and one good replacement would transform the team from last season - such was the poor quality of the 4 or 5 that existed.

MacPherson, Kucheryavyi, Ferguson, Crawford, Ballantyne, Turner-Cooke, Connor Smith… Seven players that played last season that if they ALL departed tomorrow, replacing them with one good player would satisfy me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Cagey said:

According to transfermarkt Saints are the lowest value sqaud in premiership . That must have been after Mitov left and before Sidobeh is being faught over by every club in the EFL.

All quiet on the signing front, so nothing about to change any time soon. 

Hope our 18 year old Ghanaian is as promising as Yamine Lamal.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, tucker said:

Player budget has been increased 

Webb stated that it wouldn't be increased. Without increased revenue (i.e more fans attending), we could end up in a pickle. Is it wages or transfer fees? We're crap on both. I like Webb focusing on business for income. But it's a tough time with inflation etc. everyone is doing it tough. Be interesting what magic he can create...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

All quiet on the signing front, so nothing about to change any time soon. 

Hope our 18 year old Ghanaian is as promising as Yamine Lamal.

 

 

 

What's this crap about wanting £10m for Sibideh? He's on crack. Swansea probably offered £500k, saints would take £1m . Personally I like him, raw, but is a nuisance to defenders with his pace. He'd just be in the reserves at Swansea 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

All quiet on the signing front, so nothing about to change any time soon. 

Hope our 18 year old Ghanaian is as promising as Yamine Lamal.

 

 

 

Who is/ was Yasmine lamal? Esson could be very important... CL has to decide what position he plays in. It's great that he's versatile, but I reckon he was signed to be a CB. I agree with @blueheaven, about the midfield. We need a Ramsay to boss the midfield. And wingers. Complete restructure form defense to midfield 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Press conference today he said that the playing budget has been increased over last season 

Well he's telling porkies, or not showing his hand... In the impressive interview with him, he stated that there would be no change to budget. But we all know we have to compete with Motherwell, even Ross County. We get baralled over wages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Well he's telling porkies, or not showing his hand... In the impressive interview with him, he stated that there would be no change to budget. But we all know we have to compete with Motherwell, even Ross County. We get baralled over wages.

He’s literally said the budget has increased from last season! Maybe by £1 but it’s still increased. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Webb stated that it wouldn't be increased. Without increased revenue (i.e more fans attending), we could end up in a pickle. Is it wages or transfer fees? We're crap on both. I like Webb focusing on business for income. But it's a tough time with inflation etc. everyone is doing it tough. Be interesting what magic he can create...

The Perth club are in no mood to sell their international centre-forward. https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/5036396/adam-webb-st-johnstone-transfer-budget-adama-sidibeh/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

What's this crap about wanting £10m for Sibideh? He's on crack. Swansea probably offered £500k, saints would take £1m . Personally I like him, raw, but is a nuisance to defenders with his pace. He'd just be in the reserves at Swansea 

Think that’s quite an unfair assessment. What would you identify as “raw” about him? A nuisance suggests he’s a bit of a Tade type where his unpredictability is borne out of lack of football intelligence rather than talent - I disagree!

I also think after a weeks training at Swansea they’d see they have the real deal on their hands and he’d be more than a reserve players!

Really don’t get the talking down of Sidibeh.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

What's this crap about wanting £10m for Sibideh? He's on crack. Swansea probably offered £500k, saints would take £1m . Personally I like him, raw, but is a nuisance to defenders with his pace. He'd just be in the reserves at Swansea 

When the news broke about the Swansea bid someone on Twitter with a name very close to the official twitter account replied jokingly that we wouldn't let him go for less than 10m and an agent/journalist thought it was real and posted a story 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Think that’s quite an unfair assessment. What would you identify as “raw” about him? A nuisance suggests he’s a bit of a Tade type where his unpredictability is borne out of lack of football intelligence rather than talent - I disagree!

I also think after a weeks training at Swansea they’d see they have the real deal on their hands and he’d be more than a reserve players!

Really don’t get the talking down of Sidibeh.

If they are talking more that £250 plus appearances, I think they would loan him out to League one club or work with him and then loan him out to a different club in Scottish Prem for his development. I think they would want to keep him in the box poaching rather than running for every ball because he is the only one fit enough and with the mentality to do so. He gets less goals for us really because he has to do more. In a better team he would score much more goals. At the end of the day if their project doesn’t go to plan (first team regular at Swansea) they would still get a good resale value because he would have been proven at league one level and be very sharp. 
it might all be bullshit though to get his wages up by his agent. He would certainly be worth an improved deal whatever he was on last year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share