Stirling and Dunf

Who Are You?

The Pars are going to be tough opponents for our promotion charge next season!

You think the amount of cost cutting will cripple them, then there is europe small squad fixture pile up, brilliant best result saints could have hoped for, plus thinkof the crowds we'll take there and to Stirling.

They (Dunfermline) will be widely touted as favourites to coast the division but so were we, Dundee, Livi, Partick, and so the list could go on.

You think the amount of cost cutting will cripple them, then there is europe small squad fixture pile up, brilliant best result saints could have hoped for, plus thinkof the crowds we'll take there and to Stirling.

They (Dunfermline) will be widely touted as favourites to coast the division but so were we, Dundee, Livi, Partick, and so the list could go on.

I don't think that they will be in Europe long. They may well however use their Manager's knowledge to pick up some decent Irish players though. Look what Derry did to Gretna and others last year in Europe.

Better place to visit than Airdrie etc so should be a good atmosphere.

Stirling and Dunfermline were the two sides I wanted to come in for next season - both should be really good away days, so delighted with that.

Looking at the teams in the league next season, I reckon it'll be another one where everyone takes points off each other and there will be very little difference between the teams. That means that, if one side - hopefully us! - gets a run of results together, it might not take very long for a gap to open up at the top of the league. Promotion's definitely there for the taking next season... then again, I thought that this time last year too!

Gutted Airdrie are down to be honest. Even although we don't get the results at NB (though that could have changed now the hoo-doo was broken!) i loved our days out down there.

Congratulations to Stirling though - they've worked hard to get here but will be in for a shock i'm sure.

Not sure on Dunfermline - fixture pile up granted but as far as squad goes i think they will retain the majority for one year so could have one push at going straight back up before they lose what they've got.

No airdrie, St. Mirren, or Ross County to go to next year 3 bogey grounds out the way.

Great day for Saints and the fans another 4 big away days.

Can't argue with the Airdrie or Ross County but when did Love St become a bogey ground ?I've always looked on it as Lucky St. Only seen us lose there about 4 times in years going there in competitive games. Seen our biggest SPL away win ( 1 - 5 ) there, including a Vinnie Arkins hat trick. Would have much rather they came down. Apart from the climb up to the Eiger stand !

I super glad we have got them!

I cannot see Stirling being any problem for us but Dunfermline is another thing. I reckon a couple wins and a draw and defeat would be good. Hope we don't replicate the results v Livvy against Dunfermline!

NO MORE BOGEY GROUNDS!! LESS TRAVEL FOR A VICTORY!!

ST JOHNSTONE FC FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS 2007/08??