Edinburgh Saints Get Together

Tractor Boy

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there last time, thought i could get away with buying one croissant and 3 drinks... nope... got 3 croissants

Sacre Bleu - no drinks. Shame on you.

It was an upmarket boozer at 0930hrs that day because it was full of Saints fans - mostly from Auld Reekie!!

• 2 weeks later...
Any word on an Edinburgh bus for the semi final? I'd be interested in heading through for it if there was one being booked (plus 2 or 3 others).

We were talking about just getting the train and having a right good bevvy. You should still head through with us though. Thinking about 11 o'clcok or something as pubs wont open till 12 cos it's a sunday. Would be good if we could get a whole squad together like the Challenge Cup Final.

We were talking about just getting the train and having a right good bevvy. You should still head through with us though. Thinking about 11 o'clcok or something as pubs wont open till 12 cos it's a sunday. Would be good if we could get a whole squad together like the Challenge Cup Final.

Even though it's a Sunday, does the Iron Horse not open earlier than that?

I'll probably be at my girlfriend's in Paisley the night before the game, so will be getting the train into Glasgow from there. Definitely up for some beers before though, so let me know where you're going and I'll meet you there. Will be getting the train back through to Edinburgh after though.

I'm going from Edinburgh too, would like to go through and get a couple of beers - would rather be part of a group than on my tod, so hopefully I can join the rest of these embra saints?

Pretty sure it'll be a dry train though - usually is when there's football on.

I'm going from Edinburgh too, would like to go through and get a couple of beers - would rather be part of a group than on my tod, so hopefully I can join the rest of these embra saints?

Pretty sure it'll be a dry train though - usually is when there's football on.

Think it's only direct trains from Perth that will be dry.. .here's hoping anyway !

Right folks, reckon the deal is this....11 a.m train to Glasgow, so we should endeavour to meet up in Waverley around 10.30, that way we can hopefully get cheap group tickets sorted out, and also ascertain if it's a dry train or no! (It wasn't for the semi last year but we did leave at 8 o'clock).

Get into Glasgow just before 12 and probably head for what used to be Buddha in Shawlands..that way the travelling is done and we can concentrate on the important stuff. (Its only about 10 mins walk to Hampden).

I've heard rumours that some of our number may be bringing bottles of coke laced with rum in case the train is dry... I could never condone such behaviour.

Get involved y'all - gonna be a belter.

Right folks, reckon the deal is this....11 a.m train to Glasgow, so we should endeavour to meet up in Waverley around 10.30, that way we can hopefully get cheap group tickets sorted out, and also ascertain if it's a dry train or no! (It wasn't for the semi last year but we did leave at 8 o'clock).

Get into Glasgow just before 12 and probably head for what used to be Buddha in Shawlands..that way the travelling is done and we can concentrate on the important stuff. (Its only about 10 mins walk to Hampden).

I've heard rumours that some of our number may be bringing bottles of coke laced with rum in case the train is dry... I could never condone such behaviour.

Perfect, I've got to take the wee one to Livingston to my Mums on Sunday morning so the 4 of us can get the 9.54 train to town, arriving at 10.24! Lets say outside Coopers in the station for 10.30 with bottles of "juice" in hand:p

How many of us are getting this train thru out of interest? Theres me +3

Oh Lordy! I feel a big day out is in the offing. :P

Excellent idea SO'L.

Think I will be by myself on this train through (family work commitments) so it will be great if there are plenty other Saints fans to mix with!

P.S. Will prob be heading from Dunfermline/Inverkeithing on the train. Would I be best meeting up @ 10.30 and getting a Glasgow ticket then rather than paying all at once??

O.K. El Presidenty. See you at Waverley

P.S. Will prob be heading from Dunfermline/Inverkeithing on the train. Would I be best meeting up @ 10.30 and getting a Glasgow ticket then rather than paying all at once??

Should be cheaper buying the glasgow ticket in group of 4. Usually get it 4 for the price of 2 so just wait till waverley mate.

Looks like there will be a fair squad on SUn. Totally mad for it.