Raith Rovers vs. Saints 14/08/07

So, we face Raith Rovers in the Irn Bru Challenge Cup on Tuesday night.

Anyone else thinking that they won't go?

1. It's the Challenge Cup.

2. There's a high chance of yet another poor performance.

3. There's a high chance that we will lose.

It all adds up to tell me that I would be stupid to go to Kirkcaldy on Tuesday night!

Anyway, what sort of side are we expecting to field next week, and what are your predictions for the final result? :(

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we face Raith Rovers in the Irn Bru Challenge Cup on Tuesday night.

Anyone else thinking that they won't go?

1. It's the Challenge Cup.

2. There's a high chance of yet another poor performance.

3. There's a high chance that we will lose.

It all adds up to tell me that I would be stupid to go to Kirkcaldy on Tuesday night!

Anyway, what sort of side are we expecting to field next week, and what are your predictions for the final result? :(

We will probably be daft enough to win 6-0!

Ah tranmere you have scared him into going.

sorry I can't understand why someone would start a thread like this then after half a dozen resposes say yeah well I've thought again and am going to go.

No, I was intending this thread to be a preview for the Raith Rovers match. I never said in my original post that I definitely wasn't going. I said I was THINKING about not going. Anyway, that was just meant to be a side-topic. I wanted the main topic of conversation to be about the match on Tuesday.

Trust me, nobody's posts would influence my opinion. I have decided to go entirely of my own accord. Sorry if you misunderstood my post, mate.

Guest Nairn Saint

Cuthbert,

Lawrie, Anderson, McManus, Dyer,

McCLuskey, Moon, McInnes, Stanic,

Jackson and Stewart

Rest a few, give some youngsters a start and wake up the under performers!

Cuthbert,

Lawrie, Anderson, McManus, Dyer,

McCLuskey, Moon, McInnes, Stanic,

Jackson and Stewart

Rest a few, give some youngsters a start and wake up the under performers!

I wouldn't differ too much from that but would get Weatherston more games to build up his understanding with some of the others, with McCluskey on the left. We did that a few times pre-season and they often swapped sides, on OC's instruction. It worked well. Would play Sheerin instead of McInnes as well and Daal to start instead of Jacko as both Stewart and Daal desperately need a goal. Jacko can get a good 30 mins but isn't low on confidence like the other two seem to be.

I fully expect us to get beaten but it's a price worth paying if we get some confidence and fluidity back in the side.

I think we have to field our prefered side for Saturday in the hopr that they can get it right. If they under perform again then maybe its about time to drop a couple of the worst culprits to the bench. It s about time one or two of them had a right good Kick up the arse as they are obviously under perfoming and being dropped would maybe be the wake up call they need. Prime cadidate for me would be Mckinnes.

Right, actually quite looking forward to this game now. Anger because of the first two performances (and worries about how I'm going to get to the game in the first place) were the sole causes of my doubts to go to this match, however I've seen sense. I don't miss many away games in a hurry, unless transport is a problem which it is this week, as my mum and dad are both away.

Anyway, I agree that we should give some underperforming and fringe players a shot to prove their worth. I can't see us winning, but let's 'keep the faith'. It could prove to be a good workout for some fringe or underperforming players, and younger lads, despite the final result. Obviously a win would be great though.

I need to sort out transport to and from the game now. Was thinking of going on the 208 bus again, but all my mates who usually come with me to games, are on holiday. I'll work it out somehow, though. ;)

MON THE SAINTS! :D

I wouldn't differ too much from that but would get Weatherston more games to build up his understanding with some of the others, with McCluskey on the left. We did that a few times pre-season and they often swapped sides, on OC's instruction. It worked well. Would play Sheerin instead of McInnes as well and Daal to start instead of Jacko as both Stewart and Daal desperately need a goal. Jacko can get a good 30 mins but isn't low on confidence like the other two seem to be.

I fully expect us to get beaten but it's a price worth paying if we get some confidence and fluidity back in the side.

I think we need to have a solid backbone through our team for this game, But I agree we need to have Daal & Stewie up front to get their confidence up, I think OC should consider going 3 up front as Big Marv is'nt the best on the deck & does it matter if we get dirty goals as long as we win.

Although ive missed both games so far this season, I want to see a full strength team out for this one. I know its a diddy cup but its still a cup we've never won and we cant hold our nose upto anything. Id go with Peaso and Daal upfront and just hope we can hold it together at the back. Ill defo be at this game so canne wait now.

Raith were quiite strict with the ages too last time we were down two years ago too...i bet i will get made to pay full price! :(

Think we'll see a few changes to the starting line up with Anderson coming in at the expense of McManus or possibly Andy Lawrie if he is to be a short term solution for 90 minutes to keep Dundee's left hand side quiet. McCluskey should be given the chance to go for it and let rip - he impressed when he came on, and whilst i appreciate it that players were tiring when he came on he gave a taste of what he could do.

As for up front who knows who will play - there was no communication between Daal and MacDonald on Saturday. There were 2 or 3 moves that Peaso was shouting for the ball and in a better position, and more likely to score than Daal but i don't think he heard him or is just desperate to get his first goal in the bag.

What was James out with on Saturday? Return for him on Tuesday maybe - i don't know how Ruti would get on with playing 2 games in a few days.

Interesting to see Coyle acknowledge the defensive problems and say he's actively pursuing players just now...

Early team news from Soccer365:

Coyle welcomes back Steven Anderson from a two-match suspension and Kevin James, who missed the 2-2 draw with Stirling at the weekend through injury, also has a chance of making the game.

But Willie McLaren is out for a couple of weeks along with long-term casualty Steven Milne still out of contention.

Defender Kevin Rutkiewicz, who made his first appearance after a year out through injury, looks set to continue at the back.

Two draws have left Coyle less than happy and he may attempt to bring fresh faces to the club before the game.