Derek McInnes = David Hannah

Carse of Gowrie Saint

Bit harsh everyones allowed a bad game. Can't critise McIness for his commitment.

It's sometime the application is gash.

That's what annoys me about McInnes, he tries to give the impression that he is a hard tackling midfield player who controls that area but in reality he never gets near anyone to make a tackle.

In possession he continues to give the ball away and at the same time blames his team mates for making the wrong runs.

That's what annoys me about McInnes, he tries to give the impression that he is a hard tackling midfield player who controls that area but in reality he never gets near anyone to make a tackle.

In possession he continues to give the ball away and at the same time blames his team mates for making the wrong runs.

Yet again we have a player who will get criticised if he coughs the wrong way. riley and Hannah were another 2 of the moaners targets in years gone by.

McKinnes was allegedly crap last week.( I wasn,t there so am going on what I,ve read on here). Well I saw him first hand today and IMO he was lazy,short on ideas, skill and creativity......If it wasn,t for Lawrie and McManus he would have been the worst saintee on the park.Needs to shape up quickly or I,ll be ordering his taxi. All is not lost for him yet but it will be soon................

Is that the same David Hannah who was voted Player of the Year by this forum when he was here?

the treatment of david hannah from some sections of our support was completely unjust imo. to go from our best player one year to a target for the boo boys the first month of the next year was astonishing tbh.

the treatment of david hannah from some sections of our support was completely unjust imo. to go from our best player one year to a target for the boo boys the first month of the next year was astonishing tbh.

Exactly. Hannah was just one of many Saints players from down the years who used to get moaned at regardless of how well or how badly he played. As I remember it Hannah even came back in and did a good job for us on a few occasions even after having been told by Coyle that he was effectively frozen out and had no future here.

To be fair he was not great today, but I can understand is frustration at times, he was looking to play passes but not one of the people on the pitch looked like they wanted to run let alone offer themselves as a decent attacking option. That said I think him and Sheeran could well be a season too far certainly if we are up against a team with a midfield that is fast and gets in about you, if we are up against a team tht give them space and time they will do ok

Guest Nairn Saint

I will say one good thing about McInnes...............just give me a minute ................nah, sorry can't think of anything!

I said when we signed him that I hoped he would prove me wrong but he is clearly a liability.

I will say one good thing about McInnes...............just give me a minute ................nah, sorry can't think of anything!

I said when we signed him that I hoped he would prove me wrong but he is clearly a liability.

He was superb in the big games last season and his introduction saw Hardie flourish. He's not playing well at the moment but don't all of a sudden claim he's been pish during his spell here when that patently isn't the case.

Had my doubts after his debut game but in the big games he has been very strong. Vulnerable to slips in form undoubteldy but was at WBA and Stockport he was a cult player and cannot simply be useless, that's not credible.

Likewise but it was his first game for a good while. Those three games at the end of January, he was superb for though, absolutely outstanding, especially the job he did on Scott Brown in the semi-final.

I was gutted at the thought he might go to Clyde, not only because we'd lose him but because he'd be playing against us.

He's off form at the moment and the problem more than his own performances is we don't have an experienced replacement. OC might have moved for MacFarlane of Queens but couldn't do much until he knew what Simon was doing.

Is that the same David Hannah who was voted Player of the Year by this forum when he was here?

David Hannah conned the fans when he was here. he would charge about shaking his fist, puffing his chest out, screaming abuse (not encouragement) at teammates. If ever did make a tackle he was 5 minutes late and gave away a foul.

Watch McInness closely in the next game.

David Hannah conned the fans when he was here. he would charge about shaking his fist, puffing his chest out, screaming abuse (not encouragement) at teammates. If ever did make a tackle he was 5 minutes late and gave away a foul.

Watch McInness closely in the next game.

I could not disagree more. The Davester was one of the few successes of the Connolly era. He got stuck in, lead the team, and was at the heart of the great run we had at around Christmas time.

As for McInnes - I wasn't delighted about signing him because I never rated him when I saw him with any of his other clubs, and I thought he was really poor when he first arrived. He's certainly not the player Darren Sheridan was. However, once he'd settled in for us he was fantastic last season - I don't think we'd have come so close to Gretna in the end, had it not been for his contribution. I haven't seen him yet this season though, so can't comment on that.

Can't think of a player who more divided the opinion of Saints fans than Davie Hannah. Half of us loved him, the others thought he was diabolical. Have been dissapointed with McInnes so far this season, but he is still yet to play as badly as he did on his debut against Ayr (that day he made Reilly look good) don't see any reason to panic, certainly the last think McInnes needs is everyone getting on his back!