Steven Wallace of Perth

The Kaiser

Shock , horror, someone dares to question the God Owen...the guy should be publicly flogged or carted off to Murray Royal straight away.

Its about time people realised OC is not the saviour they think he is and I for one wouldnt have lost too much sleep if he had moved on to another club.

It may be 4 games into this season but its also over 2 full seasons into his stewardship. We should have made a couple of signings this summer to build on the reasonably successful season we just had and hit the ground running looking to lead the way for promotion. We havent. A number of his new signings are struggling and its almost as if we are starting over again.

Performances are terrible, tactics are critisised and we havent won a game yet despite having a fairly comfortable start. Many critisisms made throughtout last year that were masked by the cup run and Gretnas collapse have reappeared showing that underneath the hype, Owen is still making the same mistakes and doesnt appear to be learning from them.

Its interesting that a few years ago Falkirk appointed OC and Yogi as joint managers. Everyone thought it a joke when Yogi got the job on his own and OC moved on. Wonder why? One look at the league table would suggest they knew what they were doing.

I certainly wouldnt have tainted myself by calling the Daily Retard but otherwise I would cut Mr Wallace a great deal of slack and suggest some of the 'fannys' on here took their blue tinted specs off and got real.

Its interesting that a few years ago Falkirk appointed OC and Yogi as joint managers. Everyone thought it a joke when Yogi got the job on his own and OC moved on. Wonder why? One look at the league table would suggest they knew what they were doing.

Coyle refused the offer from Falkirk to go and work with McCall at Dundee United.

I certainly wouldnt have tainted myself by calling the Daily Retard but otherwise I would cut Mr Wallace a great deal of slack and suggest some of the 'fannys' on here took their blue tinted specs off and got real.[/quote

It is strange when the minority call the majority "fannies"! even worse when some of the justification for making this statement is shown to be untrue. But given that that we ae all fannies does that make you an A*SE!!!!

I actually agree with a lot of what 7-2 has said - there do appear to be a lot of people on here who revere OC as some sort of God, despite the fact that he hasn't actually done that great a job. I continue to have my doubts about him as a manager. At the same time, though, I'm certainly not backing calls for his head. I'm right behind him and think it's a good thing that the club, and most of the fans, seem happy to give him time.

That said, this can't go on forever. I've always maintained that a good manager should be able to get this club out of this division in two seasons. Coyle hasn't managed that but I backed him beyond that period because we've appeared to be building something and ended up coming so close to going up last season. But 7-2 makes a good point, I think, that we now appear to be almost starting again, and for me that won't do. By this point we should pretty much have our settled team in place and we should be really going for it this season. Instead, at the moment it looks like we've gone backwards again. OC might end up fixing that before the end of the season, but if it takes much longer we'll end up playing catch-up again. We can't just give him every season to start poorly and then build up good will by coming close. We need to be starting seasons well so that we can actually win the title - second place means nothing.

That is the thing we have had a lot more than 3 or 4 on target in all of our league games. Radford put the figures up for a couple of matches and we were well into double figures for shots on target.

I wasn't talking bout league games. I can't remember more than 3 or 4 v Partick midweek. We were poor.

Have to agree ,we have not started a season well under OC. This season is the same,just look at todays results Hamilton beat Thistle 3-0 & Dundee beat clyde 3-1 & look what we did against them.

Defeat from Dunfermline tomorrow & there will be more than Steven Wallace calling for his head & we will be talking about relegation fight & not promotion.

Coyle refused the offer from Falkirk to go and work with McCall at Dundee United.

There are offers and there are offers Radders. Looks like they made him one he could refuse. Do you know much about what it consisted of?

But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant, 7-2.

Exactly which facts did I quote that you are referring to Sam?

It is strange when the minority call the majority "fannies"! even worse when some of the justification for making this statement is shown to be untrue. But given that that we ae all fannies does that make you an A*SE!!!!

Perhaps if you put your Celtic View down for a while and actually read properly what I wrote you will see that I said 'some of the 'fannys' on here'. I didnt say everyone else was, but obviously in your case Im more than willing to make an exception.

You also state that 'some of justification for making this statement is shown to be untrue' Which?

I actually agree with a lot of what 7-2 has said
Thank you for risking life and limb to show there are some other free thinkers on here!

Defeat from Dunfermline tomorrow & there will be more than Steven Wallace calling for his head & we will be talking about relegation fight & not promotion.

Have to agree. OC's possibly enjoyed the world's longest "honeymoon period", but if we don't get a result tomorrow then I think that there could be quite a few fans who start to turn on him. I can only hope that doesn't happen - Dunfermline aren't exactly having a dream start to the season themselves, so surely something's got to give for one of the two sides??? Then again, it could just be yet another draw.:wink:

Have to agree. OC's possibly enjoyed the world's longest "honeymoon period"

I think he's enjoyed the world's longest "honeymoon period in the "modern game".

Willie Ormand had three seasons around the bottom six of the old 1st division (technically where we are now). Jim MacLean all through the 70's was mid table with United and then all of a sudden in the late 70's one of the best provincial sides in the world appeared lopcated in Tayside. Clubs like them and us and many others are great clubs for starting young player's careers (McCoist, Alex Ferguson) and for some to develop their skills as managers (Bobby Brown, Willie Ormond, Alex Totten and Paul Sturrock). I think we did have a couple of managers, one in the mid 70's and the other in the mid 80's who over stayed their welcome, but in general I think manmagers should get time to develop their squads and own talents at Saints.

I don't think Owen Coyle is God, however I think a lot of the critcism is way over the top and lot of it ill-thought through. I find it funny when folk say that we were crap except for the good runs... you could just as easily say we were good except for the crap runs... we have a young manager who is going to make mistakes and will have difficult moments, but I think until such times as we see a team going out which a) isn't trying or B) looks totally disillusioned (rather than just poor), then it's doing nobody favours to change the manager yet again.

Owen Coyle's tenure so far has brought our first real excitement since we got to Europe, he's brought in some cracking players, who of thought Saints fans would have had a real interest in a World Cup when Scotland were not there?

It's not the stuff of legends, but it's not as bad as some are making out!

One other thing, if you have an opinion that is different from the majority, the majority are just as permitted to put their case forward surely?!? You shouldn't see it as you being shot down in flames... just a different view.

The same place as the other figures taht he comes up with.

Sportbox.tv

I wasn't talking bout league games. I can't remember more than 3 or 4 v Partick midweek. We were poor.

Stats from Tuesday were:

Goal Attempts

Partick Thistle 15

St Johnstone 8

On Target

Partick Thistle 4

St Johnstone 2

Hit Woodwork

Partick Thistle 2

St Johnstone 0

Corners

Partick Thistle 5

St Johnstone 5

Looking at the games this season:

Goal Attempts (On Target)

Queen of the South 7 (4)

St Johnstone 18 (11)

St Johnstone 14 (10)

Stirling Albion 5 (4)

St Johnstone 10 (4)

Dundee 4 (2)

Clyde 11 (5)

St Johnstone 9 (4)

Partick Thistle 15 (4)

St Johhstone 8 (2)

Sportbox.tv

Stats from Tuesday were:

Goal Attempts

Partick Thistle 15

St Johnstone 8

On Target

Partick Thistle 4

St Johnstone 2

Hit Woodwork

Partick Thistle 2

St Johnstone 0

Corners

Partick Thistle 5

St Johnstone 5

Looking at the games this season:

Queen of the South 7 (4)

St Johnstone 18 (11)

St Johnstone 14 (10)

Stirling Albion 5 (4)

St Johnstone 10 (4)

Dundee 4 (2)

Clyde 11 (5)

St Johnstone 9 (4)

Partick Thistle 15 (4)

St Johhstone 8 (2)

Looks simple. Convert most chances. Drop a point to Thistle. We win league. Off to Dunfermline. C'mom Saints

The simple fact is that we have started poorly, but now is not the time to be championing for Coyle to go. It could, i hope beyond hope, just be a tame start and we will start our enclimb soon.

However, if come the end of the first quarter we are still struggling and averaging less than a point a game then i am sure there will be a fair proportion of the support calling for his head.

That is the thing we have had a lot more than 3 or 4 on target in all of our league games.

v Dundee 4

v Clyde 4

even worse when some of the justification for making this statement is shown to be untrue. But given that that we ae all fannies does that make you an A*SE!!!!

It is not me that is the A*SE. Hail Hail.

t***.