Ross County vs. Saints 05/09/07

Radford 72

Does anyone care about the Challenge Cup?

Wednesday presents the perfect opportunity for Owen Coyle to offer the guys that have been waiting in reserve the chance to prove their credentials. Ross County away will be as hard as several games in the First Division so if guys like Jackson, Moon and McCluksey can compete on Wednesday, then he should have no reservations about throwing them into league action.

The other alternative is he sticks his preferred options out again and tries to let them play themselves into some form but can anyone really say they'd prefer to see that than guys like Moon and McCluskey get a chance on Wednesday?

Quinn and Deuchar probably need to play to get them integrated and he may as well try Quinn in the centre of the park. He's a right-sided midfielder by trade but we need to find a central player from somewhere.

Rutkiewicz could probably do with another game and surely Cuthbert has to be given a game at some stage. McManus can be rested after finding some form again and I'd leave Hardie and McInnes out. Maybe need to keep Sheerin in for some experience in the middle of the park.

Up front, any one from Weatherston, Jackson or MacDonald to partner Deuchar.

Pretty experimental but:

Cuthbert

Irvine - Rutkiewicz - Anderson - Dyer

McCluskey/Weatherston - Quinn - Moon - Sheerin

Deuchar - Weatherston/MacDonald/Jackson

Wouldn't be averse to seeing Dyron Daal on the bench to maybe get another chance, he's not been afforded as many as several other players.

I fear though with the poor league form, Coyle may see this competition as a chance to regain some credibility, both for the club and for his own CV and he won't be prepared to take the risk involved in putting a side like that out.

I love my midweek trips to Dingwall though, even if McInnes and Stewart do start!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to be there - can't make it from Embra to Dingwall in time.

Which makes me wonder why given the massive number of internationalists in the Saints and County sides, they didn't just play the game on Saturday and at least get a decent crowd?

You side looks fine Radford but where is McInnes - surely we can't leave out such a hidden talent after all he brings to the side?

Which makes me wonder why given the massive number of internationalists in the Saints and County sides, they didn't just play the game on Saturday and at least get a decent crowd?

..should be moved to Murrayfield with Paul Sheerin's conversions we could hammer them..

Absolute no goer arranging games when Scotland play one of their most important international matches for a long time.

Perth and Dingwall have fantastic Scotland supports and I can assure you there would be more there on Wed than on Saturday when Scotland are playing a very very important match.

Ridiculous that anyone should suggest that supporters should choose between club and country.

You should get a seat on an SFA committee with suggestions like that. LAUGH OUT LOUD

Absolute no goer arranging games when Scotland play one of their most important international matches for a long time.

Perth and Dingwall have fantastic Scotland supports and I can assure you there would be more there on Wed than on Saturday when Scotland are playing a very very important match.

Ridiculous that anyone should suggest that supporters should choose between club and country.

You should get a seat on an SFA committee with suggestions like that. LAUGH OUT LOUD

Wouldn't an easy compromise have been for the Saints game to be played on the Sunday then? That way the two don't clash. Like many, I can't go to Wednesday's game because I'd never make it there in time because of when I finish work. I see that as a bigger obstacle than the Scotland game.

Indeed. I'd also choose the Saints game. I can't go on Wednesday because both myself and my dad are working the next day and it'd be late enough getting back nevermind with the potential of extra time and penalties AGAIN.

You could always use the 208 bus with Beve & co and sleep on the way back down!! :D

Beve - can I get a free seat for all this business Winnie & I have tried putting your way?:roll:

Agree that I'd like to see Daal on the bench. Think it's a bit unfair that he's been left out the squad for the last few games, although maybe he's been pish in training or something.

He's not just been pish in training, as our first few games would attest to. Wouldn't disagree with punting Stewart up to the stand though...

We have to look upon this game as a chance to use some of the guys who aren't playing, and give them the opportunity to stake a first team game. As far as the cup is concerned, I am not bothered, but we need to use the game as a step towards improving our league form.

As with Radford, I would go with :-

--------------------Cuthbert--------------------

Irvine----------Ruit----------Ando----------Dyer

Wetherston-----Moon-------Quinn------McLuskey

--------------Jackson-----------Deuchar--------

Subs :- Main, McManus, Sheerin, Daal, Hardie

It is about time that we let Moon start in the centre of midfield and give him the chance to replace McInnes, as well as give Jackson a chance to form some sort of partnership with one of our strikers.

I shall be there, though it is certainly a little bit of a "question yer ane sanity" affair after the last few performances.

We aint ever been that good at Dingwall, but hopefully with the team that finished on Sunday starting, with the possible exception of someone coming in for Ando, we can have a go from the outset.

Not overly confident and think it may again take ET and possibly penalties. Whatever way, i want a win, cause i need to see Saints lift, a marginally, better cup than The Forfarshire Cup. At least if we do win the CC we will get a chance to defend it next year.

He's not just been pish in training, as our first few games would attest to. Wouldn't disagree with punting Stewart up to the stand though...

Aye you're right, but I don't think he's been any worse than Stewart, who might have got a goal but that's still 1 in 7 I think. Like folk are saying though, I'd rather see Jacko start ahead of either of them, and can't see why Peaso isn't starting, unless he's still got a bit of a knock.

Edit: How dare you question the proud and historic insitiution that is the Forfarshire Cup! Im pretty sure Nick Dasovich said it's what atracted him to Scotland; and Simao apparently used to fly back from Japan just to watch it.

We have all forgotten Rocco Quinn isn't available as he jets out with the U21s to Finland today.

Coyle says he's likely to rest Rutkiewicz, Hardie and Stanic as well and that Cuthbert and Jackson have come into his thoughts for a start, the latter alongside Deuchar. Cuthbert has been outstanding in training supposedly.

He also explained that Willie Dyer wasn't fit enough to start on Sunday, hence the reason he went with Anderson. Hopefully once the sectional reserve games start, that won't be a problem.

Well, in that case, I would ammend my line up to go with :-

--------------------Cuthbert--------------------

Irvine---------McManus---------Ando---------Dyer

Wetherston-----Moon-------Sheerin------McLuskey

--------------Jackson-----------Deuchar--------

Subs :- Main, Lawrie, McInnes, Daal, Peaso

McInnes is only on the bench, due to lack of cover in the midfield now, as Quinn is unavailable, and I take resting Hardie to mean leaving him out completely.

I take it McLaren is still out injured ? If not, I would like to see him on the bench, maybe in place of McInnes, and given some game time too.

I would go.

Main

Irvine ruti/ando mcmanus dyer

rocco hardie sheerin mcluskey

deuchar jacko

subs: cuthbert,wetherston,peaso,moon,lawrie

At the end of the day this is a diddy cup and i dont think too many would be distressed at loosing by playing a few youth players and dropping the likes of stewart,daal and mciness. I would be tempted to put moon in the starting line-up as well. I would start with dyer as a natural left back as stanic dosent seem fit.