The obligatory 'What Music Are You Listening To?' Thread

TheBigCheese

Ben Lee is cracking and his bird is even better!

castjuliet.jpg

Its all over for those two, apparently she was doing extra acting lessons with her main actor in the last movie she made, so he is now on the prowl so to speak.

Oh to be young, single and very rich, there would not be enough hours in the day for me :lol:

Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan - Ballad of the Broken Seas - by far the best thing she's done since leaving B&S, Bluesy Americana with a bit of her chanteuse stylings over the top.

Architecture in Helsinki - In Case We Die - kind of like a cross between B&S, The Arcade Fire and Do Me Bad Things.

David Jack - Iron Out San Francisco - Edinburgh based downtempo hip-hop bloke (used to be in Magicdrive!)

Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan - Ballad of the Broken Seas - by far the best thing she's done since leaving B&S, Bluesy Americana with a bit of her chanteuse stylings over the top.

Fantastic album, only got it because I really love that 20 Woodbines and bottle of Jack voice of Mark Lanegan, especially his last album Bubblegum, on which he does a couple of duets with Pj Harvey

Album-wise, I have been listening to the new Strokes album (patchy) and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (brilliant).

The new Strokes album is not very impressive IMO. Went to the Corn Exchange gig last Friday and they played very little new stuff (maybe 5 songs at most), but near enough the whole of Room on Fire - says a lot about the new album.

From the couple of tracks I have heard, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah are definitely one of the next musical purchases.