if we don't go up?

MUZZ

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if we don't win the league this year Owen Coyle should be sacked.

We didn't win the league last year either, came close but to lose to Gretna is poor as they completely lost the plot in the second half of the season.

Cup wins away to Ibrox, Motherwell and Falkirk does not make last season a success.

If we don't hand on to Deuchar and Rocco we will be towards the bottom half of the table and not the top.

Yes and no it really is a combination of things. Lets be honest here what has he really done he has been living off a few good cup games last year, for most of last season we were piss poor, this year there is better football but still well off the pace.

However the board need to look at things too, we have been told we missed out on very good players because other teams in the division and elsewhere have offered better packages. As it stands for the top players at this level Hamilton, Dundee and Morton can offer better money for quality players as we will not break the structure. MY GOD if they can do it, no matter the whys and werefors of how they manage it surly we are in a better position to do likewise. where as not an exact science pay the 3rd highest wages finnish 3rd.

In some sence OC's hands are tied with balanceing what is looking like an ever causious wage structure agains bringing in the players we need. It is really time for saint to put up or shut up. I am not suggesting mad spending but I do think we are not maximizing out spending potential. The profits from last years cup run could of bought a whole team to win this league (ok maybe thats maybe pushing it)

There is no way we should be so far behind. Either SPL is a goal or it is not, if we cant afford to physically pay the going rate for the players and manager to get us there then at least be honest with the fans and we can resign ourselves to mid table div1 a bit of a cup run every 5 years

There's a surprise we've lost a game after a 10 game unbeaten run and there's a should coyle stay if we don't win the league thread.

whats the problem? we don't look like we are going to up in coyles 3rd season, just wondering if the fans feel he should be given another chance. hardly a coyle must go thread to be fair

Maybe feels like an over reaction, but given the start we have had, again, it is nothing that has not been at the back of most peoples mind. Dont think its just an OC must go thread, but something is not right and I dont think it can only be layed at the managers door. Thing is we cant fault most of the players and we do have some good potential players but can we wait for them to flourish. There is also the point that good players like Irvine are on 1 year deals, will they be about for another 1st div campaign?

The one thing that always sticks about a coyle team is the persistant long balls that are played!

He should not be sacked as we have been on a decent run, but SHOULD he fail to gain promotion at the 3rd time of asking I'd say both parties should part ways, but only if he dosent lead us to the SPL next season.

I can understand Dundee but Hamilton? mabey am blinkered but that team should not be above us!!

What do people mean.

Lets face facts, if Saints win the league it could possibly be a miracle. We are not showing form to be winning week in week out. We have played Dundee and Clyde twice - 2 draws and 2 defeats - not good enough is it? I guess no team fears us. I'll be honest and hope I'm wrong but 4th in the League and winning the Challenge Cup is possibly the best it could go...............

What do people mean.

We have played Dundee and Clyde twice - 2 draws and 2 defeats - not good enough is it? I guess no team fears us.

We've also played the runaway league leaders and won and our bogey team last season and won...your point is?

Most teams do fear us. Catch us on a decent day and we'll beat any team in this league...that's the annoying thing.

Dundee fans reckon today is the best they have played this season, which is encouraging!

If we don't go up, a lot depends on how - if it comes down to the wire and we're just pipped then he'll be fine..but if we're seen to be going backwards and the panic signings appear (think Rudi Vata level), then I doubt we'll back him.

I've got enough faith in him just now - if we fail to get promoted, I think it's going to be more down to some of the stalwarts of past seasons now looking less than perfect (eg Sheerin and Goran)

We've also played the runaway league leaders and won and our bogey team last season and won...your point is?

My point is getting 1 point from 2 games against Clyde, especially, is not good enough. Fair enough drop points in and around the teams around us but not a team who battle around the drop.

If you wanna be smart look at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hamilton_academical/results/default.stm

This shows Hamiltons results then compare ours with these ones for matching results. You'll no see a pattern will you.

Guest Nairn Saint
There's a surprise we've lost a game after a 10 game unbeaten run and there's a should coyle stay if we don't win the league thread.

The boy is only asking a question! A fair one at that.

I would have to say this is his last chance.

18 points from 12 games is not good enough. Coyle does not seem to have learned anything in the time he has been here. His tactics & sustitutions(or lack of them) leave a lot to be desired.

You can be the nearly man too often so yes ,there will have to be changes if we don`t go up ,one of these may be going part time & admitting we are a mid table 1st div` team.

Not wanting to do a knee jerk, but as Cagey said there his subbie policy has hardly changed at all, you could set your watch by them too often. Outsmarted by Alec Rae is shocking. Sheerin is too old to play 90 mins, but he takes McClaren off instead? Also this ten minutes of passing and 80 minutes of booting it up the park is indeed pish.

But, losing to one of the top three teams in the league away from home isn't the end of the world; and it's only November!

Once again we lose a game and all hell lets lose. :evil:

The one recurring theme I do agree with is Coyles substitutions (or lack of them and/or predictability of them).

Can somebody tell me what Stewart and the rest of them are there for if they do not point this out to Coyle very forcibly?

If just one of them would get away from the dug out and watch the game from the stand they would surely see what the rest of see and would then maybe have the balls to tell Coyle where he is going wrong.

I think the problem that people have with Coyle is that everyone can see that a sub has to be made but he will not do it until it is too late.

He persists with Sheerin for 90 minutes when he can only last for about 70 at the most and Stanic has been very poor this season as he is obviously carrying a groin strain and protects it throughout the match.

The problem is that the opposition can see this too so start to play down the left hand side which costs us games.

Its not a matter of if, we aint getting promoted this season. Even when we are at our best we still dont look anything like as strong a team as last season, and there seems to be no stopping Hamilton at present. I know points wise its not as bad yet as it was last season in places but I just dont see the hunger from our players. OC should be allowed to bed this team in over the course of this season so as we come out on top next year, if that doesnt happen then it would be the time to move on.

We are tactically destitue and this needs to be addressed. We also have a number of first team players who IMO would not have even warmed the bench last year. Should hopefully see a marked defensive improvement when we get some injuries back. We need to get a strategy in place for the doc going and the sooner quinn goes the better. shocking game yesterday we could have had it stitched up before half time, but no us, we prefer to allow the home advantaged team back into it and they played us off the park. Fair play to Dundee they looked a lot better yesterday than they did when we played them last time whereas we looked no better than last time.