Saints vs. Livingston 22/12/07

Any thoughts on whats going to happen this weekend.I must admit I,m feeling pretty lathargic about the game which is most unusual cos by the Thursday before a game I,m getting right in the mood. Well it aint happening this week.Thank god I,ve got a season ticket which means due to me being a tight b****** I,ll definatley be there.I really cannae be bothered though.

Right lets give it a go. Main has to drop down to the bench for no reason other than his form is crap and we have another keeper who deserves a game cos thats supposed to be how it works..You play crap you get droppped if there is cover for you position.

Will Rusty return, if he does will he be any better than his last two games??God I hope so....Will Samuel get a game as a trialist???Is he still even there ??? Will we go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or 4-3-3..Come on guys cheer me up, for feck sake give me hope.It can only get better........ can't it????????

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good comments so far.

I am about as apathetic as I have ever been regards the team. But I guess as someone already said as I have the season ticket then I will bloody well get my moneys worth, whether I get value for money remains to be seen. Livi are a bit of a bogey for us but I am hoping that even the players can see that there is something terribly wrong and come out with a bit of fighting spirit. Past few games they have looked like they dont actually like each other never mind train together on a daily basis.

I am in agreement with Big Cheese regards team and formation and can only hope that deek has the balls to make the necessary changes. Main must be dropped and we really need to start utilising Weatherston he was the top scorer in his league last year and his pace puts a lot of the plodders we have to shame, McLaren in his natural position and see if he can come up with the goods.

At this point I really dont care whether we win or lose but I do care that we actually try and play a structured game of football and show some bloody interest in playing for SJFC!

I'm not sure if the PA runs the story today but some of the other media sources have Cuthbert saying he wants away in January and that he expects Main to still be in goal tomorrow.

So many other questions regarding team selection, although McInnes has (quite rightly) said he was happy with a lot of aspects of our play last week, especially the way we kept the ball and used the full width of the park. I think if we play like we did last week, we'll win tomorrow. Decisions for him to make though are obviously about the formation and also whether he recalls his captain, which would probably mean a 3-5-2 as neither McManus or Anderson will (or should) be dropped.

Livi use Snodgrass and Dorrans in the wide areas so there should be an opportunity for us to have a real go at them and the game could suit David Weatherston who could have a real go one-on-one at their full back.

I can see where a lot of folk are coming from regards the apathy but it's exciting going to the game not knowing what to expect in terms of personnel.

Like I said though, if our general play is as good as last week and we don't gift goals away then we have a good chance. Since McInnes came in, at least three of the five goals conceded have been preventable and have been down to individual errors.

Don't know what the media source you've read is Radford is but I know Kev is quite rightly annoyed at not getting a chance in goal and always being on the relegated back to bacup keeper.

He will have looked into the possibility of moving elsewhere but I think the main problem in him moving is finding another club that is interested in taking on the St Johnstone backup keeper as their first choice keeper (on full time wages).

Are there actual quotes from Cuthbert, or are these sources just repeating rumours?

Quotes from the player himself saying he expects Alan to be in goal and he's not happy being second choice, so if the offer to play first team football comes up, he'd have to consider it. I can't remember where I read it unfortunately.

I think the problem is he'd struggle to find a better club up here that he'll be able to walk in as first choice for.

It would probably mean dropping to League 2 in England or something like that.

Add to the fact he's a Perth lad married to a Perth girl (who's expecting).

With all of their family ties up here it would be easy just to accept being 2nd choice and signing an extension.

I know it's been posted somewhere on here before but I can't remember where and can't be bothered looking.....is it his last year of contract just this season?

Will be interesting to see if he's offered a new deal.