Queen of the South vs. Saints 09/02/08

StDuncM

Just landed back in Sheffield and Saints were pitiful, absolutely clueless. Defence were a shambles, midfield were 2nd best all afternoon and our attack, apart for about 5 minutes, were not at the races. Yes the ref was a homer, but we were worse than the first game at Palmerston at the start of the season when we got out of jail for free. They should or could have had 7 and I just hope we were saving ourselves for Tuesday and next Saturday.

We could have played a blind pub team and still lost. No one had any idea.

Still, it was a day out and there was no problems on the roads!!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out of curiosity what happened to the clown that nicked the ball? Did they catch him?

I know Rock steady are a shower of numpties and there was no excuse for tehir behaviour at the game but really the group of kids that were hell bent on getting a reaction out of them on Saturday should get their arses kicked.

And I'm sure the wee yin with the sticky out ribs that took his top off when Saints scored got a sore ass when his mother got him home:-)

We were walking back to our car, which was parked in the Ice Bowl, and the ball was handed back, without much fuss by a little guy, to two members of Dumfries finest officers. As they went passed I said 'gie us our ball back mister', and the female officer gave me one of 'those' looks.

However, who was the dickhead at our end who kept spitting on the field, despite being spoken to by secuirity a number of times, until another of Dumfries's finest lectured him.

What a moron!

We were walking back to our car, which was parked in the Ice Bowl, and the ball was handed back, without much fuss by a little guy, to two members of Dumfries finest officers. As they went passed I said 'gie us our ball back mister', and the female officer gave me one of 'those' looks.

"A LITTLE GUY"

Wonder who that was????

Alan Main gave the young boy on our bus the ball at the start of the game, the stewards seen him leaving with it at the end and physically tried to get it off him, he took off with them trying to trip him up in full flight, if they had connected he could have been seroiusly hurt.

The lad genuinely thought he was entitled to the ball as Main had gave him it in the warm up.

Anyway stewards called the police and we had 7 of them at the buses threatening arrest if the ball was not returned. I decided to return it but told the police the facts , they laughed, they were of the understanding from the stewards that the young boy grabbed the ball and legged it.

The stewards at Dumfries definately have it in for us, and because of that the Saints fans do wind them up.

An ongoing situation which will no doubt end in arrests at some time down there.

Cannot blame James for the manager's decision to play our only fit central defenders last Monday, therefore forcing James to play.

When will we get a manager that realises Peaso is not good enough.

1 good game out of 8 is no good to any football team. And we have another 2 years of it.

Unfortunately the present manager seems to like Peaso more than any of the others.

"A LITTLE GUY"

Wonder who that was????

Alan Main gave the young boy on our bus the ball at the start of the game, the stewards seen him leaving with it at the end and physically tried to get it off him, he took off with them trying to trip him up in full flight, if they had connected he could have been seroiusly hurt.

The lad genuinely thought he was entitled to the ball as Main had gave him it in the warm up.

Anyway stewards called the police and we had 7 of them at the buses threatening arrest if the ball was not returned. I decided to return it but told the police the facts , they laughed, they were of the understanding from the stewards that the young boy grabbed the ball and legged it.

The stewards at Dumfries definately have it in for us, and because of that the Saints fans do wind them up.

An ongoing situation which will no doubt end in arrests at some time down there.

All that for a football!?!?!?!?!

Small town tinks! They're all **** without tickets. LAUGH OUT LOUD :D

When will we get a manager that realises Peaso is not good enough.

1 good game out of 8 is no good to any football team. And we have another 2 years of it.

Unfortunately the present manager seems to like Peaso more than any of the others.

I see what you're getting at. I don't think Peaso isn't good enough - just totally ineffective in the position he's being asked to play within our current formation. The front line in a 4-3-3 should all be nippy and mobile, as well as being big and strong enough to act as a target when the ball goes in to the box. Peaso stuck out on the flank doesn't have the pace, although he can beat a man with skill when he feels like it. Unfortunately he doesn't get in the box nearly enough for the other bit which he needs to do, to pick up the scraps if we persist in punting long balls from the back up towards a couple of midgets. Craig did more than him on the flank on Saturday.

I don't agree about Peaso, although do accept his form can vary drastically. In the first half of last season he looked like he was struggling to recapture his form after injury but when Savo dropped out of the side, he developed a fantastic relationship with Jason. Before Peaso started the game against Dundee in December, Jason had only scored in a couple of league games (away to Partick and Livi) but in their 18 league games together after that, Jason scored 13 goals, a lot of them down to Peaso.

He was paired with Stewart and Daal at the start of this season and couldn't develop the same relationship (unsurprisingly) and he was never given the opportunity to play alongside Deuchar. When he returned to the side for the Challenge Cup final, he had a great game and was our best player in December, with great performances against Hamilton, Livi and Clyde and he was the only outfield player (IMO) who got pass marks against Stirling.

He maybe isn't playing as well at the moment but the service he is getting is dreadful and on Saturday he was effectively being used as a target man. He does ok in the air but because every pass is aimed for him, he seems to be the target for abuse at the moment. He is being asked to play out of position though and that should be considered when he's getting so much stick on a Saturday afternoon. The amount of moaning on Saturday was unreal, you'd think we hadn't won in nine games, not lost.

1977 last game of the season; no shortage of trouble that day. Perhaps a wee bit of history coming back to haunt us.

1977 last game of the season; no shortage of trouble that day. Perhaps a wee bit of history coming back to haunt us.

Remember the 1981/82 3-3 draw. There was trouble all over the place. We went 3-0 up and were cruising, then they scored three in a row :shock: and hit the bar in the last minute. I bet their fans of that time are now stewards. :lol: