They proved us wrong

blueheaven

Off the back of the departures of Daal and McLaren, I was just wondering... can anyone come up with examples of any players who were crap here and disliked by pretty much everyone, but went on to be successes elsewhere and prove us all wrong after being punted?

I'm struggling to think of many - although there's always Sammy "Useless" Youssouf, who went on to become a regular starter for Maritmo in the top division in Portugal for a while. God knows where he is now though - last I heard of him was last season when he signed for QPR for a few months and then got released.

I'm struggling to think of many - although there's always Sammy "Useless" Youssouf, who went on to become a regular starter for Maritmo in the top division in Portugal for a while. God knows where he is now though - last I heard of him was last season when he signed for QPR for a few months and then got released.

Im sure i searched for him on Football Manager a few months back and found him lurking somewhere in Sweden

Paul Hartley was never average with us!

He didn't get a game because of Sandy Clark's idiotic ideas.

He was the best player in the division before Hearts signed him and he scored a 35 yard Albertz that season too.

Don't forget the fact he's played in a team thats beaten France twice and AC Milan in the champions league either.

Andy Millen. Absolute horse when he was at Muirton, yet he was still playing in the SPL for the midden aged 40 + last season.

When I saw the heading of this thread, Andy Millen is the guy who popped into my head immediatly. I was just saying the other week, he's the only guy I've heard being booed coming ON as a substitute.

I trained at Muirton at the same time and there were far better players but he did grow to some size. I think we discovered ale women etc but his dad kept him on the straight and narrow. Used to enjoy if we played Letham Celtic and North Muirton were gubbing them I always got moved back fae midfield to hae a boot at him.