Saints vs. Hamilton Academical 16/02/08

MUZZ

101 saint you must be on a major downer. How the hell could you not see why Mooner was subbed saturday. Now im one of his biggest fans but he was like a wee lost laddie out there and that does youngsters no good at all. As for saturday I think we will turn them over again with ease. Really all this build for next season rubbish. There are twelve games left two are against Hamilton you have to expect to win those. That makes the Gap seven with ten to go. To say it is all over is just to premature

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Mooner has his little fan club who scream for him every time he he moves. On Saturday, in the first half, it was like a love in despite his performance which was nothing to write home about.

Lost soul he was but mabye his game was affected by the adulation his 'friends' were heaping upon his little shoulders.

To the Hamilton game. It aint over til the fat lady sings and she will be pretty quiet come 4.45 on Saturday.

It's simple.

We WILL beat Hamilton as we got beat fae QoS last weekend. Saints always never to amaze me. We could have been closer at the end of this weekend but I'm sure we will see we are a far better side than any in this division - but we sadly lack consistency and ruthlessness to kill teams off.

Mon the Sainteess - I dinnae want a draw!

Guest Mongy Max

How far behind Gr$tna were we this time last year?

I doubted us then and I ate my words when I said it was over and we nearly done it, we shut that gap then and f$@k me we're gonna shut this one and go one further.

everyone wear the keep the faith t-shirts from now til the end of the season.

YELLOW ARMY

I could accept Cameron starting ahead of Moon (providing he was playing better football) but I can't see the point in providing the Arabs with a training facility for youth players when we don't know the potential of such as Moon, Barr, Jinky and Davie W.

But McInnes sees these players day in and day out... he know's their strengths and weaknesses, you don't, and he's the man who has turned our season around. We all have opinions on which player is best where, obviously his is different from yours, doesn't mean he's wrong, and finally, he's tried a few things out, I'd rather he did that right at the start rather than we need 6 points in the last two games and he suddenly tries dropping our star players.

Go Del!

ST.JOHNSTONE FOOTBALL CLUB. PRIDE OF PERTH

Here we are again , another Saturday is here and today really is make or break.Only 12 games of the season left( Boo-Hoo:cry: ) but maybe a cup final :D , you never know!!!

We need to get right behind the boys today, plenty noise, plenty positive encouragement, plenty abuse for Grady, Mensing, Haliwell and the rest of the Accies team.I hope Del decide to go all out attack for this one and I would love to see Weatherston get a run from the start..This is the first of 12(possibly13) cup finals and we need to generate a cup final like atmosphere.

To the boys at the business end of the east stand I say stand up and sing yer hearts out for the whole game.When Kevin is reading out the Hamilton team, lets give an extra loud booooo for Grady if he plays.

We at the ormond end will dish out as much abuse as we can...I,m sure I can rely on tranmere saint to assist me.....So come on Saintees fans lets give it rip like we've not done for a while and show these tossers who the best team with the best fans in division one really are.....

And to Del and the players....Careers are at stake here, lets not let it end here ,today. Lets send a message to Accies and Scumdee that were gonna be right there if they feck up......Be BRAVE, be COMMITED,be ALERT, be SHARP and be the BEST you can be....Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU SAINTS. WE BELIEVE IN YOU

But McInnes sees these players day in and day out... he know's their strengths and weaknesses, you don't, and he's the man who has turned our season around. We all have opinions on which player is best where, obviously his is different from yours, doesn't mean he's wrong, and finally, he's tried a few things out, I'd rather he did that right at the start rather than we need 6 points in the last two games and he suddenly tries dropping our star players.

Go Del!

Jacko was watched day in and day out by Coyle last year and he still signed Lilley! Has Del really transformed our season? I keep reading, on this forum that Coyle wouldn't have got us that victory. I will remember Coyle's tenure for never-say-die performances and brilliant signings. To me all Del has done is replace himself in midfield and that has greatly improved us as team, sadly he has went 4-3-3 and weakened the team's potential. In recent years, the games we have dominated have been when our midfield has controlled the game, three midfielders won't allow this to happen.

FWIW, my opinion of Del the man-manager and coach is very high. I like his methods and enjoy listening to him being interviewed. I reckon with a more experienced guy beside him (to bounce ideas off), he would have us much closer to the front of the league. It was naive to go with three strikers at County and in all honesty we were lucky not to finish 0-0 and face a replay.

Jacko's goals have papered over the cracks in shape and tactics and as Gordon Bannerman wrote, a stunner from Jacko on Tuesday could well have hastened his departure. I wouldn't bet against him getting a hat-trick against St Midden and that would surely conclude his "big-move" - thanks to his two year extension we will get cash. I fear for this team without him.

Alfred wrote this for us. Get intae them today!

Half a league half a league,

Half a league onward,

All in the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred:

'Forward, the YELLOW Brigade!

Charge for the guns' he said:

Into the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred.

'Forward, the YELLOW Brigade!'

Was there a man dismay'd ?

Not tho' the soldier knew

Some one had blunder'd:

Theirs not to make reply,

Theirs not to reason why,

Theirs but to do & die,

Into the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,

Cannon to left of them,

Cannon in front of them

Volley'd & thunder'd;

Storm'd at with shot and shell,

Boldly they rode and well,

Into the jaws of Death,

Into the mouth of Hell

Rode the six hundred.

Flash'd all their sabres bare,

Flash'd as they turn'd in air

Sabring the gunners there,

Charging an army while

All the world wonder'd:

Plunged in the battery-smoke

Right thro' the line they broke;

Cossack & Russian

Reel'd from the sabre-stroke,

Shatter'd & sunder'd.

Then they rode back, but not

Not the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,

Cannon to left of them,

Cannon behind them

Volley'd and thunder'd;

Storm'd at with shot and shell,

While horse & hero fell,

They that had fought so well

Came thro' the jaws of Death,

Back from the mouth of Hell,

All that was left of them,

Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?

O the wild charge they made!

All the world wonder'd.

Honour the charge they made!

Honour the YELLOW Brigade,

Noble six hundred!

Howay the Saints!!

FWIW, my opinion of Del the man-manager and coach is very high. I like his methods and enjoy listening to him being interviewed. I reckon with a more experienced guy beside him (to bounce ideas off), he would have us much closer to the front of the league. It was naive to go with three strikers at County and in all honesty we were lucky not to finish 0-0 and face a replay.

Jacko's goals have papered over the cracks in shape and tactics and as Gordon Bannerman wrote, a stunner from Jacko on Tuesday could well have hastened his departure. I wouldn't bet against him getting a hat-trick against St Midden and that would surely conclude his "big-move" - thanks to his two year extension we will get cash. I fear for this team without him.

To be honest 101 he has Docherty standing next to him and from the players he is one of the best coaches in Scotland and has only not made the step up because of his value to his employers because of that. A team plays the way it is coached it is not something that happens over night. Coyle coached his side in a particular way and hats off to him last season was one of the most exciting I can remember in my long Saints supporting history. Del and Docherty will now coach the side the way they see us getting the best and with early days still here I think most of us see the results. 4-4-3 or 4-4-2 really to me does not matter but from my own point of view I think he is playing that way to accomodate what he sees as his best starting eleven which I think we will all agree is the only thing he can do.

The constant kevin Moon is this and kevin Moon is that completely baffles me. Yes he is a great prospect but that is where it stops. The only thing I find wrong with Del is his failure to give Weatherstone a chance but he obviously sees bringing him on against a tiring side a better option..

To be honest 101 he has Docherty standing next to him and from the players he is one of the best coaches in Scotland and has only not made the step up because of his value to his employers because of that. A team plays the way it is coached it is not something that happens over night. Coyle coached his side in a particular way and hats off to him last season was one of the most exciting I can remember in my long Saints supporting history. Del and Docherty will now coach the side the way they see us getting the best and with early days still here I think most of us see the results. 4-4-3 or 4-4-2 really to me does not matter but from my own point of view I think he is playing that way to accomodate what he sees as his best starting eleven which I think we will all agree is the only thing he can do.

The constant kevin Moon is this and kevin Moon is that completely baffles me. Yes he is a great prospect but that is where it stops. The only thing I find wrong with Del is his failure to give Weatherstone a chance but he obviously sees bringing him on against a tiring side a better option..

Okay, I will it give up after these last thoughts!!

I don't have any problem with the coaching on offer at the club. I thought coaching was lacking slightly under Coyle (though, I loved Coyle's reign). My problem with McInnes is his player judgement, Caff, Cameron and Big MacBreen are no better than we had when they were signed & Rocco is a Coyle signing.

My point about Mooner is he went from MOM against Clyde (a notorious venue for us), was then dropped for the Scum game, won rave reveiws from the media after the Raith tie (despite the sitters) and then scored a vital goal having come as sub. I don't think he's ever let us down (excluding the Partick tie when OC played him wide right and subsequently described his performance to me as "he didnae look very good against Partick").

You're right that he's only shown potential but the same could be said of Parker or Jacko or Phizzy, Davie Weatherston etc.. He (and Davie) can only progress from potential to realisation of talent by getting games. There is no benefit to playing Cameron ahead of him if Cameron ain't gonna be here next year!

Okay, last point. If you were Mooner, would you feel that you had done enough to earn a starting jersey?

Anyway, bollocks to that. Halliwell was hated by many for being an arrogant prick during his time with the Saintees, let's whoop, holler and cheer every time he picks the ball out the net. We've hammered Accies a few times ta McD.... we want six, we want six!!!!

Derek McInnes makes a couple of significant changes to the line-up for today’s vital game against league leaders Hamilton. Paul Sheerin and Steven Milne drop to the bench and are replaced by Rocco Quinn and David Weatherston (pictured).

SAINTS: Main, Irvine, Stanic, Cameron, Rutkiewicz, Anderson, Quinn, Craig, Jackson, MacDonald, Weatherston.

Subs: McManus, Sheerin, Moon, Milne, Cuthbert.

Greattttttt!!!!!Davies on fae the start...Shame it wasn't peaso getting dropped but hey Davie, Davie,Davie:D