Ross County vs. Saints 12/02/08

Radford 72

Tricky looking game on Tuesday now against a side who must be briming with confidence after knocking in six goals yesterday. Probably McInnes' biggest test so far in getting a turnaround from the players in just a few days.

Can't remember off the top of my head if Quinn is eligible to play, it all depends on whether the rules are you can't play a player signed after the date of the original tie or after the date of when the orignal tie is played.

I'd think there might be a few changes for this one and wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Anderson, Rutkiewicz, McBreen, Cameron and Quinn (if available) come in.

We need to get to grips with the midfield early in the game, which we didn't do yesterday and need to be harder in the challenge, we were pretty soft right through the side yesterday IMO.

Shame the original tie was off as we'll probably take only a quarter of what we would on the Saturday.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nairn Saint

I am actually more confident that we will win on Tuesday than I was for the origional tie. I feared we might take the tie too lightly whereas there is now no danger that Saints will head north without knowing they are in for a very hard game.

I won't ba able to make it up there for this tie so I'll be listening on the radio.

Very difficult place to go at the best of times, after yesterdays awful performance the players will know they have to be at their best again quickly.

If James and/or McManus play then County will stroll it.

Are Anderson and Rutki suspended for this game?

If Quinn can't play then it's no loss.

I won't ba able to make it up there for this tie so I'll be listening on the radio.

Very difficult place to go at the best of times, after yesterdays awful performance the players will know they have to be at their best again quickly.

Are Anderson and Rutki suspended for this game?

QUOTE]

I,m sure I read that Ando was suspended for 3 games , but that doesn't include cup games.He's out for the Morton and Dundee matches. Rusty I believe IS available as well....

I agree with temple that a draw is the best we're likley to get, and we will have to play much better to get even that. It's going to be very interesting to see what team Del picks..

Mine would be

.......................................................Main..................................

....Irvine...................................Ando,Rusty,....................Stanic........

..........Weatherston..................(Rocco)..Craig...................Sheerin....

....................Jackson............................Milne...........................

Subs; Cat,James,Cameron,Moon,McCaffery

No place for McDonald,McManus.......... Unless Rocco is ineligible , then Moon in the midfield and McDonald on the bench....

Not going to be there so no doubt a frustrating evening listening to updates on the radio. After yesterday I'm not confident at all - unless arses are red from being kicked tomorrow at training best we'll get is a replay, especially given the current vein of form Ross Co are in

Are there any other games on Tuesday? We might be the commentary game? Motherwell vs Dundee is Monday and United vs St Mirren is Wednesday.

Ross County have advised that due to a lack of stewards, the terracing at Victoria Park will not be open tomorrow evening and all Saints fans will be accommodated in the main stand.

Does this then mean that the price for fans to get in to the main stand the same as it would be for the terracing??

Ross County have advised that due to a lack of stewards, the terracing at Victoria Park will not be open tomorrow evening and all Saints fans will be accommodated in the main stand.

St Johnstone FC Official Website

Flaps to that news!

Probably down to lack of funds rather than availability. Might you read into that, that they are in a spot of bother financially, as I also read somewhere recently they were anxious to get 'back with the big teams like St Johnstone'!:D

Mind you it may be that the big boys will only bring a handful on a cold winters night to such a distant outpost of civilisation.

It's a real shame but there doesn't seem to be much excitement about this game any more. Everyone was really up for it when it was originally scheduled but that seems to have died down, maybe because it's now midweek and we had a poor result at the weekend.

County will be expecting a big home support - as they tend to draw for these sort of games - and we'll be shoved in a corner of the Main Stand so I think the fans definitely have a role to play tonight. I know of a lot of regulars not going so we might be short on numbers but hopefully not noise.

Mon The Blues... Whites... Yellows!

Regards the team, seems like McBreen won't be training until midweek so he's not an option. County have been playing a 4-2-3-1 formation but I don't think that should really affect the way we line up.

I'd go along the following lines:

Main

Irvine - Ruti - Ando - Stanic

Moon - Cameron - Craig

Jackson - Milne - MacDonald

Subs: Cat, McManus, Sheerin, Weatherston, Fyhr.

Eh :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :roll:

Agree with the starting lineup although I'd possibly be tempted to start Weatherston instead of Peaso. A lot depends on the pitch and conditions though whether or not we'll be able to play a fast flowing game.

I ran out of options. No point sticking another defender of the bench, so I guess it should be Bobby Barr again. Peter Fyhr would be more fun, except we'd get thrown out!

I know Davie W is really pushing for a start but i just really like the idea of using him as an impact player at the moment, to come on and make a difference. I don't think Peaso would have that effect.

It's a real shame but there doesn't seem to be much excitement about this game any more. Everyone was really up for it when it was originally scheduled but that seems to have died down, maybe because it's now midweek and we had a poor result at the weekend.

Radford mate dont you think its a dreadfull trip for midweek. Its bad enough on a saturday drinking aside but the trip home afterwards is well the worst in the league