Celebrity Saints...

Saintkev

He also used to slag of Saints for 'comic effect' on Win, Lose or Draw which is equally unforgivable. I've only ever seen him at three Saints games and they've all been - in typical BBC employee style - against Partick Thistle.

Soccer AM went through a period of 'supporting' Saints in the late 90s. Richard Colburn from B&S is allegedly a Saintee.

I'm afraid to say Richie Colburn is a Celtic fan...used to go on their supporters bus.

Fred is from Scone, well that is where he moved to in his tender years, and I knew/know him pretty well. He is still one of my younger brother's best mates as they were at the Academy together and I last spoke to him just over a year ago.

He is definitely 100% a Saints fan.

Yep and remember his comments on the TV show, Mock the week?

I think the story has just become a great Saint's story now.

My version (original or not) happened at Easter Road at a Cup game some time around 1993. Me, California Saint and our mate Scott moved toward the exit to get back to the bus quicker on the full time whistle and about two minutes from the end this guy just starts shouting Boo! Then out of nowhere he yells 'Absolute Boo!' (which I think is funnier than the sweary one.) It was on the final whistle he then shouted 'F*cking Boo!' and turned for the exit. An account of this appeared in the Perth Academy school magazine The 19a Times, (blast from the past!), Scott wrote a song about it, and I've told it on the radio a few times.

What this proves - if anything - is there was a guy around that time that followed Saints, that had some excellent and unusual ways of expressing his feelings toward the team. I'm sure it's not the only match he's been at and I'm sure I'm not the only person that's heard this. There's also the possibility that people have heard us shouting it, 'cos we adopted it for a wee while.

I'm also sure I've nicked a couple of jokes off Fred, but us Scone boys have to stick together.

What this proves - if anything - is there was a guy around that time that followed Saints, that had some excellent and unusual ways of expressing his feelings toward the team. I'm sure it's not the only match he's been at and I'm sure I'm not the only person that's heard this. There's also the possibility that people have heard us shouting it, 'cos we adopted it for a wee while.

Although it was a different person who said, "c'mon Saints, compensate for the wind", as you know, SaintX. However the lesser known but equally funny quote from him was "you know, McDiarmid has one of the rounder pitches in Scottish football". EH?!!?

Although it was a different person who said, "c'mon Saints, compensate for the wind", as you know, SaintX. However the lesser known but equally funny quote from him was "you know, McDiarmid has one of the rounder pitches in Scottish football". EH?!!?

"I see you live next to a bowling club...that'd be great if you like bowls"

PEACOCK... legend!

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...