Demise of Gr£tna FC

St Mikey

What is wrong with Brooks that he can't sign a few cheques and restructure the club down the way himself instead of neutral administrators. I suppose the legal route is always the cheapest way and it avoids all the hassel to yourself of not paying what your due. Maybe Scottish football was a bridge too far.

It wasn't a dream it was a facade.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question from Ronaldo regarding Mileson. Will he be investigated by anyone about whats gone wrong? Will there be an investigation/inquiry about this whole fiasco?

Can the SPL not take him to court for the money they have had to shell out to keep Gretna going? Does he even have any money?

It looks to me like his son tolerated his dads 'plaything' then as soon as Mileson took a turn for the worse, he decided he needed to protect his inheritance.

It looks to me like his son tolerated his dads 'plaything' then as soon as Mileson took a turn for the worse, he decided he needed to protect his inheritance.

He ghas always been quoted as saying that he was not interested in Gretna and would not give them another penny once he took over his fathers business affairs.

youse still on about gretna yet.21 pages i think youse are all fixated by them.personally i would let it die

Why? It has turned our national sport into a joke! I would say its a pretty big talking point, one that will go on and on until the SPL, SFL and SFA take steps to ensure it never happens again

youse still on about gretna yet.21 pages i think youse are all fixated by them.personally i would let it die

Its more amusing than being bothered by them.

That "living the dream" book would have been better with all this added into the sequel! LAUGH OUT LOUD

The story continues........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gretna/7312756.stm

Seems the administrator is stripping the club to its barest bones to allow it to continue or he didn't believe himself that the club could survive til the end of the season

After all the positive things in the last week and a bit, coming out of Rayd...Firhi.............Almond..........................or wherever they play 'at home', I had a little smile to myself and said the end is nigh. What will be left of them once the vultures pick the flesh and bones in the next 24 hours?

Will there be a white knight this time?

He ghas always been quoted as saying that he was not interested in Gretna and would not give them another penny once he took over his fathers business affairs.

It is far from just the football Club that is in problems. I was speaking to one of the liquidators of their sports company and it seems to be the group of companies that they are dealing with, they have gone through the receivership stage and are now in liquidation.

Obviously we all wish Brooks well with whatever is wrong with him but a club should not come to a standstill whenever the owner becomes ill thereby causing our top league to also suffer. No club should be structured that way. For their fans it must be like a dream turned nightmare and id they and the SPL are honest an embarrassment.

Obviously we all wish Brooks well with whatever is wrong with him but a club should not come to a standstill whenever the owner becomes ill thereby causing our top league to also suffer. No club should be structured that way. For their fans it must be like a dream turned nightmare and id they and the SPL are honest an embarrassment.

Don't think any of us wish him any bad thoughts over his health, however, as someone has said in history - with great power becomes great responsibility. I feel with that in mind he has led Gr£tna FC and the supporters a merry dance toward closure and has failed to keep things steady, thus the problems they are in which I personally will not give them slack on.

Live out your means and you are in trouble, as Gr£tna are now.

Obviously we all wish Brooks well with whatever is wrong with him but a club should not come to a standstill whenever the owner becomes ill thereby causing our top league to also suffer. No club should be structured that way.

Very true, although it could be argued that when Geoff Brown took a break from Saints due to his illness, something even worse than administration happened... we gave a job to Billy Stark!!:o:cry::razz::wink:

I've been wondering, how come John Boyle managed to hold onto his post at Motherwell after sending them into administration??

I've been wondering, how come John Boyle managed to hold onto his post at Motherwell after sending them into administration??

Didn't he resign when the club went into administration and just returned about a month ago, hoping everyone had forgotten that he was responsible for their initial demise? Maybe he'll do it again, just to make sure :wink:

Didn't he resign when the club went into administration and just returned about a month ago, hoping everyone had forgotten that he was responsible for their initial demise? Maybe he'll do it again, just to make sure :wink:

That's exactly what happened.

Administration is a very useful tool for guys who can't manage a club properly within their income limits. They just piss off, let the administrators take the hassle of doing the dirty stuff and shrinking the club to it's budget/income levels. They then miraculously re-appear and most of their fans don't blame him for anything just because he sought glory beyond their means. :rolleyes:

So does Boyle own Motherwell then? Did he buy the club back, or did someone re-appoint him?

I think he just had shares in the club and of course their price will reflect the new valuation of the club adter administration. The board can continue or re-appoint him since it still exists but the running of the club during administration lies with the administrators just like the Gretna and Mileson situation (and many others).