Greenock Morton vs. Saints 23/02/08

Finners

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is a massive bonus as he is one of their top players.

Don't know what to think about this one. Morton have been struggling, but have a new boss and that always mixes things up a bit. We have been doing alright and picked up a vital and well deserved win last week with a good fighting performance.

I'm hoping we can at the very least sneak it. There is no reason why we can't win.

Like Jamie, I don't know what to expect on Saturday but can't help but feel that they'll get a massive lift from a new gaffer, even if it is Irons. Maybe more important though will be that Cappielow might get behind the team rather than on their backs. We saw for ourselves in the Challenge Cup last season how big a boost that can be for them.

As such, it's vital we make a good start and don't give the crowd anything to get excited about. They've been dreadful at home and if we can put them under pressure it'll hopefully help keep the home fans quiet.

If we are still aiming for the league, then it's good news that Millar is out, although it would've been good to get a look at him. He's been one of their best players this season, if not the best.

Main dilemmas for Del will be who partners Ruti, whether to throw McBreen in and who to play alongside Craig, and probably Quinn, in midfield.

I think he'll go:

Main

Irvine - Rutkiewicz - McCaffrey - Stanic

Quinn - Sheerin - Craig

Jackson - McBreen - MacDonald

Subbies: Tucuth, McManus/James, Moon/Cameron, Weatherston, Milne.

Whit makes you think McBreen would start when he's not played competitive or reserve football for months?

I think that's why he didn't play for the reserves on Tuesday when he was scheduled to. Could be totally wrong but just a hunch Del was saving him for Saturday. We have missed a physical presence in recent months.

Must win game, which we will win.I hope Del drops Cameron though as he is not very good and seems to be getting worse...Ando is a huge miss as well and my concern would be the defence..How did James play for the reserves???Is he ready ??? The three central defenders were all first team players , yet we lose two goals to East Fife reserves:oops: Might be tight but we should sneak it as long as they are up for it, and play for 90 minutes..I would like to see.......

Main.

Irvine,Rusty,James,Stanic.

,Moon, Quinn,Craig Sheerin.

Jackson,Milne.

Subs. Cat,McBreen,McCaffery,McDonald Weatherston......

Sorry but no place for Cameron and McManus

How did James play for the reserves???Is he ready ??? The three central defenders were all first team players , yet we lose two goals to East Fife reserves:oops:

IMO, James is nowhere near ready, he was miles off the pace on Tuesday. Not only did we concede a couple of goals - although the trialist was sold for the first and gave away a stupid free-kick for the second - but all three of them were booked as well! :oops:

http://stjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitem.asp?NewsID=2419

McBreen is not ready yet according to official site. I like Weatherston as a sub. I would start Savo again.

Disappointing McBreen won't make it but means Savo comes back into the front three meaning we either play as we did at Dingwall in the second half with him playing in the hole just behind Jackson and MacDonald or as we've played for most of McInnes' time with Peaso wide left.

Main.

Irvine,Rusty,James,Stanic.

,Moon, Quinn,Craig Sheerin.

Jackson,Milne.

Subs. Cat,McManus,McCaffery,McDonald Weatherston

1-0 to saints

Moon's a promising player but he's a central midfielder. If he's played wide he'll not be effective, we won't be as creative, he'll lose the momentum he's built up over the past few weeks and his confidence will go way down. If we couldn't get Hartley to be a right winger what chance do we have with Mooner?

433 please or 442 with proper wide players

Agree that couple of weeks ago this looked like an easy 3pointer but now the change of manager has spiced things up a bit but saints to win by the odd goal!

don't know why so many going for 442 it's the starting line up we're going for an Del's made it clear he prefers the 433?

Main

Irvine Rusty James Goran

Moon Craig Sheerin

Jacko Savo Peaso

Subs-Cat, McCaffrey, Rocco, Weatherston, Jinky?(If he's ready)