Dundee vs. Saints 01/03/08

Well it,s Thursday all ready and the weekend is looming.Saints seem to have a few injury worries as well as the suspensions of Craig and Ando..On the signing of Morris, I have no idea whatsoever if it,s good or not and only time will tell, but as always I back the gaffers judgement..Team wise again I, m a bit unsure of who is unfit and who's not..Really looking forward to this one and I would expect Saints to take a very good support through to Dens..Who's all going , who,s not , and why??.Like every game now, we have to win.It,s going to be tough but, we do seem to play better when our backs are up against the wall.All I want is a good Saints performance and if we win then great, as long as we make the effort, thats all we can really ask...Saints to win with the odd goal in five.......

Come on you Saints

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the injury concerns, I think the only changes will be the enforced ones to accomodate the supsensions of Craig and Ando.

Main

Irvine - Rutkiewicz - McManus - Stanic

Quinn - Moon - Sheerin

Jackson - Milne - MacDonald

Subbies: Tucuth, James, Morris, Weatherston, McBreen.

Still not given up hope of Barry Wilson swelling the numbers, in which case McBreen might not be required, or Weatherston will miss out.

Massive game required from Rocco. Moon will put himself about but that isn't in Sheerin's make up, so Rocco needs offer the same sort of work rate than Liam Craig would have.

This guy Antoine-Curier seems to be doing the business for them and as the game nears, I get less confident. I'm happier that if we take the lead for the sixth time in a row there that we have a better chance of holding on but they showed a very Saints like fighting attitude to come back and win in November.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a crowd pushing 7,000. We should take more through than we have since we came down. I think it was just shy of 1,600 the first time and would hope for more than that.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a crowd pushing 7,000. We should take more through than we have since we came down. I think it was just shy of 1,600 the first time and would hope for more than that.

I'd hope so, but I know a few part timers (not naming names but sheerlambrule) that normally go to the Dundee games but are saving it for the cup game, so might not beat that.

A lot of saints fans seem to think we lack bottle to win this game as its that big. We have performed well in most big games this season and have shown fantastic desire and spirit to get through games when playing poor and still win. We are firing goals in for fun the now and im sure we will score having only failed to score once at home this season - and thats when our 2 top scorers were injured.

big big game will decide if we can get second place or not I would say.

hard to predict the score but the fact they scored six against Stirling will mean their fans expect them to score as has been demonstrated by the last poster.

going to be hard for us with the injuries and suspensions. will be a hard day watching the scores come up.

Main

Irvine Rutkiewicz McManus Stanic

Quinn Moon Sheerin

Jackson Milne MacDonald

Agree that will be the starting line up but I think morris and mcbreen will play a part in the game if they dont start.

Must win game for saints if we want to keep the faith

Think that will be near enough the team.Bit worried about McManus at the back and feel the midfield lacks spirit and aggression,with a distinct lack of leadership.Can`t see us winning this i`m afraid,a draw at best,HTF i`m wrong

Agree with saint in exile about lack of aggression in midfield. for that reason i would play Morris in place of sheerin. sheerin hasn't done it for me this season, as good as he was last season. i would also like to see peaso given a rest as he has been poor. he lacks the final ball to be playing on the left hand side. i think we are really going to miss liam craig on saturday, i've been impressed with his heart and determination in the past few weeks.

Injuries/suspensions obviously a worry but we have a decent enough squad to cope. Would love us to be full strength and turn them over at Dens but i think it will be a closer affair, 2-1 saints, last minute mcbreen header. Hope we have a big noisy support on saturday, we saw how it helped in challenge cup final. Six of us making the short trip from "hulltoon" territory two of which are dundee united fans coming to cheer on the troops! We'll be wearing the good old yellow and blue on saturday, yaaaas!!!! YELLOW ARMY!

What are the prices for this? The Dundee site says adults £16 and concessions £8, but what counts as a concession?

I'm extremely low on cash at the moment!

Oap,s students and under 16,s I think(maybe u 18,s but maybe best checking if it applies to you.).

As for the game our last 3 performances have brought 3 wins against last week in the 2nd half was probably the best we have played for months.I feel we have a solid enough defence,best midfield in the league and now 2 strikers capable of scoring goals,which we lacked earlier in the season.I dont see us losing especially at home and the way we are playing.I go 3-1 dundee.I,m the good looking one in the maltman if anyone wants to have a beer(hospitality or what!)

Dee4Life, Frank isnt going to the game anymore but i'll be in The Maltman. Seeing how you class yourself as handsome, should I just look for the male with more than 4 teeth?

4 teeth,what do you think I,m some kind oh film star.You know the pub,its no big it shouldna be hard to spot your tweed jaikit!seriously will keep be in the bar and will keep an eye out and have a beer.

Gutted am missing this one as its my mate from Uni's 21st and being a Killie fan hes insisted in going to the Killie St Mirren game on Sat

So i'll be doing the scouting mission for next saturday!!

Lame excuse! Tell him Killie are pish and will just get beaten again. LAUGH OUT LOUD

Otherwise for awbdy else,

We need support and a massive one at that to make Dens shake. I reckon it could be near 8,000 if people just got off their arse and get to the game. Its only 25mins down the road for goodness sake!

Must Win, Must Support our team for this.

MON THE YELLOWS

Lame excuse! Tell him Killie are pish and will just get beaten again. LAUGH OUT LOUD

Otherwise for awbdy else,

We need support and a massive one at that to make Dens shake. I reckon it could be near 8,000 if people just got off their arse and get to the game. Its only 25mins down the road for goodness sake!

Must Win, Must Support our team for this.

MON THE YELLOWS

Wee bit optomistic there I think,will be around 4500 dees and your usual 1000-1500 so you dothe maths.