St Mirren vs. Saints 18/03/08

Can we do it??? I,m sure we can if we play up to our potential.Certainly nothing to fear from St.Mirren.Whats the team going to be?? After my guess for Saturday ( in which there was no place for Rocco..Oops!!!:oops:)I might just leave it to others to predict the starting line up for the game.I can,t unfortunately make it to the game and won,t even be able to follow on line as I am out playing in the quiz league (Cup 1st Rnd). Hopefully there will be updates during the Sellic game which will be on in the pub we're in..I think this will be very very tight and may even go to extra time and Pens.Hope not ,but if thats what it takes for us to go through then so be it..1-1 after 90 mins Saintees to win 3-1 after extra time....

Come on the real Saints and GIRU the Fakes

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, can relate with your Rocco Quinn decision making as I was in the same boat as you after watching him a few times this season, most recently against QOTS at home where he had a few nice touches but didn't look interested enough over the course of the game.

Didn't make it on Saturday and heard mixed reviews, took both his goals well.

I'm going tomorrow and am optimistic.

If Stanic is back on Saturday I'd put him in for Sheerin and go for something similar.

Rocco or no Rocco?

In St Mirren we have nothing to fear but it'll be a sticky hard fought game I'd imagine, a battle in the middle of the park which I'm not sure he's up for. On the other hand he could have a bit of creative genius that wins us the game. His confidence should be high after Saturday so I'd start him and hook him at half time if he's not up for it.

I would go 4-4-2 with:

Main

Stanic

Irvine

Ando

James

Morris

Wilson/Sheerin (can't decide)

Quinn

Craig

Peaso

Jacko

Subs (5 subs right?):

Tucuth

McManus

Moon

Sheerin/Wilson

Milne

I think Milne will start though after being rested on Saturday and McInnes will go 4-3-3 again with Wilson dropping out.

Jim, can relate with your Rocco Quinn decision making as I was in the same boat as you after watching him a few times this season, most recently against QOTS at home where he had a few nice touches but didn't look interested enough over the course of the game.

Didn't make it on Saturday and heard mixed reviews, took both his goals well.

I'm going tomorrow and am optimistic.

If Stanic is back on Saturday I'd put him in for Sheerin and go for something similar.

Rocco or no Rocco?

In St Mirren we have nothing to fear but it'll be a sticky hard fought game I'd imagine, a battle in the middle of the park which I'm not sure he's up for. On the other hand he could have a bit of creative genius that wins us the game. His confidence should be high after Saturday so I'd start him and hook him at half time if he's not up for it.

I would go 4-4-2 with:

Main

Stanic

Irvine

Ando

James

Morris

Wilson/Sheerin (can't decide)

Quinn

Craig

Peaso

Jacko

Subs (5 subs right?):

Tucuth

McManus

Moon

Sheerin/Wilson

Milne

I think Milne will start though after being rested on Saturday and McInnes will go 4-3-3 again with Wilson dropping out.

Pretty sure Ando is suspended for this1 so i'm going 1 nil saints!

Think Del will go back2 433

Main

Irvine Rusty(if fit) McManus Goran(if fit)

Rocco Morris Craig

Jacko Milne Peaso

Subs - Bert James Sheerin Moon Weatherston

should have added that i wasn't sure wether Del will go 442 or 433 and we could all guess a different squad so that fud McPherson will have no clue what he'll be up against which is a good thing . He always seems to come up with a wee surprise that seems to work-i too left Rocco out of the team sat so Del knows better than all of us thank @*xx

Pretty sure Ando is suspended for this1 so i'm going 1 nil saints!

Think Del will go back2 433

Main

Irvine Rusty(if fit) McManus Goran(if fit)

Rocco Morris Craig

Jacko Milne Peaso

Subs - Bert James Sheerin Moon Weatherston

Ando is definitely suspended....Which is a great loss IMO

i'll be there but i have a bad feeling we are going to get run ragged by st.mirren.

we wont get many chances to score i feel so we must be clinical to have any chance of winning.

I agree with you on your point about being clinical with any chances we get tomorrow Muzz, but i dont agree with your feeling that "we are going to get run ragged by St Mirren" - i never noticed anything from them in the first game that would suggest they have the ability to do this to us, Corcoran and Dorman were the only two the stood out and im sure Irvine and Jody will be able to deal with them. Would like McInnes to adopt Coyle's approach to cup games and really have a go at St Mirren tomorrow night, with the exception of Haining there defence looks slightly dodgy and slow, im sure Jacko, Savo and Peaso have the ability to cause them problems. Would love another day out at the semis, cmon the Saints!

Talking of St Mirren missing Haining and John Paul Potter, with their fans suggest MacPherson might switch to a back three of van Zanten, Millen and Maxwell. I really believe our front three could get a lot of joy out of that backline, with Peaso a target with diagonal balls to beat van Zanten aerially and Milne and Jackson have the other two for pace.

That would mean them having five in midfield though, which could present problems. I'd have been happy to see us go with the same midfield that played the first leg but with Ando suspended, Irvine needs to drop back into right back. Lynch would've been a good replacement but it seems unlikely he'll be fit, again meaning it's down to a choice between Rocco and Mooner. Mooner is the one that fits the battling qualities required but he's frozen in a couple of these big games and we can't really afford that tomorrow night. With Rocco's double on Saturday, I'd go with him and hope he can really match his ability with effort.

Don't think the captain is fit enough to start but have no real worries about going with Ruti and McManus, who has found his best form again.

Main

Irvine - Ruti - McManus - Stanic

Quinn - Morris - Craig

Jackson - Milne - Peaso

Subbies: Tucuth, James, Sheerin, Moon, Wilson/Weatherston.

Hopefully a good atmosphere as well...

Yellow Army!

Talking of St Mirren missing Haining and John Paul Potter, with their fans suggest MacPherson might switch to a back three of van Zanten, Millen and Maxwell. I really believe our front three could get a lot of joy out of that backline, with Peaso a target with diagonal balls to beat van Zanten aerially and Milne and Jackson have the other two for pace.

Potter is definitely out , Haining trained today and will be back after missing Saturday ! I would imagine that Maxi will partner Haining in a 4-4-2 allowing Van Zanten (who will be a team mate of Jason Scotland next season)to move into right mid where we sorely missed him in the first game ! Looking forward to this match , and although I expect to win , it could easily blow up in our faces !

I will be there much against my better judgement it is going to be a long day at work on wednesday

What are you worried about Broggy Man? I am going then have to be back at the bus for 6:30 tomorrow morning to get back to Glasgow!!

Hard to say as they all go different places. Trains to Ayr, Gourock, Ardrossan etc... all stop at Paisley Gilmour Street.

Platform 13 or 11!

Ayr, Ardrossan or Largs as they stop at Paisley Gimour. Gourouck or Wemyess Bay stop at Hillington and Cardonald, which only add about 5 mins to your journey! Option is yours...:D