St Mirren vs. Saints 18/03/08

wasnt you anyway .havent you got your own forum to go on.we are in the semis and your still stuck on the quarter final topic.get over it we stuffed you 3-1

well said, i beleive the 3000 paisly mugs sat there in silence for 90 % of the match aswell watching there team scrape a replay having hardly kicked a ball all game. still its lucky they raised their game for the replay..... nah.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well said, i beleive the 3000 paisly mugs sat there in silence for 90 % of the match aswell watching there team scrape a replay having hardly kicked a ball all game. still its lucky they raised their game for the replay..... nah.

...................... and do you think you fakes will raise your game consistently enough to escape the backwater that is the first division ? :-)

wasnt you anyway .havent you got your own forum to go on.we are in the semis and your still stuck on the quarter final topic.get over it we stuffed you 3-1

It's a distant memory bud , although not as distant as trying to remember St Johnstone in the SPL ! :-)

watever you say son watever you say. enjoy the rest of ur meaningless season tho. im off to see when tickets go on sale for the semi final !

I'd take 38 "meaningless" SPL matches anyday , over around 28 meaningful matches in the 2nd tier ! It was 28 wasn't it ? , before you fakes admitted there was yet another diddy league season in the offing in 2008/9 ? :-)

I'd take 38 "meaningless" SPL matches anyday , over around 28 meaningful matches in the 2nd tier ! It was 28 wasn't it ? , before you fakes admitted there was yet another diddy league season in the offing in 2008/9 ? :-)

So by what your saying... its far more enjoyable to see your team play terrible football, lose quite often or maybe sneak the odd draw. And after these terrible performances there is never any booing or cursing at love street? Lets face it, when your team lose your not in a great mood, when your team win (no matter what division) and if they played well, you generally have a smile. Sure the SPL has all the money, but i goto football to be entertained. Something im sure you will have seen very little of this season, apart from when we were in town!

When we do finally retrun to the spl, if were not making any progress i wouldnt be too bothered to drop down again and see us rebuild (after a few years). Your simply avoiding relegation, not bringing through any youth players that are setting the league on fire. Your going through the motions! The novelty of the SPL has worn off already and i expect you will probably have more entertaining season as you have a real fight to avoid the drop next year. Thats 2 seasons of no achievement for you, can you really handle another?

And to get my reply to your comeback in now, yes i know we havent challenged this year but a trophy in the bag and a chance at the double will do me anyday over SPL boredom.

So by what your saying... its far more enjoyable to see your team play terrible football, lose quite often or maybe sneak the odd draw

No , it's far more important for a club that they are in the highest division ,earning the most money possible , especially when you consider the amount of Scottish clubs that are in insurmountable debt and those rumoured to be close to administration !

FWIW , we are making slow progress as an SPL club and although we will still be bottom six next season , Kilmarnock in particular , along with Hamilton and ICT will all be up against it too !

No , it's far more important for a club that they are in the highest division ,earning the most money possible , especially when you consider the amount of Scottish clubs that are in insurmountable debt and those rumoured to be close to administration !

St.Johnstone are not one of these clubs.

The longer a team stays at the bottom the harder it becomes. Players wont sign and fans dont turn up both leading to a club going stale. Thats when relegation allows a club to rebuild and get the fans interest back. Yes the SPL is more money, but if your clubs there with no product to sell its not really worth it! Your only going to go backwards with the small comfort that some money is in the bank due to a tv deal.

As i said earlier, its all about entertainment and the SPL offers virtually none aided in part by the stupid league set up.

I agree with you about Killie and that is one seriously stale club! Look how empty Rugby Park is each week. No progress No entertainment = No fans.

Been in the same situation with St Johnstone as St Mirren are in just now.

With no offence intended, Gus MacPherson has crafted a very dull team with the sole intention of survival regardless of the lack of entertainment. The only players I reckon are remotely exciting to watch are Dorman and Corcoran, the latter being absolutely useless against us in Paisley.

You've even bought Jim Hamilton to try and defend and play route one football. Scoring goals from flick-ons. Can't honestly understand why anyone bothers to go watch you and if it wasn't for Gretna you'd be sure fire candidates to be back down next season.

We beat you in the Scottish cup because we are actually a better football team. Add to that the fact that your team hasn't even tried to play football this season it was always going to be difficult to start trying to knock the ball about against us.

Unfortunately, playing pretty football doesn't get you out of Division 1, it's a scrap. We have players with ability but a severe lack of fight when it matters IMO. Hamilton are a big physical team with a goal scorer. They are top and likely to go up because they can bully teams hell bent on defending and come away 1-0 victors. We struggle to a draw.

Surely thats 33 meaningful matches...The 5 after the split mean sweet feck all