Ex Saintee Arrested

ryangordon86

Swansea's win over Bristol Rovers was overshadowed by an alleged incident between assistant boss Graeme Jones and Rovers defender Danny Coles.

Police were called following reports of a scuffle in the tunnel after the match and a man was arrested.

Avon and Somerset Police said a man has been released on bail without charge.

"A 38-year-old man from Swansea was arrested at the Memorial Stadium after a report of an assault on a 26-year-old Bristol man," said a spokesman.

"It followed the Coca-Cola League one fixture between Bristol Rovers and Swansea City.

"The incident took place in the tunnel following the game. The arrested man was released on police bail, pending further enquiries.

"The injured man was treated at the scene for facial injuries."

Rovers boss Paul Trollope said: "I can't say whether we will be taking action as a club at this stage. We will be awaiting the result of the police investigation."

And Rovers safety officer Dave Harper told the club's website: "It was quite heated but I must restrict my comments to that at the present time.

"Danny was one of the individuals involved in the incident but was not arrested."