Partick Thistle vs. Saints 22/03/08

sjfc

We've only lost twice at home this season, once to Hamilton and once to Aberdeen, so the head says draw. However, the Saintees looked to have improved beyond all recognition since the 2-2 game at Firhill earlier in the season and I think you might just nick this.

Fortunately for us, you don't have Kenny Deuchar to score his customary goal against the Jags, but, having ridiculed Rocco Quinn on a number of occasions this season, I can see him making it a hat trick of wonder strikes.

Bigger and better things, eh?

I'd take any kind of win, the days of "Firhill we always win Four Nil" are gone for now. " A narrow one-goal victory will do me.

I'd also love The Maryhill Magyars to do Rangers in the cup replay - then its anyone's cup - including Thistle's.

C'mon the Saintees

I'd take any kind of win, the days of "Firhill we always win Four Nil" are gone for now. " A narrow one-goal victory will do me.

You might want to remind some of your fellow fans of that. Quite a few of them still think of games at Firhill as a formality. Fair enough, we haven't shown at McDiarmid on either of this season's occasions (players and fans), but we're a different proposition at home under McCall.

I just hope we see some decent football and a couple of goals. Witness that, and I'll be happy. Plus, this game gives me the chance to air that half Jags/half Saints scarf I've been working on. :wink:

I just hope we see some decent football and a couple of goals. Witness that, and I'll be happy. Plus, this game gives me the chance to air that half Jags/half Saints scarf I've been working on. :wink:

Okay half jags/half Saints? Imagine a select team from both clubs to play Rangers in the semis. What's your starting eleven. They must be players elligible to play in the league on Saturday, and given our superior league status, there should be no less than six saintees and only five jags. name that team?

Okay half jags/half Saints? Imagine a select team from both clubs to play Rangers in the semis. What's your starting eleven. They must be players elligible to play in the league on Saturday, and given our superior league status, there should be no less than six saintees and only five jags. name that team?

Tuffey

Irvine Rutkiewicz Archibald Twaddle

Quinn Rowson Morris Craig

Jackson Roberts

You'd drop Goran for Marc Twaddle? Alcohol can be fatal go steady JYB. Even with that abberation and few others its a team that could get to the final.

It was a tough choice. My Saintee friends know I hold Goran in the highest regard, but the Twadfather's been in majestic form of late and I think Stanic may just struggle against the pace of Burke. Although it could be argued that his experience and positional sense would see him, and the team, through.

Who would make your XI?

I'd hope we can keep our current form going and sneak this 1-0.

Don't think there will be much in it though and the Jags are more than capable of ending even the faintest hopes we have of winning this league.

Great result against Rangers by the way Jags, hope that it affects you boys the way getting a result against them did to us though.....I think we only took 3 points from the next 18 after that!

Not seen us good at my local park for a while now so would be glad for even a point, a win is needed though and I believe we have more hunger the partick website has this down as a mundane match which I hope its not.

The pitch will be dry this time but not sure what condition it would be in, might have to get james up front for a long ball at some point.