Saints vs. Clyde 25/03/08

Rodgers

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely unprofessional performance from us I am being reliably informed. Have to say that 2 penalty misses in a meaningless game is totally unacceptable. With the players we have out there (who the hell is Clyde's "Kevin Bradley" anyway???? - someone with more hunger than our lot it would appear...), only a major comeback to win 3 or 4-2 will suffice now, otherwise the Big-Time Charlies who think they just have to turn up to get into the side may find their semi-final place under threat...

Completely unprofessional performance from us I am being reliably informed. Have to say that 2 penalty misses in a meaningless game is totally unacceptable. With the players we have out there (who the hell is Clyde's "Kevin Bradley" anyway???? - someone with more hunger than our lot it would appear...), only a major comeback to win 3 or 4-2 will suffice now, otherwise the Big-Time Charlies who think they just have to turn up to get into the side may find their semi-final place under threat...

Meaningless game to us, but to Clyde it's not. They're trying to avoid 2nd bottom and the play-offs.

Totally agree about those who think they just have to turn up. This might be (yet again) the kick in the backside that some need.

2nd match on the trot - If we keep this pish up the Albino's will be the next club to think we throw (ie. we can't win the league so it's no big deal) matches when it suits. Absolute unacceptable lack of effort garbage and totally unfair to Stirling Alb. It stinks - sends out completely the wrong message and will obviously upset them, not to mention our own fans who are paying good money to watch these sort of matches. For goodness sake the season is nowhere near finished - is it? I can't wait for the comments from those that made the effort.

Mad Mental Martin Hardie comes on. Bang one in!

Madness.

Apart from putting Cameron anywhere near the starting line up, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't let Del make the mistake of putting Hardie on in a game we look to have lost already, and having him injure himself again so we see him out for another long period...

Simply amazing that we've gone downhill so fast after it's become obvious that we were out of the race. I hope that no one is surprised that attendances are liable to fall linearly in line with the declining results. What a way to lose the home record - with nothing at stake as well. And despite all the garbage that certain players have been spouting in the press about the need to keep winning. Yeah Yeah.

Difficult to know what to think after that. Del must now show the skills he has to lift a squad who appear to have thrown in the towel. If they can't, or refuse to respond, they should be shown the door - they are not the players that we require to get us out of this purgatory of a league. The cup runs are great, but they are one-off games. We need to develop some bottle and a winning mentality to lift us to the next level - something we haven't had for a good few seasons now.

It's all yours now Del, way to go...

What can you say about that then. Well we made and missed enough chances to win 3 games.Some positives in Weatherston performance and the return of Mad Mental Martin.First half was as bad as I,ve seen us with Main having to make 2 great saves and us looking clueless and totaly uninterested.Sheerins penalty went high over the bar andwith it our home record.

Second half and Saints at last started to play a bit,final realising that playing the ball on the deck was the way to go.Then the big *** did what he does best andit looked game over.Saints then started to pile forwards and missed so many great chances I lost count.Then we get a second spot kick and you start to think we can get something out of this game after all.That the keeper was only booked for the foul when he stopped a clear goal scoring chance seemed to me to be very wrong..Maybe I'm biased but surely he had to go.Up steps Craig and the keeper makes a great save.Unbelievable...

Then Wilson scores with a good header and I really thought we were going to go on and win this one.Clyde went into panic mode but some keystone cops finishing soon put any comeback ideas firmly in the bin...I actually thought it was not a bad game but the bottom line is that they scored more than us and so they deserved thier win.Could name many players who performed very poorly but whats the point...Ah to be a Saints fan!!!!!