Saints vs. Rangers 20/04/08

Finners

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At best you will be cheated out of it by the SFA who will want a guaranteed sell-out for the final. Whoever won testerday was incidental , either club would have brought around 10-15,000 to the final , the *** hordes are now required to make sure that the Scottish showpiece isn't a laughing stock !

I was at the final between United and St.mirren in the eighties . The media said the crowd would be crap cause the old firm were not present. You should know it was nearly a sell out.When it was still standing at hampden.They also said the same about Motherwell / united.We have the potential to take the same if not more than we took to Celtic park in the late eighties against the gers under Totten.Its still a big if , to reach the final.Let our chants be loud,let our screams be heard,hope our team do us proud .

no, not according to Lee-G!!

I know a lot of referees are inclined to give major decisions to either side of the Old Firm. I just think it would be daft to have the pointless discussions about "that dodgy penalty/sending off/goal awarded" etc. We just have to go out and get on with it and hope the referee has no impact on the overall result.

I think if Saints reached the final we'd take upwards of 12,000, but probably not more than 15,000. Everyone would come out for it and would take along just about everyone they possible could. Queens would probably take a similar number. Say 25-30,000 total supporting both sides. The SFA will obviously hand out thousands to business as they always do - and there will be plenty of scope to do that with tons of seats available. I think a Saints v Queens final would also bring out a lot of neutrals. If there were less han 45,000 I'd be shocked.

I think if Saints reached the final we'd take upwards of 12,000, but probably not more than 15,000. Everyone would come out for it and would take along just about everyone they possible could. Queens would probably take a similar number. Say 25-30,000 total supporting both sides. The SFA will obviously hand out thousands to business as they always do - and there will be plenty of scope to do that with tons of seats available. I think a Saints v Queens final would also bring out a lot of neutrals. If there were less han 45,000 I'd be shocked.

I'm not sure I share your optimism. Saints only just managed to get over 10,000 to the League Cup Final in 98, and that's when we were flying high in the SPL. Interest in Saints is a lot lower now - I think if we managed to reach 12,000 we'd be doing pretty well. Call me cynical, but I also think that the Saints travelling support would be dented by the fact that the game wouldn't be against one of the OF (let's face it, there are always some Perth-based OF fans who will buy tickets for the Saints end). I think we'd probably only take around the 10,000 mark. It also concerns me that QoS would potentially even outnumber us.

Still, let's concentrate on getting there first!:)

Of course BH!

I think we had 12,000 last time. That was on a dark, cold, November afternoon. This (if we get there) will (hopefully) be on a glorious sunny May afternoon - maybe get more people out?

Who knows. I don't really care how many people are there supporting Saints at the final - if we get there that's enough for me!

main

irvine ruti ando stanic

hardie morris craig

peaso milne

jacko

subs, cuthbert james sheerin moon mcbreen

shame to drop mcmauns amd weatherston but have to go with best team and subs that can come on and give us something, james for height if needed at set peices near the end and mcbreen for something to prove, height as well

My Team:

Main

Irvine Rutkiewicz Anderson Stanic

Hardie Morris Quinn Craig

Jackson Milne

Substitute: Cuthbert, McManus, Sheerin, Moon, MacDonald

No James? although he's just back his height and ability to get the guys going will be much needed!

None of us on here have a clue wether Del will go 433 or 442 but i suppose that means Walter will have less of a clue!

For me it's 433 since we've played it most of the season and the 3 forwards would give the rangers defence something to think about.

Main

Irvine Rusty James Stanic

Craig Morris Sheerin

Jacko Milne Peaso

Subs-Supermodel bert, Ando, Hardie, Weatherston & McBreen.

The signs are Rocco won't make it just as well cos i don't know who i'd drop.

There was a suggestion in another thread that Morris isn't injured and something has happened behind the scenes which is why he is not getting a game-anyone else hear about this or is it jus rubbish?

Morris isn't injured and something has happened behind the scenes which is why he is not getting a game-anyone else hear about this or is it jus rubbish?

yes i heard that too but I was unsure wether it was jsut a wind up or not. Is it true? I think if it was do you think it has something to do with him and his new child?