We Are Perth - Player of the Year - 2007/08

Player of the Year?  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Irvine, though it was one of a few contenders.

He's been consistent all season, set himself such a high standard of performance when he came in and has pretty much maintained this with just a short loss of form earlier in the year. His versatility in a Mensing stylee has also benefited the manager and his tactics, and more obviously our cup run where he's been moved around to combat the opposition tactics and hasn't looked out of place in any position.

Jackson is undeniable, it's been a fantastic season for the wee man - although you could see it was always going to be like this one day when you watched him play in the 19s. He has a tremendous attitude and has come on leaps and bounds. Definately Young PotY at least.

Rutkiewicz has come back from a hard time of it, and in the past month or so really shown his true form. He was immense against Rangers and delighted to have him signed up for next season.

Anderson also falls in to the category of Jackson and has taken the poorer parts of his game and worked hard to improve them. Plus, he reminds me of Darren Dods with a few of his mazy runs and nose bleeds from going so far forward - just chuffed he doesn't have the own goal count of Dodsy! :oops::mrgreen:

Also got to credit Liam Craig. He's been dynamite. That is all.

Jacko with no question.

I have been known to slag him rotten for not scoring for ages in previous post before the season and I'm super glad I was put in my place.

Jackson can surely take this seasons performance and get stronger for next season. Could he be the next Paul Wright/Roddy/O'Boyle goalscorer for us?!?!?

With all due deference to Andy Jackson who's been excellent, I'm going to plump for Liam Craig who, after a shaky start mostly due to poor discipline and credit to McInnes for sorting that out, has been the most consistant player since Christmas and is a real class act. Makes Rocco look like the show-pony he is.

Credit also due to Irvine, Sheerin and Peter MacDonald. Surprised Weathston had as many as 33 appearances!

Jacko for me also.

Agree Craig has been great for us and had he been there for the whole season then he'd probably get the nod ahead of Jackson.

Jacko's goal return for his first full season as a regular starter has been immense.

Think we will struggle to keep him if he shows the same form again next season.

Jackson for me.....was surprised today that there was no mention of his condition being passed to fans at half-time...any news KEVIN ?

Nothing official from the club just that he was still undergoing tests. My understanding from another source is that he has had a couple of scans at Falkirk to try and find out the root cause of the problem but I could not broadcast that on Saturday! If I find out anything more then I will let folk know althoug there are many more on here far better connected than li'l old me who should be spilling the beans!

• 1 month later...