#04 - 09/08/08 - Greenock Morton (a)

I'm looking forward to our trip to Greenock this weekend ( except for the stand with leg room for dwarfs)...After our efforts at Stenny I would love to see Del go with Savo and Holmes from the start.They really looked a good partnership and although it was a weaker team we were playing I would like to think they would give any team trouble.Hopefully we will take a decent travelling support to Cappielow and I urge you all to get off your arses( cash and work permitting) and get down there to give the boys some vocal support.There seems to be contradictory news regarding the injured players with some papers stating they will all miss out and others saying they will all be fit and available????

As for team selection, I would like to see something like.....

Main /McLean

Irvine,Rusty,James Sheerin.

Millar,Hardie,Morris,Swankie.

Savo,Sherlock.

Subs.McLean/Kelly,Ando,Jacko,Peaso,,McCaffery....

If Rustys not fit then Caff for him and Weatherstone to the bench

If Morris is out, then Sheerin to midfield and Ando to left back.....Or maybe we will have a new LB???

It,s all very complicated but if all are fit, I think that might be our strongest side...What do you think???????

No place for ....Weatherstone(shame) Samuel ( is he still injured???)Mooner(Still injured????).Craig (suspended)..

COME ON YOU SAINTS

COME ON YOU SAINTS FANS....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't argue with ur team ghostie although it is confusing to try pick one with injuries?

i'd take a defender off the bench an replace him with Davie W.

A couple of good victories mean the games can't come fast enough !!

lets hope our man of the moment returns to haunt his old club as long as their goalie doesn't.

Aw are we not behind the goal anymore

They are happy to open behind the goal if there is demand, but we wont take enough numbers down to warrant it.

I can't make it down and I found Cappielow to be dissapointing on the 1 occassion I have been, after having high hopes for the ground. It was a Tuesday night Challenge Cup game so I should give it another chance.

They are happy to open behind the goal if there is demand, but we wont take enough numbers down to warrant it.

I can't make it down and I found Cappielow to be dissapointing on the 1 occassion I have been, after having high hopes for the ground. It was a Tuesday night Challenge Cup game so I should give it another chance.

Go on Noose , you know you want to . Two words DAVIE IRONS . I promise to give you loads of vocal support .

I'm going. Never been to Morton before.

I'll be shouting for 'Big Johnnie' as usual (let's forget the Sherlock, etc). Him and Savo look good right now. Peaso and Jacko less so.

Those of us who do go, can we make a bit of noise? Stenny support was poor, but the game was a bit dull for the most part.

We are top and we want to stay there!

Come on you Saints :D

I'd go-

McLean/ Main

Irvine Rusty James Sheerin

Millar Morris Hardie Swankie

Savo Holmes

Although I like the 4-4-3 I Think we should go 4-4-2 for this one so that Swankie can give Sheerin help if needed on the left side.

Plenty of options for coming off the bench- gk, Caff, Peaso, Weatherston and Jackson. Ando misses out! (Never thought Id drop Ando from my bench!!!!)

Cant wait until Moon, Samuel, Craig and a left back are all options aswell!!!!

I'm Goin, I'm goin, I'm goin down the road! First time to Greenock. Hoping for an even better display than last week. Will be staying in Cumbernauld Fri night so Greenock not too far away! COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!! Agree with Savo and Holmes up front... Sheerin played well at the back last sat when moved there, but was very iffy against ICT. We still need a left back but i go into the match with a little bit of optimism. Will Main be back? McLean was ok last week, pulled off a good couple of saves, although still to see if his confidence increases for crosses and coming off his line. Think we willl win but it will be tight. C'MON THE BLOOOOOOZE!!!!!

However, there will be no new left-back as the search continues to fill the vacant position. There is nothing new to on this and it may well be Paul Sheerin who fills in for the suspended Liam Craig in this defensive role.

We've got to this stage, it's now better Del focuses on getting in Kononen, than settles for someone that he doesn't rate as highly. That search for a striker came in the late nineties and we didn't do too badly whilst looking, so it shouldn't present a massive problem.

Don't get me wrong, it's disappointing he hasn't got someone signed up but there is no way we should be panic buying IMO.

Sheerin will do fine if selecte there tomorrow I'm sure. With the news that Jody, Ando etc... are out as well, we do have a bit of a shortage in midfield as Millar and Hardie are the only two capable of playing there in a 4-3-3. In a 4-4-2, we are short as well, unless Weatherston starts on the right.

I'll be there also. I don't see why we can't take enough fans tomorrow to fill that section in the stand that we are normally allocated, and force the bit behind the goal to be opened. It's the first away game of the season, we have started the season reasonably well, and are sitting top of the league. Plus we took a good crowd to Stenny on Tuesday night so hopefully that can continue.

Mon' The Saints!

Keep The Faith

The lark will be in flight also ,and after listening to dels views the other night at the twooosers meet the manager night i dont think he will tinker with the team to much,and after my spot on 11 for tue i will go with :McLEAN,IRVINE,TRIALIST/LOAN PLAYER,MILLAR,RUSTY,BIG KEV,SWANKS,HARDIE,JACKO,PEASO,PEANUT.SUBS:MAIN,CAFF,HOLMER,SAVO DAVIE W

MON THE SAINTS!!!!!!!! LETS ALL GET OUR SINGING VOICES TUNED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!KNOCK!KNOCK! WHOS THERE? WENDY WENDY WHO?......................................

The lark will be in flight also ,and after listening to dels views the other night at the twooosers meet the manager night i dont think he will tinker with the team to much,and after my spot on 11 for tue i will go with :McLEAN,IRVINE,TRIALIST/LOAN PLAYER,MILLAR,RUSTY,BIG KEV,SWANKS,HARDIE,JACKO,PEASO,PEANUT.SUBS:MAIN,CAFF,HOLMER,SAVO DAVIE W

MON THE SAINTS!!!!!!!! LETS ALL GET OUR SINGING VOICES TUNED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!KNOCK!KNOCK! WHOS THERE? WENDY WENDY WHO?......................................

Of course Del's views were two night's after Savo & Holmes spared our blushes! If you get 100% I'll be on asking for lottery numbers.