Have you had your fill?

Broon

Will you still buy from the caterers at McD?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bargain! 70p cheaper than the chicken balti pie I didn't buy on Saturday :)

Have to say... i thought the balti pie was rather nice. Perhaps a tad expensive at £2.20 but it was far far far better than the steak effort i had against livi.

£2.50 at York.

Wonder what the reason is for the different prices?

Apart from them being greedy feckers who charge what they think the market will bear.

I may be incorrect with my price there, its between £2.20 and £2.50 i think though.

Aye, and you used to be able to go to the pictures, get your shoes shined, buy a new suit, get two fish suppers and a stone of monkey nuts on the way home, with change from £1.80. Nobody has ever had a 'lift over' at McD and it's been open for 19 years now.

Nobody should be getting in free IMHO.

i gather partick and motherwell are letting kids in free this season. think about it a father with two sons, its to expensive to take them what does he do? sits at home on a sat afternoon and his two kids dont get taken to the football, goto school and sees all the **** and **** with there tops on and go with the flow, kids in forr free or even a token 1 pound father goes takes his kids who get it into their heads at an eary age - saints at least one more programme bought and two burgers/ hot dogs and drinks, more money.

if we dont get the next generation through the gates at a young age the clubs dont re generate support and club eventualy dies.

and never been lifted over at mc D but 2 pound when first opened for kids and far larger crowds (though i know adults was much cheeper then) , if the swimming baths let kids under 5s in for free, why not football clubs- not just saints, football is on deaths door in scotland lets re generate the crowds, i also think if drink was brought back in stadia i think it would also help, (though if it was tennents instead of stella going by this poll it would be boycoted) and another thing if aywhere else you goto can let u out for a fag in this country during an intervall or break why the feck cant football grounds. its a feckin joke and we on a whole are treated like annimals

i gather partick and motherwell are letting kids in free this season. think about it a father with two sons, its to expensive to take them what does he do? sits at home on a sat afternoon and his two kids dont get taken to the football, goto school and sees all the **** and **** with there tops on and go with the flow, kids in forr free or even a token 1 pound father goes takes his kids who get it into their heads at an eary age - saints at least one more programme bought and two burgers/ hot dogs and drinks, more money.

if we dont get the next generation through the gates at a young age the clubs dont re generate support and club eventualy dies.

and never been lifted over at mc D but 2 pound when first opened for kids and far larger crowds (though i know adults was much cheeper then) , if the swimming baths let kids under 5s in for free, why not football clubs- not just saints, football is on deaths door in scotland lets re generate the crowds, i also think if drink was brought back in stadia i think it would also help, (though if it was tennents instead of stella going by this poll it would be boycoted) and another thing if aywhere else you goto can let u out for a fag in this country during an intervall or break why the feck cant football grounds. its a feckin joke and we on a whole are treated like annimals

Why dont you write to Mssrs Brown-Duff and Co and give them your ideas-?

I don't think kids should be let in for free as a general policy, but I do think the club should give out free vouchers to schools more often. I can remember when I was a kid, the school would quite regularly hand out free vouchers, and the Ormond Stand would always be packed on those days because many of the kids invariably bring their parents along with them. That said, I don't think there are many of the kids from those days still regularly attending games, so perhaps the long term benefit, creating "fans of the future" etc, isn't really all that big after all. I think Saints always lose a big number of supporters when teenagers leave school and head off to Uni, then lose the bug. I know it comes up a lot, but I still think a student gate would be worth trying in an attempt to combat that.

As for the smoking thing, I imagine it's probably because it would be difficult to keep track of everyone if smokers were allowed out on mass at half-time, particularly as you don't get a ticket to show upon re-entry at McDiarmid. Personally I think it's fair enough. Surely people can manage a couple of hours without smoking!

As for the smoking thing, I imagine it's probably because it would be difficult to keep track of everyone if smokers were allowed out on mass at half-time, particularly as you don't get a ticket to show upon re-entry at McDiarmid. Personally I think it's fair enough. Surely people can manage a couple of hours without smoking

have you seen us play this year, ***

As for the smoking thing, I imagine it's probably because it would be difficult to keep track of everyone if smokers were allowed out on mass at half-time, particularly as you don't get a ticket to show upon re-entry at McDiarmid. Personally I think it's fair enough. Surely people can manage a couple of hours without smoking!

ave you seen us play this year, im pulling my hair out before the end! :)

h

After sending an E-Mail to Lindley Catering I recieved the following reply..

Thank you for your email dated 13th August 2008 regarding the catering facilities at McDiarmid Park.

Lindley Catering Ltd have entered into a contract with St Johnstone Football Club for the next 3 years and as such bring along a wealth of experience managing over 45 contracts throughout the UK and 40 years experience within the leisure sector.

We pride ourselves in delivering good quality branded products at a fair price and it is impossible for me to comment on the quality of the products previously sold at the ground and whether they were branded products or not which would help determine their selling prices.

The selling price of each product we sell is agreed in advance with each of the football clubs we work with at the beginning of each season and is then reviewed annually. As a Catering professional yourself you will only be too aware of the dramatic cost increases of raw ingredients that the industry has saw over the last 12 months.

We pride ourselves in listening to feedback from the fans and I have taken your comment on board about the lack of soup being available at the last game and will ensure that it is available for the next game and moving forward. We strive to review our offer regularly and if we find that one particular line is not popular or we receive feedback from fans that they would like to see a particular line on sale we will always try to cater for it.

I would be happy to meet with you in person at the next game should you wish to discuss this further.

Yours sincerely

Billie Wilson

Area Manager Scotland

Lindley Catering Ltd

Nah!!!! After the start we,ve had to the season I cannae be arsed.At least my missus and my mate the Postie will be happy they're going to do soup,but the pies are rock solid and rank and they didnae even mention that.I will just continue to boycott the food. F uck them.....:twisted:

After sending an E-Mail to Lindley Catering I recieved the following reply..

Thank you for your email dated 13th August 2008 regarding the catering facilities at McDiarmid Park.

Lindley Catering Ltd have entered into a contract with St Johnstone Football Club for the next 3 years and as such bring along a wealth of experience managing over 45 contracts throughout the UK and 40 years experience within the leisure sector.

We pride ourselves in delivering good quality branded products at a fair price and it is impossible for me to comment on the quality of the products previously sold at the ground and whether they were branded products or not which would help determine their selling prices.

The selling price of each product we sell is agreed in advance with each of the football clubs we work with at the beginning of each season and is then reviewed annually. As a Catering professional yourself you will only be too aware of the dramatic cost increases of raw ingredients that the industry has saw over the last 12 months.

We pride ourselves in listening to feedback from the fans and I have taken your comment on board about the lack of soup being available at the last game and will ensure that it is available for the next game and moving forward. We strive to review our offer regularly and if we find that one particular line is not popular or we receive feedback from fans that they would like to see a particular line on sale we will always try to cater for it.

I would be happy to meet with you in person at the next game should you wish to discuss this further.

Yours sincerely

Billie Wilson

Area Manager Scotland

Lindley Catering Ltd

To be fair to them, you cant get a much better reply than that

To be fair to them, you cant get a much better reply than that

Yeah yer right,but they failed to address the quality of the f ucking pies.It,s fine to say " costs increasing etc etc...Thats okay ,but quality of product is important.It,s like saying " dog shit is getting more expensive so we,ll have to charge more" but at the end of the day they're still flogging you dog shit.

Are you gonna eat it????Are you feck!!!!!!!!!

Yours sincerely

Billie Wilson

Area Manager Scotland

Lindley Catering Ltd

This joker should be a feckin politician!