#07 - 26/08/08 - Livingston (a) - Co-Op Insurance Cup

Radford 72

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,m gonna try and calm doon a bit.I just get frustrated and I really am passionate about saints( as I,m sure others are without going daft) and sometimes I just flip.I,m glad Hardie shouted back because it showed he cared.I genuinely feel bad about it now:sad:.I should stick to shouting at the opposition and the ref.

i know you love saints and all that but you just need to do what you said, and calm down. WE need to get behind the team and encourage them. We'll come good:)

I dont know what other moaners were like? However the thing that really pissed me off about the moaner in front of me, was that when saints scored he just sat there and showed little or no emotion.

There is one that is like that every week at Perth, he shouts abuse at McInness non stop (win lose or draw) and sits with his arms folded when they score like someone has stolen his toffee.

I,m gonna try and calm doon a bit.I just get frustrated and I really am passionate about saints( as I,m sure others are without going daft) and sometimes I just flip.I,m glad Hardie shouted back because it showed he cared.I genuinely feel bad about it now:sad:.I should stick to shouting at the opposition and the ref.
utter nonsense as a player thats the last thing you do shout at a supporter. it shows his mind wasnt fully focussed on the game. whether the guy was a toss pot or not. incidently i thought hardie was pish poor and lacked in effort.

utter nonsense as a player thats the last thing you do shout at a supporter. it shows his mind wasnt fully focussed on the game. whether the guy was a toss pot or not. incidently i thought hardie was pish poor and lacked in effort.

Maybe the fact that people were doing this prompted his mind to sway a bit???? You sure like slagging players etc dont you?

I can just picture MMM charging up the stairs to the back of the stand haha!

Reminds me of a Saints game I attended as a kid when the Ormond stand was open to both sets of supporters as a family stand. Some teenagers were giving Andy Rhodes dogs abuse from the stands as he was warming up before the game. Rhodes turns round, jumps the barrier and runs up the steps and confronts them (jokingly). You should have seen their face when he was running up the steps - was a picture.

Thought the whole episode was laughable to be honest.

I can understand why folk get frustrated and shout things out (christ, done it myself on here many a time).

As someone pointed out here a while back: -

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

Exactly.

Just because some people don't see Saints through rose tinted spectacles doesn't mean they're any less of a supporter. This website is all about do gooders up on their pedastal telling others what they should and shouldn't think, should and shouldn't say, etc etc. Yes, it might seem extreme but the angry people obvious

If a fan wants to stand and shout at Saints, then he obviously feels agrieved about something and justified in saying what he's saying, so let him shout to his hearts content. we might not generally agree, but who are we to sensor him?

Maybe if we forgot about bitching about our own in the stands, and made a conscious effort to sing, because it's been embarassingly quiet this season, we might get the moaners to join in.

You can please some of the people, some of the time etc etc etc! The problem is that when you play well and have some modicum of success it is harder to stomach when compared to the bad days at the office. You keep wanting to see quality performances but it aint gonna happen as much as you want it to.

Life is not like that even if our own working lives.

So in the end you just have to grin and bear it. We will win and lose, sometimes we will win ugly, sometimes we will be world beaters (!), sometimes we will be on the end of a hiding and occasionally we will be unlucky in glorious failure.

Part and parcel of being a supporter of the greatest club in the world.

Football is sometimes a frustrating game for fans as it is I suspect for players.Sometimes though through red mist you can go over the top and do or say something which you very quickly regret(fans and players alike).Lots of things can cause that frustration;team playing badly,ref being awful etc..

I went well OTT on Tuesday night and I instantly felt terrible.Not because the player felt he had to respond,or because other Saints fans then started having a go at me,but because it was pretty much unjustified considering we were in extra time and Hardie had only just recovered from a virus.He may or may not have had a very good game depending on your opinion but he was knackered and if we had had another sub then Del might well have taken him off. Of course this was not possible due to circumstances. At the time though, I was very aggitated by the referees performance and the fact that we were losing and I just lost it and reacted without thinking to much.Passion can be a great thing but it can also be destructive.It could quite easily have been any other player but just happened to be Hardie as he lost the ball and turned and shrugged his shoulders( in, I suspect his own frustration) just as my red mist came down.

I,ve done something I,ve never done before and sent the boy a letter of apology because I know I was way out of order.(this is not because I think he might kick my arse before any of you start that pish:laugh:).This does not mean I believe players are above criticism though, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but screaming at players in the manner I did is pretty stupid.

Constructive criticism can be an effective way to rid yourself of frustration and let a player know at the same time that you think they could do better.

I agree with the forumers who get pissed off with fans who are at it from the kick-off,but as has also been said these people are entitled to their opinion and it takes all sorts.People will just have to agree to disagree sometimes.We ARE all fans of StJohnstone and all want the same thing in the end.Times are tough at the moment so lets all try and stick together and get through this..

Jim.....:)

Exactly.

Just because some people don't see Saints through rose tinted spectacles doesn't mean they're any less of a supporter. This website is all about do gooders up on their pedastal telling others what they should and shouldn't think, should and shouldn't say, etc etc. Yes, it might seem extreme but the angry people obvious

If a fan wants to stand and shout at Saints, then he obviously feels agrieved about something and justified in saying what he's saying, so let him shout to his hearts content. we might not generally agree, but who are we to sensor him?

Maybe if we forgot about bitching about our own in the stands, and made a conscious effort to sing, because it's been embarassingly quiet this season, we might get the moaners to join in.

best and most sensible comment on here in ages

Football is sometimes a frustrating game for fans as it is I suspect for players.Sometimes though through red mist you can go over the top and do or say something which you very quickly regret(fans and players alike).Lots of things can cause that frustration;team playing badly,ref being awful etc..

I went well OTT on Tuesday night and I instantly felt terrible.Not because the player felt he had to respond,or because other Saints fans then started having a go at me,but because it was pretty much unjustified considering we were in extra time and Hardie had only just recovered from a virus.He may or may not have had a very good game depending on your opinion but he was knackered and if we had had another sub then Del might well have taken him off. Of course this was not possible due to circumstances. At the time though, I was very aggitated by the referees performance and the fact that we were losing and I just lost it and reacted without thinking to much.Passion can be a great thing but it can also be destructive.It could quite easily have been any other player but just happened to be Hardie as he lost the ball and turned and shrugged his shoulders( in, I suspect his own frustration) just as my red mist came down.

I,ve done something I,ve never done before and sent the boy a letter of apology because I know I was way out of order.(this is not because I think he might kick my arse before any of you start that pish:laugh:).This does not mean I believe players are above criticism though, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but screaming at players in the manner I did is pretty stupid.

Constructive criticism can be an effective way to rid yourself of frustration and let a player know at the same time that you think they could do better.

I agree with the forumers who get pissed off with fans who are at it from the kick-off,but as has also been said these people are entitled to their opinion and it takes all sorts.People will just have to agree to disagree sometimes.We ARE all fans of StJohnstone and all want the same thing in the end.Times are tough at the moment so lets all try and stick together and get through this..

You made a mistake, that cant be changed, but with your letter you have done the right thing.

It takes a big man to admit you were wrong like that. Well done Sir.