Massive blue and white away day army

Ginger Bakers rebel army

Dunfermline Saint , can we please have the wisdom of your local knowledge.

Can you suggest a few local hostelry's , within walking distance of East End park where the hospitality would be welcomining.

Thank you this will help with peoples planning for the day.

Elizabethan is the usual suspect and the East End Inn has also been quoted. The town centre really is not too far away on the other side of the ground and the East Port Bar is probably best. Head stright into the town centre from the roundabout and it is about 600 yards on the right hand side.

Glad that i won't have far to travel for this one! Keep up the good work.

I have to suggest the lizzie as the pub of choice (mainly as I am an ex employee and the most regular regular!).

It's run by a big Pars fan (in both ways) called Rab and if you call ahead with numbers then he should be able to accommodate you (if you ask nicely and tell him Shakey recommended then you might get pies and stuff put on).

It's perfect for people taking the train as it is only a 5 min walk away from Dunfermline Queen Margaret Station and a 10 min walk to the ground.

For anyone who hasn't been over the years then the website has pictures and info. http://www.thelizzie.co.uk

If you would like to contact the owner by e-mail then P.M. me and I will pass it on, although I think contact info is on the website.

For anyone thats intrested there is a parlour derby on at 7 after the game against Dunfermline in the 208. There is still some horses up for sale and races to be sponsored. All proceeds in aid of Perth youth futsal trip to Belguim at the end of november. If anyone wants anymore details feel free to PM me.

Price list:

tickets:£2

horses: £3

Race:£10

Good coverage in the PA again today ,thanks to Gordon Bannerman for keeping this in the public eye. If anyone picks up on any other organised parties ,please keep us posted so we know what is happening and we can keep the PA updated.

Sounds like we have a good selection of pubs to choose from in both directions from the ground. Thanks for the info.

I have had the past pleasure of a sing song or two in the Elizabethan and also in the town centre pubs when we played DUFC there in the cup semi. I think this will be a good day out with an excellent atmosphere. Looking forward to it , no end , hopefully we will have another 6 points in the bag before we get there.

I remember one great chant in the Elizabethan "Where's your Leishman gone - where's your Leishman gone , far far away , you woke up this morning and your Leishman was gone" I bit of good banter just after Leishman went the first time. It was hard to not laugh as we were singing it was so funny.

Saintees here , saintees there!!!!!!

thanks for that radford that was quite interesting. i thought the support last august looked quite reasonable, it didt feel like there wer that many people there last time, ( still remember sheerins miss in the last minute, ) . as for the pars thoughts, only makes me want the thing to succeed more. i really cant wait.

wat are we thikin about a realistic turnout? im hopefull for 4 figures, ideally 1500 + ?!

Radford 72 ,what a great read ,and a fab indication of what another team really thinks of us.

This sort of coverage will help us fill the away end on 1/11. Lets double our efforts to let as many saintees know about this as possible and lets get a commitment from everyone we all talk to to go to EEP that day.

I can't wait to hear the roar from the away end .

Radford 72 can you please keep an eye on their forum and post us an update every few days on what they are saying. It makes great reading.

Lets get a few more buses booked , the train sold out , hundreds of cars and , if someone can do it lets see a tractor or two as well ,preferably decked out in blue and white. Why not! every other team mentions so lets get it right up them!!!!!

as for the pars thoughts, only makes me want the thing to succeed more.

As you say, if ever encouragement was needed, it's there in that thread. In my experience, being told you can't do something only makes you want it and work for it all the more.

Be interesting to hear Ginger Baker's thoughts on how many would be a good turn out. I'd agree that your figure would be respectable and it's what we've taken to Dens Park plenty of times.