Legendary saints v dundee moments...

MUZZ

quite a few down the years, what stands out for you??

todays goal by sheerin is the latest one. 7-2 without a doubt as well.

mate for my age group its always gonna be 4-3. we even made a song about that one.the 1970's are so far away a time of booze aggro and terraces.a part time team against there bigger fulltime neighbour.get it up you derryboy i was in the derry that day 4-3 and gemmell couldnt believe what he was seeing ...

another moment for me personally was paul cherrys last game .we outnumbered the coags at dens as well.

steve maskrey coming back from injury and a packed provie road end {that was where we we were} going fecking ape for ages when he came on ,still gets to me yet.

the 2-2 game at new year 1981 i think .

getting billy dodds as well .

Marc Millar's injury-time debut goal against them in 1999/00. Lee Wilkie's hilarious own goal, four minutes into injury-time at Dens and Nathan Lowndes scoring a double in the last ten minutes to beat them at Dens a few days after coming back from Monaco.

I remember that classic teal and magenta shirt got an outing in the 5-1 game at Dens, where Andy Whiteford scored within a minute for us and Gary Farquhar was outstanding. As those two names suggest, it wasn't even a full strength Saints team.

there's a song about that game to the tune of Bye Bye Blackbird

or was that another game?

New Year derby 02.01.78 away at Dundee

The Derry couldn't believe what they were seeing

When Pele put Number 3 in.

Then the crowd called out for more.

So Derek made it Number 4

Dundee Bye-Bye

What is remarkable is that our home games then in 1976-78 we had smaller crowds than now - 3000, 2048, 3900

Guest Mongy Max

I remember a game at dens, not long after the buy a brick campaign stand was built. we equalised in about the 92nd minute and I just remember Saints fans who had left streaming back in the exit, and bits of stand getting launched everywhere.

Kano's header does it for me though, I fell down about 10 rows in the East Stand - loved it!

there is a 4-4 game to throw in also :) dont get many of them in a history of a club

I seem to recall two 4-4 games. One at Dens back in the 1960's with two hat tricks - Alan Gilzean for Dundee [all scored with headers] and Jackie Coburn for Saints [all with his feet].

The other 4-4 game was an evening game at McDiarmid Park in the early 1990's and was a bad-tempered affair with Saints losing a two goal lead [after Mathers the Dundee goalie was sent off] and then a certain Billy Dodds bringing Dundee back into it.

My mate Neil paid to get into Dens once, aged 23 and claimed he was a boy... the gate-man accepted this and gave Neil his chnage from a tenner at which point, Neil cliamed he had given him £20... the man protested showing Neil a large Ice Cream tub full of tenners... about two thirds of the way down was a £20 note which Neil pointed out to the guy... "Oh sorry" he said handing Neil his very own £10 back!

I thought that was good, but on our next visit, Neil bought a programme for £2 and only had a £20 note... the guy handed Neil his programme and then proceeded to count out £18 of change. Fine you would think except he hadn't taken the £20 note to begin with!!

No wonder they are so financially inept!

not sure of the year , certainly in the last 10, but we beat dundee 2-1 at dens, went 1 down from a ****ing jammy goal when some mugs cross come shot found the top corner, then lowndes came of the bench to score 2 in the secod half. can still picture the faces of the punters in that shed to the left of the away stand.