Random Thoughts

soulfulsaint

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humped everytime we went to Clydebank,Tranent after Berwick,Girvan before and after Stranraer(ferry trips to Ireland),Stonehaven on the way back from Fraserburgh,The Starks bar,We want Falkirk Grahamston,Port Glasgow dancing on the bar and the Local in Glasgow on the same day,The Bier keller in Blackpool,The Prince Of Wales in Ayr,Several stops at Thirsty Kirstys in Dunfermline,Bayview on New Years day,Eaglesham,The two trips to Dublin,The pub at Shrewsbury,Cellery,£1 a drink at the Carousel.

Selling the pies at Muirton - 30 p to Saints fans but 40 p to Hearts , Celtic,etc....

The ball goin straight into the Ice Cream van in the last minute at the Ice Rink end and Saints scoring from the corner to stay top of the league .

George Fleming scoring a screamer at Kilbowie

Being the only person behind the town end goal in a blizzard when the game was on TV - Saints 6 Berwick 2 - McCoist scored 4.

Season Tickets for Muirton Park costing £14

16 buses going to Alloa the day we got promoted - Everyone running on the park when Andy B scored his "overhead kick"

John Pelosi breaking Jim Browns leg at EAP and then the first song at half time being Olivia newton John - Lets get Physical!

John Pelosi jumping off the ground to headbutt a Motherwell defender circa 1979

Winning the first three games in the LC section Hibs (a) 2-1 , Celtic (H) 2-0 , St Mirren (H) 3-2 - We still didnt go thru.

Watching Aird,Aitken,Hall,Connelly,Pearson,at Muirton.

Great uefa cup nights and the captain of Hamburg saying we were the best team he had played against.

Four special trains to Hampden for the League Cup Final.

Alexanders buses running supporters busses every week to away games from the bus station.No booking in those days you just turned up and payed.Once the bus was full they phoned the garage in Riggs Road and got another one down to the bus station.

In the snooker hall Methven Street waiting for visiting fans coming from the train station.

In the middle of the old firm (at the toilets)under the enclosure singing saints songs.

Standing in the enclosure as saints are beating celtic 3-2 and the ref Tiny Wharton playing extra time until celtic scored.

Same ref at tyncastle for semi against Dunfermline and Freddie Aitken scored direct from a coner but Wharton did not give it.(pars won the replay)

getting a lift over the turnstyle at the Ice Rink end from my uncle

Watching from my house on the Dunkeld Road as they took down the one pole floodlights to put up the new ones and at the switch on against West Ham.

What a great place Muirton Park was.

Winning the first three games in the LC section Hibs (a) 2-1 , Celtic (H) 2-0 , St Mirren (H) 3-2 - We still didnt go thru.

That 3 - 2 defeat to St Mirren was the best fitba gemme I saw until the 3 - 1 Jimmy Bone Airdrie game.

Jackie Copland using his arm to clear a McCoist shot in the closing minutes and the ref gives a corner !

Going down to Arbroath around new year( maybe even New years day??) in a mini bus with a black bag full of celery.Singing the celery song all day long. Throwing celery out of the back of the mini bus at passing cars. At the game every time the ref gave a decision against Saints big bits of celery came flying onto the park. The linesman was pissing himself laughing.Great day out. I'll be ****ed if I can remember who won the game though.....:laugh:

Going down to Arbroath around new year( maybe even New years day??) in a mini bus with a black bag full of celery.Singing the celery song all day long. Throwing celery out of the back of the mini bus at passing cars. At the game every time the ref gave a decision against Saints big bits of celery came flying onto the park. The linesman was pissing himself laughing.Great day out. I'll be ****ed if I can remember who won the game though.....:laugh:

3-2 saints me thinks:eek: