#16 - 08/11/08 - Ross County (h)

saints1989

Can't believe that four individal players have been selected for trial by WAP when we're top of the league and on a terrific unbeaten run! What are people's expectations? We can't expect to play well in every game but on the basis of recent showings we can expect a league title. Get a grip folks.

Main - maybe one error

Millar - best player over the season, off -form today yet still showed flashes of brilliance

Caff - Hardly a disaster. Poor sod's on crutches.

Holmes - It's a partnership thing. He compliments Savo. How many times was he fouled/hurt?

Can't we stick to slagging the officials rather than our own boys. Hat's off the wifie behind me who described the ref as an abbreviated C U Next Tuesday:laugh:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, even Morris looked up for a fight. Anyone see the move he did where he seemed to roll over the County player's back? :laugh: Almost got the ball with it, too. For a tiny guy, he's tenacious and some!

Doubt he'll start next week, though, even though we're playing Clyde. we'll need strength and might, not craftiness and speed. I expect Sammy will start, though, and Moon might have an outside chance of a start as well. Wonder if Holmes/Samuel would work?

Me and the father were sat next to a nice old lady who was as vocal as the big lads heckling the ref, and who was as enthusiastic as any. She was obviously a Saintee veteran :laugh:

teams probably are beginning to twig, i hope sammy gets more time on the pitch soon as his ability with the ball at his feet is second to none, when he came on against dunfy he had really good runs and really took the pressure of our defense.

i thought there was a bigger amount of saints fans today and they were certainly more vocal in the corner

Can't believe that four individal players have been selected for trial by WAP when we're top of the league and on a terrific unbeaten run! What are people's expectations? We can't expect to play well in every game but on the basis of recent showings we can expect a league title. Get a grip folks.

Main - maybe one error

Millar - best player over the season, off -form today yet still showed flashes of brilliance

Caff - Hardly a disaster. Poor sod's on crutches.

Holmes - It's a partnership thing. He compliments Savo. How many times was he fouled/hurt?

Tuesday:laugh:

i dont expect us to play well in every single game, however i do expect us to be able to pass the ball alot better than we did today. i didnt think main was at fault for the goal if that was his possibel error, the defense stood still imo and as for holmes he didnt get the service today, him and savo have been an excellent partneship this season

teams probably are beginning to twig, i hope sammy gets more time on the pitch soon as his ability with the ball at his feet is second to none, when he came on against dunfy he had really good runs and really took the pressure of our defense.

i thought there was a bigger amount of saints fans today and they were certainly more vocal in the corner

I think Sammy/Savo is probably the two del will go with. Just not willing to change a winning partnership. Its great to have options, cant remember it being this good. I remember when we had Paul Wright, Billy Doods and Ian Ferguson and thought that was amazing......

Can't we stick to slagging the officials rather than our own boys. Hat's off the wifie behind me who described the ref as an abbreviated C U Next Tuesday:laugh:

Quality "pot/kettle" quote from someone who was unbelievably negative at the start of the season.

Not the best performance over the past 5/6 weeks but it gets the job done. Previous seasons have seen us draw these games and suffer the consequences. Today, we've turned a draw performance into a win....exactly what was needed.

Well played boys, not specifically for today, but for the last 6 weeks.

I think Sammy/Savo is probably the two del will go with. Just not willing to change a winning partnership. Its great to have options, cant remember it being this good. I remember when we had Paul Wright, Billy Doods and Ian Ferguson and thought that was amazing......

I think Sammo/Savo would tear most defenses, even some in the SPL, to bits.

jody morris is loveable wee radge isnt he :)

I'd heard he was small, but christ, he's tiny! He does make up for it with tenacity, though, and a couple of his touches and passes, once he got into the game, were class.

I'd heard he was small, but christ, he's tiny! He does make up for it with tenacity, though, and a couple of his touches and passes, once he got into the game, were class.

You can see what he is trying to do the minute he comes on the pitch his thought process is two steps ahead of the other team members. You see all the players looking for him to set things up (cant decide if this is good or bad)

even Millar who has been one of the main distributors all season long slipped the ball to Jody when he was unmarked.

I was very pleased with the performance today. An important 3 points, we battled well and deserved the victory.

In the first half we struggled against their 5 man midfield. Swankie is a luxury we can't afford if he is not performing. I think Moon in the middle gives us a bit more drive and his main asset is that he is a box to box midfielder which is rare in the game today.

Craig and Sheerin on the left hand side are a class act going forward although against better opposition Craig might struggle at left back. Hardie came onto a game although he still looks off the pace at times. Millar has been a great signing and Irvine looks solid at right back.

Interesting to read that some doubt Holmes contribution, I think he's doing a great job for us up front.

The champagne is on ice !

Excellent win against the Staggies and the assistants/referee who had absolute shockers and only prove that Specsavers aint the correct option....maybe they should get laser surgery.......shocking decisions all through the game......County got away with their physical play, yet when Saints played them at their own game-they mumped and moaned to a ref who listened.

Swankie isn't a luxury we can't afford. He's a class act when he has the ball at his feet. However, if the ball is being punted past him he isn't going to be as big a threat. He was still one of our best players today.

Aye, spot on. All this rubbish about him being "a big game player" and a "scaredy-cat" is far from the truth. Be great to cheer him scoring at Dens to a chorus of "Swankie is a Saintee..."

Excellent win against the Staggies and the assistants/referee who had absolute shockers and only prove that Specsavers aint the correct option....maybe they should get laser surgery.......shocking decisions all through the game......County got away with their physical play, yet when Saints played them at their own game-they mumped and moaned to a ref who listened.

Should have gone to Specsavers...NAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should have gone to guide dogs for the blind:laugh:

Although I have been slightly critical of Swankie I think he will prove to be an excellent signing for us.

However, yesterday we were against a stuffy 5 man midfield which is a tactic a lot of teams will use against us at McDiarmid Park. Hardie and Miller struggled at times against the three in the middle and the wide players have to tuck in to help out. Although Sheerin does this well, Swankie tends to stay out wide leaving us outnumbered in the middle of the park.

Obviously we want to utilise Swankie's ability therefore at times we have to make sure we push one of the full backs on to help out in the midfield rather than sitting with a flat back four.

I actually thought that was his biggest problem yesterday as he spent most of his time in the centre circle leaving the wide open spaces on the right & no one there to recieve a pass.

What was that ref like . does he think use of the hand is permitted in football.

Why no minutes silence for Rememberence or Paddy Buckley ?>