#18 - 29/11/08 - Dundee (a)

Dylan-Saints

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

call me negative if you wish, but i'd be happy with a draw.

With the run of our fixtures in december a draw wouldnt be a bad result as I think we will take 12 from 12 in the fixtures following (here's hoping)

But really a win will claw back the points Dundee gained at the weekend against us and kick them back down again. Interupting their momentum can only be good....

With the run of our fixtures in december a draw wouldnt be a bad result as I think we will take 12 from 12 in the fixtures following (here's hoping)

But really a win will claw back the points Dundee gained at the weekend against us and kick them back down again. Interupting their momentum can only be good....

Dundee did us a favour. They are still 8 points adrift of us.

This will be our toughest test yet, Dundee are on form and have a new lease of life under Jocky, With Hardie out we really have to have every man in the middle pulling their weight. That is why id move Craig to the middle as he is big(ish) energetic and can be very creative. I still dont feel Morris is ready for this game just yet. I dunno what the situation is with McCaffery, Rusty and Holmes (who are all carrying knocks) we will need them fit and ready as Deasley and Curier will offer a very varried attack, this new guy Shinnie is an unknown prospect he could live up to hype and be great or just be another youngster that cant handle the pace of this division. Paton could be the danger man to look out for he seems to be very good at sneaking the odd goal or two. On the good side that new young CB they have is out so that is good and may disrubt there defence enough to give us a few more chances. I think the team shud be:

----------Main----------

-Irvine-Caff-Rusty-Ando-

Millar-Moon-Craig-Sheerin

----Holmes--Savo-------

Subs: Kelly, James, Swankie, Morris, Samuel

how about sammy on the wing in place of sheerin? would that bring more or less to our game?

i expect dundee to fly forward and could see sammy being perfect for a break away

or we could have craig on the left with morris in the middle, craig can get back and help out and bomb forward in attack as we know

is moon - miller better than miller - swankie for the right side of midfield?

this could be a real good game for swankie to really impress for us

Anything but a defeat should be seen as a good result. If we get a draw, although 2 points out of 6 might be seen as a slip up, Clyde and Dundee are 2 difficult away games (although having said that we really should have won at Broadwood!) Hopefully we'll get a big support out and win, but even with the draw we'll be top outright whatever the Pars do this Saturday, and with a fast fading Queens, Morton and Clyde at home in 3 of the next 4, perhaps December is the month where we can kick on in front. Jody (or Mooner) in for MMM would be my only change along with McCaffrey if he's fit again.

Win and we are 11 ahead of them. Whilst not impossible for them to catch up I think it would be a massive psychological result both positively for us and negatively for them.

We always seem to bottle it a bit at Dens for my liking. We are more than capable of going there and beating them though. They are a distincitvely average team in my opinion and I refuse to believe Jocky Scott is now some kind of managerial genius. He is not.