#18 - 29/11/08 - Dundee (a)

Dylan-Saints

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half 10 train, into the Trades for 11. Might take a wee tour of my old student haunts (Nether Inn, Phoenix, Globe) and up to the ground for about 2.45, then meeting a couple of Dees after and gloating about being clear at the top of the league win, lose or draw!

Happy days!

Is it the Phoenix we went to before chopper? Opposite Groucho's? All i remember is the chilli fries!

Indeed it is young Beatson - and I agree with Noose completely.

To make things even better it is Hearts v Rangers or Wolves v Birmingham - 2 games where I hope there are no winners at all so not fussed for staying in a pub that will be showing either. The Phoenix is definitely alright as all they ever show is normally wrestling!!!!!!

This will be our toughest test yet, Dundee are on form and have a new lease of life under Jocky, With Hardie out we really have to have every man in the middle pulling their weight. That is why id move Craig to the middle as he is big(ish) energetic and can be very creative. I still dont feel Morris is ready for this game just yet. I dunno what the situation is with McCaffery, Rusty and Holmes (who are all carrying knocks) we will need them fit and ready as Deasley and Curier will offer a very varried attack, this new guy Shinnie is an unknown prospect he could live up to hype and be great or just be another youngster that cant handle the pace of this division. Paton could be the danger man to look out for he seems to be very good at sneaking the odd goal or two. On the good side that new young CB they have is out so that is good and may disrubt there defence enough to give us a few more chances. I think the team shud be:

----------Main----------

-Irvine-Caff-Rusty-Ando-

Millar-Moon-Craig-Sheerin

----Holmes--Savo-------

Subs: Kelly, James, Swankie, Morris, Samuel

Back to the actual game instead of 5 pages on boozers!!

I suspect you might be about right with that side but maybe James for Caff and Morris for Sheerin with Moon moving out 1.

Back to the actual game instead of 5 pages on boozers!!

I suspect you might be about right with that side but maybe James for Caff and Morris for Sheerin with Moon moving out 1.

do we actually need james, personally i hope he doesnt get near the team, said in the paper caff and holmes should be fit for the game and ando could move in at left back

I wouldn't be averse to starting Samuel, although that would mean dropping Savo or Holmes, neither of whom deserve to be out of the team. Tough call. Mooner in for Hardie and the same line up as we've had every other week I'd say.

confirmed in couple of papers that Jody getting his first start on season unless thats all mind games.......

Would recommend The Counting House on Reform street an excellent pub before the game, good food, cheap beer, loads of ales and its massive and only a 20min walk to stadium. If bevvyin in the phoenix or nether inn then would recommend walking towards the taxi rank and getting the 22 bus which takes 5mins to Dens Road and costs £1.10.

Assuming everyone reports healthy tomorrow morning i would hope the line up would look like this:

Main

Irvine Dinky Caff Ando

Miller Jody Mooner Craig

Homer Savo

Hillcoat, KJ, Peanut, Gav, Sammy

Hate to leave Sheerin out the team because he has very little impact from the bench whether brought on to try and find a goal in last 15mins or to defend a lead however i feel that Mooner and Jody are the energy and pace we need in there. Ando in at left back due to the way dundee play and having learnt so much from the Dunfy game. Sammy and Swanks will be class off the bench but i dont think this game is right for either of them to start.

I can see Del needing all three subs as Jody will tire for Peanut, Homer will tire for Sammy and Swanks will be required at some point.

Cant believe i have left Peaso and Jacko in the stand. Along with Nicky Mc and Morgan.

i normally just take car but fancy a drink for this 1 so getting 1207 choo choo from stirling arriving in scumville at 1. am i best getting a bus from the station or is it within walking distance. if bus which no.?

All the cool kids are gonna be on the half ten train. :cool: