#20 - 13/12/08 - Morton (h)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a pretty poor game but I don't give a ****. Three points and great relief among the Saints fans.A draw would have been a fair result as Morton were the better of the sides in the first half and we were on top in the second. But it wasn't a draw.Yeeeehaaaaaaaaaa...Performance wise, we struggled again to break a side down and there were a few poor individual performances but I'm not going to bother going into them. Others will do that.

We got ourselves out of a hole at the end....Not vintage by any means but I'll take it....

Dundee f.c. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and did I say HAHAHAHA

Very important win, however when I saw Sheerins number going up when Holmes was coming on I almost fainted!

Savo was poor today, should have been hooked at half time for Holmes

Morris was awful, if standing in the centre circle and pointing made an impact he would be the best player in the world, he offers nothing at all, we would be better off playing Swankie out on the wing with Miller and Hardie in the middle

I heard that Dunfermline scored while the Queens keeper was down with a serious injury, now, do you think if we scored in that situation the goal would stand? Not a change

Every throw in McGuffie took was a foul as he had at least one foot on the pitch, noth linesman and the ref has absolutely no interest in giving us anything today

Get it up ye Davie Irons, hope Jim Weirs there to deck ye again!

how can you say morris was awful? barely wasted a pass. hardie and millar done next to nothing

I though Mark Reily was back in the team for a moment

He made no positive impact at all on the game, didn't run at all and shouted at the rest of the team constantly

Waste of space he is, since he's been back in the team the creativity has completely disapeared

Hardie was clearly injured after a shocking challenge and Miller is completely wasted out on the wing- he is a quality player so should be in the middle of the park

Morris has not done a thing for the club

The best midfield is Sheerin Hardie Miller and Swankie

I heard that Dunfermline scored while the Queens keeper was down with a serious injury, now, do you think if we scored in that situation the goal would stand? Not a change

Every throw in McGuffie took was a foul as he had at least one foot on the pitch, noth linesman and the ref has absolutely no interest in giving us anything today

Get it up ye Davie Irons, hope Jim Weirs there to deck ye again!

With that kind of paranoia I'm amazed you're not a Celtic fan.

Absolute nonsense. Admittedly he's finding it tough to get back from injury this year but he made a real difference after his arrival last year. He can win the ball, pick a pass and most importantly his ball retention is normally excellent.

Absolute drivel, what difference did he make last year?

We were mid table when he arrived and finished in the same position

I though Mark Reily was back in the team for a moment

He made no positive impact at all on the game, didn't run at all and shouted at the rest of the team constantly

Waste of space he is, since he's been back in the team the creativity has completely disapeared

Hardie was clearly injured after a shocking challenge and Miller is completely wasted out on the wing- he is a quality player so should be in the middle of the park

Morris has not done a thing for the club

The best midfield is Sheerin Hardie Miller and Swankie

sheerin good football player..............too slow......hardie too slow not interested.......... millar jury still out but should be able too play anywhere......swankie bit of a luxury player and today wouldnt have suited him at all coz he cant battle.

as for jody morris class above the rest and when fully fit that will be shown

just back from the game and im not a happy bunny, ok we won, course im pleased, its a win but looking at the game as a whole. thats two weeks in a row, we're not looking like a good team anymore. its just stupid things that are causing these problems.

keeper and the defence is looking really good, looking confident.

chris millar has been out best player this season so far however today and the QOS game he has been gash, getting subbed today and im sure he got subbed off last game. CHRIS MILLAR IS NOT A RIGHT MID!!!

jody played well today, but sometimes can slow the game down to much.

martin hardie, hes a ****ing woman atm! always on the ground, he causes more hassel for us than the other team.

and for **** sake, if your going to play the long ball, stop playing it up the middle, you will never win it unless you have homes on but even then its just a waste

we could be such a better team, we've got the players to play football, why dont we do it :evil:

was funny how police told us to sit down after we score the goal - ****ing joke as per

OK we didn't play well today but it is hard when a team comes to sit in and play on the break. It's about time we had a late winner.

SJC you don't half talk a lot of nonsense. Jody was good today. He is a calming influence and we need a player who can retain the ball with ease.

Get used to these sort of matches. Saints are the team to fear in the league at the moment and teams will come to us to get anything they can. Morton and QoS have both played 10 men behind the ball and try and hit us on the break.

We need patience and we need to try and draw the team out there is no good getting on their backs when they try and play posession football. Having Jody there as the playmaker slowing it down and directing traffic is what we need.

Overall pleased with the performance and very pleased with the result.

OK we didn't play well today but it is hard when a team comes to sit in and play on the break. It's about time we had a late winner.

SJC you don't half talk a lot of nonsense. Jody was good today. He is a calming influence and we need a player who can retain the ball with ease.

He's great at retaining the ball because he gets it in his own half where no opposition player will challenge him as he is not a threat

He did nothing today, his corners and delivery were awful- Liam Craig certainly knows how to take a corner and we scored from it

I don't think the performance was acceptable but to gain three points and a clean sheet from it is an achievement in itself. Morton are a big, physical team who bullied us for the entire game today and I felt we really struggled to match their physicality. This was the sort of game Holmes would have been better suited to as he can stand his ground in a way that Milne and Samuel can't although the latter came in for some really rough treatment that shouldn't have gone unpunished.

To throw on another striker at the expense of a midfielder reducing an already struggling midfield to three men wasn't a decision that I agreed with and could easily have gone against us. It didn't, but how much of that was down to luck as opposed to judgement? While we remain unbeaten, keep clean sheets and pick up three points it's always going to be difficult to criticise the players or the manager but an element of entertainment has to come into play at some stage. There were a number of poor performances from Saints players today. The full backs did not cope with the threat Morton possess down the flanks, the pace of the game outwitted Sheerin and Hardie struggled in the middle. The centre halves were outstanding though and Samuels threat was only nullified by a series of heavy fouls that were ignored by the referee. Morris also had a good game in the centre of midfield.

I don't necessarily agree that Morton came to Perth with a view to draw the game either. I thought they got forward much more than we did but ultimately the lack of decent strikers was their downfall. They closed us down and harrassed us for the entire game, that's not the same as simply standing a wall of ten or eleven men behind the ball in the way that maybe Queens did the week before. They also didn't waste time when the game was still at 0-0 in the way Queens did the week before.

Overall, I'm a bit on the fence with this one. I am happy to have won the game but I am not happy with the way several players played and am slightly concerned that both McInnes and the players have lost the concept of simplicity. We made it as hard for ourselves as Morton made it for us.

Thought we were piss poor today, why play our best player wide right when he can't. Millar is the best creative midfielder in the league but we play him out of the game.

Savo looks tired and needs a rest for a week or so, Peaso looks hungry for a start.

They seem to have lost there fight they had and it will eventually cost them unless they address the problems now.