#21 - 20/12/08 - Airdrie United (a)

Despite a recent poor run of performances, I am again looking forward to the weekend's match. Even though we are not exactly cruising week after week, we are still grinding out results and we remain top of the league. No need for panic stations just yet. It is a good time to be a Saints fan. So I will be heading to this one despite succumbing to a pretty bad throat infection in the last week! I hope Saints will reward my faithful nature with a win against Airdrie, a side for whom a win is just as vital, although for different reasons. I would be delighted with the 3 points no matter how we play. Any team can beat any team on their day, so we can't be complacent. I expect a physical battle again this week, so it is a necessity to continue with Hardie in the centre of midfield. Apart from that, I would keep the team as similar as possible, with the possible exception of Milne. It seems as if he is running out of ideas at the moment, so maybe a little rest would be beneficial. I would even consider starting MacDonald. He must be hungry to prove himself at the moment. However, it wouldn't be surprising if McInnes were to prefer the idea of Holmes replacing Milne.

Main

Irvine Rutkiewicz McCaffrey Craig

Millar Hardie Morris Sheerin

Samuel MacDonald

Subs : Hillcoat, Anderson, Moon, Swankie, Milne/Holmes

It won't be a pretty affair, but winter matches are rarely anything other than gritty. We will have to dig in for the win and show the stuff of champions.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Craig

Samuel Morris Hardie Swankie

Peaso Holmes

Subs: Hillcoat, Moon, Sheerin, Savo, Anderson.

I would love to see us with two guys in the box who can head a ball and two guys down the wing. Swankie and Samuel would tear into Airdrie down the flanks.

i like that thought actually.

would be interested to see

main

irvine ruti caff craig

sammy millar morris swanks

peaso holmes

but, why change a winning formula. as they say

So no pitch inspection ?

It would seem not!!!!!!! I have checked all the official sites and they is no word of any planned inspection. The weather here in Perth this morning is lovely if a little cold.Blue skies, no frost and the wind has dropped considerabley since last night.Looking forward to this match and can't wait to get going....

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!

Are we gonna have a good sing-song today??? Lets give it laldy...

choir.JPG

From the official website...

"Manager Derek McInnes has expressed surprise that the Diamonds are at the foot of the table and having seen their game in midweek against Clyde is in doubt that his players will need to be on top of their game to secure the three points."

is that a typo or has del just turned very cocky and complacent?

:laugh:

from my understanding that looks like he thinks it will be an easy game. no game in this division is easy (except dundee :laugh:)

From the official website...

"Manager Derek McInnes has expressed surprise that the Diamonds are at the foot of the table and having seen their game in midweek against Clyde is in doubt that his players will need to be on top of their game to secure the three points."

is that a typo or has del just turned very cocky and complacent?

:laugh:

from my understanding that looks like he thinks it will be an easy game. no game in this division is easy (except dundee :laugh:)

Pedantic f*cker