#22 - 27/12/08 - Clyde (h)

Right, yesterdays gone and next up are Clyde. A bit of a bogie side for Saints this term ( and others). Well I'm positive this week, positive that we will beat them at McD. McInnes will need to decide what he thinks is our best side and our strongest formation and stick with it from here on in.We are top of the league and frankly , it's time to show why we are top of the league. We need to get more positive as a team and start trying to win matches instead of trying to make sure we don't get beat. We are the best team in this league, we have the best squad in this league, we have very few injuries and we need to start believing that we will win the championship.

As for Clyde, they are certainly getting better and must be gaining a fair bit of confidence which I think will ensure that they come to McD. with the attitude that they CAN beat us. This should mean it's a much more open game than we have see of late in Perth.Obviously we must be at the top of our game if we are to win , but I believe we will be. We must concentrate for the full 90 minutes, but I believe we can and will. We must use craft and guile and above all we as a team MUST believe that winning is the most important thing and and be prepared to sweat blood and tears to reach our ultimate goal.

Team wise, barring injuries, I want to see this.....

MAIN

IRVINE, ANDO, RUSTY, CRAIG

SWANKIE, MILLAR, MORRIS, SHEERIN.

SAVO, JACKO.

Subs. Baldy(Mclean) Holmes, Moon, McDonald, Hardie...

Injured ..James. suspended Caff....

No place for...Samuel, Morgan, McKoy ( if he's still with us???)

No defenders on the bench two attackers,two midfielders. If needed Sheerin could fill in at LB in the event of an injury...Positive line-up giving out a positive message......

*** we need to sign at least 2 defenders in the window***

Come on Saints!!!!!!!

The time for pissing about is now OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, yesterdays gone and next up are Clyde. A bit of a bogie side for Saints this term ( and others). Well I'm positive this week, positive that we will beat them at McD. McInnes will need to decide what he thinks is our best side and our strongest formation and stick with it from here on in.We are top of the league and frankly , it's time to show why we are top of the league. We need to get more positive as a team and start trying to win matches instead of trying to make sure we don't get beat. We are the best team in this league, we have the best squad in this league, we have very few injuries and we need to start believing that we will win the championship.

As for Clyde, they are certainly getting better and must be gaining a fair bit of confidence which I think will ensure that they come to McD. with the attitude that they CAN beat us. This should mean it's a much more open game than we have see of late in Perth.Obviously we must be at the top of our game if we are to win , but I believe we will be. We must concentrate for the full 90 minutes, but I believe we can and will. We must use craft and guile and above all we as a team MUST believe that winning is the most important thing and and be prepared to sweat blood and tears to reach our ultimate goal.

Team wise, barring injuries, I want to see this.....

MAIN

IRVINE, ANDO, RUSTY, CRAIG

SWANKIE, MILLAR, MORRIS, SHEERIN.

SAVO, JACKO.

Subs. Baldy(Mclean) Holmes, Moon, McDonald, Hardie...

Injured ..James. suspended Caff....

No place for...Samuel, Morgan, McKoy ( if he's still with us???)

No defenders on the bench two attackers,two midfielders. If needed Sheerin could fill in at LB in the event of an injury...Positive line-up giving out a positive message......

*** we need to sign at least 2 defenders in the window***

Come on Saints!!!!!!!

The time for pissing about is now OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghostie, I think the only change to that would be replacing Jacko with Holmes and dump Hardie from the bench with Samuel taking his place.

Time is right to pitch Jacko into the fray, might just give Savo and Holmes a bit of a kickstart too. Midfield needs to be structured better - on Saturday Millar kept thinking he was a central mifielder whereas he'd clearly (and wrongly IMO) been asked to play wide right. I'm going for:

Main

Irvine Ruti Ando Craig

Swankie Millar Moon Sheerin

Jackson Holmes

Subs: Hillcoat, Morris ,Savo, Hardie, Sammy

I thnik it might b a good game to take a bit of a chance, things haven't been going to well recently and the team as a whole have looked a bit flat, I know there been alot crying out to revert to 4-4-2 but we're the home side and the onus is on us to win the game and I suppose we can expect Clyde to do as others have and pack the defence and make us beak them down (although Dunfermline score suggests they might not) so extra width and men in midfield may serve us well.

I'd go:-

MAIN

Irvine Rusty Ando

Swankie Millar Morris Sheerin Craig

Jackson Holmes

Subs:- Hillcoat, Samuel, Savo, Moon, Peaso

Moris would most likely sit a bit deeper and protect the back three and Millar might have to do a bit of tracking back for Swankie.

As has been said, Clyde have been a bit of a bogie team so I think we should have a real go at them.

I've had Hardie in my side every week up until now but it's getting harder to justify picking him and we might get away without him on Saturday. They specifically had a player mark him at Broadwood, so there's a chance we'll catch them off guard if he starts on the bench too. McInnes is hopefully that Moon and MacDonald will be available again and I'm torn between Moon in the middle or Millar as they are weak at left wingback, so it might be to our advantage to have Swankie up against whoever they have there. The German that played there at Broadwood has left them.

If Swankie plays, the delivery might be more up Holmes' street too, especially with the Wizard pinging them in from the left. I do find it a bit amusing how Jacko was getting punt on loan last week and is now back starting in most sides! I'd probably start with Samuel though, as Savo's gone a bit off the boil.

Main

Irvine - Rutkiewicz - Anderson - Craig

Swankie/Millar - Millar/Moon - Morris - Sheerin

Samuel - Holmes

Subbies: Hillcoat/McLean, Swankie/Moon, Hardie, Milne, Jackson/MacDonald.

I was one of the ones who thought Jacko Fitness wise could benefit from a short stint away from the club....but his appearance at the weekend (surprised by this) and yet another draw leads me to think, something has to change and perhaps he is the man!

Crunch, crunch the sound of humble pie being swallowed!

I do find it a bit amusing how Jacko was getting punt on loan last week and is now back starting in most sides!

Absolutely! I read somewhere else that we don't have a poacher in our squad, pretty sure the author was one of the dudes calling for Peaso to be moved on in January:?

We have the best pool of strikers in the league. I'd swap any of them for Curier and all bar Jacko for McMenamin, but Dundee can't match us for depth of quality. No pleasing some folks.

McInnes will need to decide what he thinks is our best side and our strongest formation and stick with it from here on in.

I'm sure you're cutting and pasting this phrase every week! It's true though. I believe Del should pick a side and stick with it. It's the only way to breed confidence in the team

Well crew of 8 of us going to rangers game but i think i'll get another voucher at this game for 2 other saintees who arent season ticket holders. Do i have to specifically ask for the voucher or do they just give it to you when you pay to get in?

They just gave me mine when I payed in at the Morton game which is a bloody good thing because my mind escaped me for a brief second and I completey forgot about the voucher.

I do find it a bit amusing how Jacko was getting punt on loan last week and is now back starting in most sides!

...and that everyone thinks Swankie should start despite the fact no-one voted for him in MoM against Airdrie and the average comment about his performance was that he was invisible!

Main

Irvine Ando Rusty Craig

Samuel/Millar Morris Hardie/Millar Sheerin

Jacko Holmes

Subs: Hillcoat, Moon, Peaso, Savo, Swankie

Time to give Jacko a start alongside Homer?

...and that everyone thinks Swankie should start despite the fact no-one voted for him in MoM against Airdrie and the average comment about his performance was that he was invisible!

Swankie was good against Airdrie. He got a couple of good runs and balls into the box. We looked better when both him and Jacko were on the park.

From what I could see he drifted back into the middle a lot of the time vs Clyde, but that could have been to cover for the bald backpasser and MM.

I assume you mean Airdrie? I never saw any instructions to go wide. I think he was following Del's pre-match instructions perfectly. Don't understand why people assume he should be playing wide right.

The official site decreed that the formation was 4-3-3 so you would expect the midfield three to be narrow, wouldn't you?