Nonsense in the stand

Rodgers

Was really surprised that the police took no action when they started singing the Hokey Cokey either. I feel an email of complaint tot eh SFA coming to mind here..........

That whole story was bollocks to start with. An MSP read on a Celtic forum that the song had sectarian roots, and Rangers fans planned to sing it. He then wrote to the police, the fiscal, Rangers and everyone else who would listen, to get it stopped. Rangers fans have been threatened with losing their season tickets for singing it at Ibrox.

The thing is, ask any Rangers fan and they knew nothing about it until the MSP made a fuss. A couple of weeks ago someone tried to get a Rangers fan flung out at an away game for singing it, the local police officer said "you're not in Glasgow son - grow up" :-)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a couple of young Rangers fans who were sitting in the bottom rows of the ormond end of the east stand. After Rangers scored their second goal, they joined in with the celebrations of the ormond stand Rangers fans. A Saints fan complained to the police who were doing their best to act oblivious and he was merely told to sit down. In the end, a steward removed them with no help from the police but I believe they were subsequently allowed back in. Segregation enforcement was pathetic.

I watched game on tv and heard 'monkey' noises when Samuel had the ball, but it was undoubtedly part of a song that was already being sung, so I would be reluctant (on this occasion) to pin any blame on the scumbags. On the subject of 'Hokey Cokey' I am astonished that this suddenly became a sectarian issue. I heard it originated at Killie a few months back where the tannoy man played it purely to take the p*ss out of the Celtic 'huddle'. Some jokes really are just this puerile, but there's always some H*n / T*m ready to take offence and turn it into an issue.

The Perth Loyal flag was a joke. Doubt the dictionary would consider their actions to be in any way loyal. What was funny a is that there were about twenty empty seats around the flag. Seems that the ' half-full true blues' can't even make it to games in their own town never mind away matches. Even glory hunting is a victim of the recession.

I think someone on my bebo has a picture of that flag. Is it a huge Orange one? I will try to find it and post the picture.

Yet again the stewards an polis go way to far. everytime we get a big game they wade in like we've started a riot, just for supporting our team! something has to be done about this!!

afraid to say geoff broon selt oot last night! too many of them in the ground!!

Yet again the stewards an polis go way to far. everytime we get a big game they wade in like we've started a riot, just for supporting our team! something has to be done about this!!

If more money was spent on the team rather than the police and stewards think how many players we cud afford :L

But really geoff browns time has passed he thinks the fans are gonna try a riot with any team that comes to perth and the police always steam in for no reason at all

quick question - to work as a bouncer at a club you need to hold a licence, is this the same for the ones they let be "security" at football?

Yes, and they have to do the enhanced licence as well if they are dealing with children. They also have snatch squads available to them who are trained to negotiate then subdue with minimal force if the person is not being reasonable and co-operating.

The Club doesn't decide the number of Polis required at a game, the Polis do...and charge the Club accordingly. Many, many £s!:roll: SJFC wouldn't have had much say in the matter I'm afraid...:roll:

5 polis standing across the road from the 208 after the match, 1 of which had a dog, so I walked over to them and asked how they justify 5 at a Gers game and 0 at a Dundee game, bearing in mind that is the place that anything kicks off. Arrogant **** said "Is that everything" and turned round to his mate. ****s.

If more money was spent on the team rather than the police and stewards think how many players we cud afford :L

But really geoff browns time has passed he thinks the fans are gonna try a riot with any team that comes to perth and the police always steam in for no reason at all

That is probably one of the most moronic posts I've ever read from a Saints fan on this website. Geoff Brown - as stated by 1884 - doesn't decide how many police officers attend any given game. The police assess the level of crowd anticipated and send an appropriate number of officers that they see fit to police whatever that number is. Think about what you're saying before you talk such nonsense.