Nonsense in the stand

Rodgers

5 polis standing across the road from the 208 after the match, 1 of which had a dog, so I walked over to them and asked how they justify 5 at a Gers game and 0 at a Dundee game, bearing in mind that is the place that anything kicks off. Arrogant **** said "Is that everything" and turned round to his mate. ****s.
One of my mates heard them noose,easy shift for them.The old bill want respect.They have a long long way way to earn it.Nobody trusts them anymore.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw a young guy in front of me get kicked oot just before full time for standing up singing a song(anyone know the poor sod) he was not the only 1 as i was standing up 2& many more.the FAT PIGGY PC BAST*RD just had it in for him i took the pigs number & told him he was a cock & was making a complaint i will be sending an email to the old bill HQ later.the old bill are a joke the **** get to stand the giving fascist salutes while singing the songs & **** all gets done about it wanks

That is probably one of the most moronic posts I've ever read from a Saints fan on this website. Geoff Brown - as stated by 1884 - doesn't decide how many police officers attend any given game. The police assess the level of crowd anticipated and send an appropriate number of officers that they see fit to police whatever that number is. Think about what you're saying before you talk such nonsense.

And you can bet that every single one of them is on a minimum of 4 hrs overtime and the club is charged about £70 per officer per hour (constable)

£100+ per hour for a Sgt / Inspector.

No wonder clubs struggle.

And they wonder why Tayside Police was top of the charts for most complained about force in Scotland!!

Where I was sat I saw a number of occasions where they were just randomly trying to grab folks who were up singing when 2/300 of us were up singing! Saw a couple of guys (one about ages with me with his son!) just shrug off the attempted arm grab and tell them p*** off and the cop turned round and looked for someone else instead!

What happened near the end of the match was entirely their own doing - nothing like lighting a touch paper! That's the worst handling of a match at McDiarmid I've seen for a while.

"MY dad said he heard it on tv. Juts after the fourth official held up the time to say three minutes left I started walking to the other side of the stand to go to the carpark samuel got the ball and was running towards goal and they made monkey noises it was quite loud"

Watching it on the box again I think it was our support chanting oo oo oo to be a Saintee

Yes, and they have to do the enhanced licence as well if they are dealing with children. They also have snatch squads available to them who are trained to negotiate then subdue with minimal force if the person is not being reasonable and co-operating.

Guess you would know better than me Kev, but I've done Stewarding as a temp (not at a football match though) and I didn't need any sort of Licence.

anyone know the lads who went on???

From todays COURIER -:

Sheriff accused of supporting Dundee

A PERTH youth who admits challenging opposing football fans to a fight during St Johnstone’s match against Rangers this week came close to being charged with contempt of court yesterday.

Aaron Muteithia (17), of Greenbank Road, Glenfarg, and Ray Stevenson (19), of Nimmo Avenue, Perth, both admit that on Tuesday at McDiarmid Park, Perth, they conducted themselves in a disorderly manner by shouting, swearing, running from the East Stand on to the trackside, running and gesticulating towards opposing supporters, challenging said supporters to fight, making sectarian comments and committing a breach of the peace.

They also admit that the offence was aggravated by religious prejudice.

The incident happened as St Johnstone lost 2-0 to Rangers in the fourth round of the Homecoming Scottish Cup.

Paul Ralph, solicitor for Muteithia, said that the “romance” of the cup tie was too much for his client.

Muteithia was remanded in custody and he asked Sheriff Lindsay Foulis, “Is that because you are a Dundee FC fan?”

Sheriff Foulis replied, “If you don’t shut up you will find yourself charged with contempt of court.”

Sentence was deferred on both men until Wednesday, February 11 for background reports

Muteithia was remanded in custody and he asked Sheriff Lindsay Foulis, “Is that because you are a Dundee FC fan?”

Sheriff Foulis replied, “If you don’t shut up you will find yourself charged with contempt of court.”

Sentence was deferred on both men until Wednesday, February 11 for background reports

That is gold. His actions were stupid, he may be a OF t*** etc, but that line is legendary. A wannabe saintee.

5 polis standing across the road from the 208 after the match, 1 of which had a dog, so I walked over to them and asked how they justify 5 at a Gers game and 0 at a Dundee game, bearing in mind that is the place that anything kicks off. Arrogant **** said "Is that everything" and turned round to his mate. ****s.

Classic Tayside.

They have a reputation around other forces in Scotland as 'the laughing stock' due to there general lack of lack of common sense and decency.

They get into the game for free + paid OT, so of course there will be more wanting to see the **** than Dundee.

Plus they enjoy the confrontation with Saints fans, but appear completley scared Shitless of any fans from Glasgow.

Classic Tayside.

They have a reputation around other forces in Scotland as 'the laughing stock' due to there general lack of lack of common sense and decency.

They get into the game for free + paid OT, so of course there will be more wanting to see the **** than Dundee.

Plus they enjoy the confrontation with Saints fans, but appear completley scared Shitless of any fans from Glasgow.

I don't normally comment on police stuff because it's normally not worthwhile but that is a ridiculous post and sounds like it's coming from a 15 year old ned. I don't really agree with everything the police do and don't do at and around football matches either but the stuff you're coming out with is just rubbish.

I think you've just made up the thing about Tayside Police having a "reputation" among other forces. Everyone from every force just gets on with the job in their force area.

Known for a lack of common sense and decency? You can't label a whole Police force as having all the cops being exactly the same, that's ridiculous. Every force has it's share of very strict officionados (sp) who might let you away with less (and there are some complete arseholes like in any walk of life) as well as more laid-back cops which, I can assure you there are plenty in Tayside who are happy to let you off with a warning for minor offences for which you could be charged with. You can't tar all of them with the same brush just because you once maybe encountered a police officer you didn't like.

Secondly the comment about police officers choosing to attend certain games. That's a good one! Cops are allocated to be on duty at a specific match not by themselves but by their superiors (Inspector or Chief Inspector usually) who decide these thing weeks before the event and organise a plan which includes who is going to be attending, (can't remember what you call it but you get what I mean) much the same as any other big gathering which needs to be policed.

And the thing about overtime, they'll only get overtime if they are working the game outwith their current shift. So if a cop's already worked a full shift that day say, and is listed to be on duty at the football and it comes after his/her normal tour of duty has ended which will be another couple of hours to work and be away from his/her normal life you're saying he/she doesn't deserve overtime because he/she's a cop? Are you mad? If the match is during the shift they are on they don't get paid overtime so just like any other job in this respect really.

These posts really pee me off. If you have an opinion on something specific that has happened then fine, let's discuss it but to just bad mouth and allege things which simply aren't true is just stupid and, like I say sounds like it's coming from the mouth of a young idiot.

Rant over folks! :D

And you can bet that every single one of them is on a minimum of 4 hrs overtime and the club is charged about £70 per officer per hour (constable)

£100+ per hour for a Sgt / Inspector.

No wonder clubs struggle.

Thats exactly how i see it ?

The Police dont give a fu*k about the supporters as long as they get the money they dnt care bout anyone else!!

think of the money that saints got charged for all they (unneccesery) police officers that are out to ruin what was meant to be a good occasion?

Well said aincientsaint at least some1 can see that more money goes towards them than really needed

Thats exactly how i see it ?

The Police dont give a fu*k about the supporters as long as they get the money they dnt care bout anyone else!!

think of the money that saints got charged for all they (unneccesery) police officers that are out to ruin what was meant to be a good occasion?

Well said aincientsaint at least some1 can see that more money goes towards them than really needed

Complete nonsense! I think the police numbers depend on how big the crowd is and given the game was against Rangers, don't you think more officers are required than a game against Clyde? Do you honestly think the Police's sole purpose on Tuesday was to spoil the occassion? Please give me some examples as I never had any problems at any point

not all the police officers are being paid, as some will be specials

I can assure you that the Police will make sure that every officer in attendance will cost the club money and MORE than each of these officers get on a normal part of their duties.

The Police charge any organisation almost 3 times the officers normal hourly rate when an event or football game is on - that means that officers can still carry out Normal duties elsewhere......you may find that some will volunteer to do football duty....but their "shifts " ie Normal beat duties could be covered by someone on O/T.

Ive seen one of their bills for a football match and its obscene with regards to the person paying ie St.Johnstone fc.

Had to laugh in the 208 earlier in the evening,whilst outside having a smoke,i overheard a few Rangers fans commenting about the last time they had met each other it was during a european campaign,one of them said "its like Manchester all over again" I says "it canna be" when asked why not,i replied "cos theres nae fookin riot polis about !" At that i beat a steady retreat back into the pub :wink:

I don't understand this hatred for the police. They're just ordinary people trying to do a duty to the community and enforce the law. Remember, these guys don't make them, they're just there to enforce them and despite what people believe, not all of them are desperate to cover matches at McD.

It's a rewarding job and I was interested in joining the police a few years ago but one of the things I didn't like about it is the number of kn*bends who show no respect for them

I don't understand this hatred for the police. They're just ordinary people trying to do a duty to the community and enforce the law. Remember, these guys don't make them, they're just there to enforce them and despite what people believe, not all of them are desperate to cover matches at McD.

It's a rewarding job and I was interested in joining the police a few years ago but one of the things I didn't like about it is the number of kn*bends who show no respect for them

They don't do themselves any favours by turning a blind eye to the pish that Rangers fans in particular get upto. Thats not just Tayside, I mean the different regional forces.